🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Colorado Pot prices dropping

Government being involved usually isn't a good thing. I've tried to explain that to some of my pothead friends. I've always told them they should be pushing for decriminalization, but not for taxation.

Big Brother is not your friend. You would think Americans would have figured that out by now. He's not there to help you get high and enjoy life. He's there to control you and steal your money.
Sounds like my ex wives...

Yeah, i'm shocked so many truly believe Big Brother is their friend. He doesn't care about you. Big Brother cares about Big Brother. He isn't there to help you enjoy life. He's there to control you and make you pay tribute.

So yeah, maybe he won't put you in prison for getting high. But he's gonna make you pay in other ways. He isn't your friend.
Shit dude, I been playing cat-n-mouse with the Big boys now for 38 years..you don't have to tell me shit...I get it from them every time I fart...

Government being involved usually isn't a good thing. I've tried to explain that to some of my pothead friends. I've always told them they should be pushing for decriminalization, but not for taxation.

Big Brother is not your friend. You would think Americans would have figured that out by now. He's not there to help you get high and enjoy life. He's there to control you and steal your money.
sounds like what California has become....

In my opinion, California law is a better deal than the 'legalization' in Washington State and Colorado. It's easy to get a medical card. There are clinics that just do medical evaluations for marijuana and that's all they do, cranking out cards all day long. You had a headache once? Approved! Now you can grow 100 plants in Humboldt County, or 100 square feet indoors.
Killer!

During the 1990's, the price for a pound of outdoor in California was over $4,000.

Now that same pound is under $2,000 (black market).

The medical dispensaries in California have been making money by selling small amounts for relatively high prices, like around $40 for an 8th ounce. They have to pay rent on their store and taxes. Black market is still the best deal. If anything, the legal weed industry has prevented black market prices from completely cratering.

Decriminalization by way of Taxation isn't such a great thing. Government destroys everything it touches. But hey, at least you won't go to prison for smoking Marijuana. So I guess it's a compromise. You gotta take what you can get sometimes.

Government is just demanding tribute. No different than the Mafia does. But hey, at least you won't go to prison for smoking Marijuana. It's an unavoidable compromise. Big Brother isn't there to help you out. He's there to control you and steal your money. He ain't your friend.

California has a ballot measure coming up in 2016 that's almost a clone of the CO law. I see it as a sort of Trojan horse. In the guise of "legalization", it means greater regulation. Quite likely it would put the medical marijuana people out of business, a system under which 'patients' are protected by privacy laws. It would incentivize a state-wide sin tax.

[The ballot measure] lets the people with $$$$ control the “legalized” market — since you need $$$$ to pay for licenses, $$$$ for application fees for rigged lotteries, $$$$ to comply with all the regulations that will be applied to anything related to cannabis.

It would impose a 5 micron DUI level, so you could get a DUI if you smoked a bong load last night. And, it would benefit the law enforcement industry as you'd have all these inspections going of constantly to make sure the regulations are being adhered to.

Anyone under 21 could still be sent to juvenile court for possession.

In my opinion, California law is a better deal than the 'legalization' in Washington State and Colorado. It's easy to get a medical card. There are clinics that just do medical evaluations for marijuana and that's all they do, cranking out cards all day long. You had a headache once? Approved! Now you can grow 100 plants in Humboldt County, or 100 square feet indoors.
well even back in the 90's most cops out here could care less about a small amount of pot....it has always seemed to be pretty lax out here.......and yet none of the nightmares that were supposed to happen after the State ok'd medical pot in 96 has happened.....

Government is just demanding tribute. No different than the Mafia does. But hey, at least you won't go to prison for smoking Marijuana. It's an unavoidable compromise. Big Brother isn't there to help you out. He's there to control you and steal your money. He ain't your friend.
like i said....sounds like what Cal has become....

well even back in the 90's most cops out here could care less about a small amount of pot....it has always seemed to be pretty lax out here.......and yet none of the nightmares that were supposed to happen after the State ok'd medical pot in 96 has happened.

Small amounts, yes.

In the 20th century, however, it was common to have helicopter convoys swoop over your land with mustacioed CAMP (campaign against marijuana plantations) soldiers hanging out the side with automatic rifles. They'd fly behind the contours of a ridge so you couldn't hear them until the last minute.

Things are different today. This bumper sticker has practically gone extinct;
BSUSoutofH.jpg

Forum List

Back