Colorado puts 25% tax on marijuana

Why do people want to smoke pot and ruin their lungs and brains?

I smoked it every day for over 2 years.

I have an IQ off the charts.

Lungs, I don't know about, but I've never seen evidence that it has any negative effect on the brain. (Except when you're high, then you're dumb as a rock...)

How long did the 'dumb as a rock' high last for each day?

I've seen people's personalities change markedly.

Hopefully there'll be no legal market soon either.
I wouldn't mind smokers...if they stayed home and smoked and didn't gather around the mall entrance and ATM and fill my lungs with smoke as I enter to shop.

There is a small black market, tax/duty avoidance...but the penalties are really severe.
We might be "Dumb, drunk, racist, and backward" according to the world...but our puppy dogs aren't.
They love nothing more than detecting illicit cargo. :)

Trouble for the smugglers is that the place is an island, so they have to fly their cargo in.

I smoked it every day for over 2 years.

I have an IQ off the charts.

Lungs, I don't know about, but I've never seen evidence that it has any negative effect on the brain. (Except when you're high, then you're dumb as a rock...)

in the 70's i smoked pretty much at least 4-5 times a week.....at FJC we used to do laps around the pool in swim class and then get out of the pool, throw shorts and shoes on and run from the pool to the football field and do a lap around the field and back to the locker room.....the guys who just smoked Cigs lasted half way if lucky the ones who just smoked pot like me had no problems ...those who smoked both made it to the field and walked the rest of the way....i smoked through the 70's and 80's and first part of the 90's....when i do a lung capacity test....i am still a blowhard...

You almost gotta laugh about pot heads who claim to being geniuses but confess that they are "dumb as a rock".
I laugh at holier than thou's that don't have a clue, but think they're smart. It's like the abortion issue....if you don't like it, don't have one...a toke....It's like the holier than than thou's in your bedroom telling you that you can only have sex in the missionary position, the woman has to be ovulating, and you can't use any birth control, because sex is only for procreation, not recreation.

Trying to regulate morality is as dumb as a bag of hammers.

If you add a 25% tax to an 1/8th of an ounce of weed costing $30, it will still be less than the $65 it costs on the black market.
Not to mention what I presume to be the purity, quality, and potency factor of legally dispensed marijuana. Is that correct?

"Purity" isn't really an issue, it's a plant.

But yes, weed sold through the clubs is usually tested in a lab for THC, CBD and CBN content, and examined for molds and parasites - and there's always a variety of choices of strains and preparations available, unlike your average street dealer.
What I mean by the importance of purity is a significant amount of black market weed has been sprayed with carcinogenic pesticides and growth-inducing hormones. In addition to that, back in the seventies there was an alert about a grow found in a toxic dumpsite in upstate New York.

Briefly stated, one never knows what one is getting from a black market dealer.

While it's true that smoking anything is harmful to the lungs, smoking is not the only way to enjoy the benefits of marijuana -- nor is it the best way. If you have ever eaten a pot brownie or any other cannabis edible (I like carrot cake) you would know what I mean.

If marijuana were as legally available as beverage alcohol there soon would be a wide variety of edible marijuana products on the market and in due time smoking it would become much less common. The effect of eating it is much more pleasant than smoking it.

Smoking marijuana delivers THC directly to the brain via the lungs so the effect is immediate, it is substantially more intense, and it is followed closely by a depressing let-down feeling. Whereas digested cannabis delivers THC to the brain more gradually and evenly, it comes on slowly so the effect is much less intense, not stuporous, it lasts much longer, and there is no let-down feeling.

Smoking marijuana is common because cooking and baking with it calls for some level of expertise and experience and more leaf is needed to prepare the primary ingredient, called pot-butter. The expense and pressures of prohibition have discouraged the practice of cooking with marijuana.

Last edited:

A Customs' "profitability scenario" said a 40-foot shipping container held more than 9 million cigarette sticks.

The overseas price for 10 million sticks costs $60,000-$80,000 and on the Australian black market it sells for $3 million-$4 million - a 4900 per cent increase. About one in 20 containers are X-rayed.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Bullshit. The 'quality' comes from the genetics of the seed and the curing process. The 'quantity' comes from advanced hydroponics and other methods to increase the speed to flowering and density of flowers per plant.

How much do you grow yearly?

You're really good at avoiding the point. What I've grown is not only none of your business, it isn't germane to the point. Wow, fail yet again. :lol:

In other words, I am speaking from experience, and you are talking out of your ass.

A Customs' "profitability scenario" said a 40-foot shipping container held more than 9 million cigarette sticks.

The overseas price for 10 million sticks costs $60,000-$80,000 and on the Australian black market it sells for $3 million-$4 million - a 4900 per cent increase. About one in 20 containers are X-rayed.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

THATS the type of markup that creates an illegal markup for something when its due to excessive taxes. Even adding shipping costs, and any bribing you have to do you can afford to lose 1 out of every 3 shipments and still make off like a bandit.

You do not have to smoke it. I usually vaporize it.

Eh, i can appriciate vaporzing, but puffing out of a turkey bag is annoying.

modern vaporizers do not require a bag. They are like the dug outs of old, only they act as vaporizers. Pretty neat...if you care to shell out 250 ollars on a piece of paraphenalia.

You do not have to smoke it. I usually vaporize it.

Eh, i can appriciate vaporzing, but puffing out of a turkey bag is annoying.

That's why they make vaporizers.

Pot vaporizer boom leads to secret stoners | New York Post

This might actually be a good idea. Some anti smokers are so against smoking that they are trying to ban e-cigarettes. With the legalization of pot vaporizers they won't be able to do it. I vape with an e-cigarette. I like flavored 0 nicotine juice. When people complain that I'm smoking, I have been lying and telling them that its a marijuana vaporizer and they leave me alone. Jerry Brown wants to legalize pot and ban vaporizers. Let him get his head around this one.

Forum List

Back