Columbia professor says he does heroin regularly for 'work-life balance'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
No need to graduate any higher, you're near the top of the mountain already. Then I read the article and I find he's going even further with his experimentation.

Where in the hell does he obtain this stuff? Are Profs heading down to Junkie BLVD. to get their fix?

Carl Hart is a Columbia University professor of psychology and neuroscience. He chairs the psych department and has a fondness for heroin – not only as a subject of scholarly pursuit but also as a substance for personal use.

At 54, the married father of three has snorted small amounts of heroin for as many as 10 days in a row and enjoyed it mightily – even if, as he recalls in his new book "Drug Use for Grown-ups: Chasing Liberty in the Land of Fear" (Penguin Press), he’s experienced mild withdrawal symptoms "12 to 16 hours after the last dose."

But, as Hart sees it, the discomfort is a worthwhile trade-off.

"There aren’t many things in life that I enjoy more than a few lines by the fireplace at the end of the day," he writes, pointing out that the experience leaves him "refreshed" and "prepared to face another day."

Hart, who studies the effects of psychoactive drugs on humans, finds his use of the narcotic to be "as rational as my alcohol use. Like vacation, sex and the arts, heroin is one of the tools that I use to maintain my work-life balance."

Thousands and thousands of people use drugs to get them through the day. Granted most of it is prescribed but I find it funny how we simply see that as OK.

Most are addicted to them at that.

Interesting that Columbia University would keep him after such an admission. But at least he's not shooting up. Kind of depends on the frequency of use and the amount he snorts. Micro-dosing THC, Psilocybin, LSD and other hallucinogens is an increasing phenomenon that includes many high-functioning adults. But I've never heard of it with heroin.

Thousands and thousands of people use drugs to get them through the day. Granted most of it is prescribed but I find it funny how we simply see that as OK.

Most are addicted to them at that.

It's why I reject prescription drugs for issues I can deal with myself.

I've avoided them for a torn bicep (also avoided, without choice thanks to the system, surgery for my bicep), a damaged knee, torn shoulder (was younger then and even worked through the pain at the gym) and a host of other issues most would look to prescriptions to address.

The only time I really reach for anything, is an Advil when I get a migraine. Even then, only from time to time, as I usually just sit in a dark room, listen to soft sounds and wait it out.

I'm not so much judging people for their addictions, but, the damage they do to young people. Adults can make their own decisions as far as I am concerned. I just hope some of his students which might be more easily influenced, don't partake in such recreations because they hear that he does.

Interesting that Columbia University would keep him after such an admission. But at least he's not shooting up. Kind of depends on the frequency of use and the amount he snorts. Micro-dosing THC, Psilocybin, LSD and other hallucinogens is an increasing phenomenon that includes many high-functioning adults. But I've never heard of it with heroin.

Read the full article, he's doing even heavier stuff.

That explains university education these days

No wonder they're stupid as stumps
What is your excuse? Many people can function just as well as other people while using substances that the centralized corporate powers don't want you to do.

Read the full article, he's doing even heavier stuff.

I saw that. If I was the Dean at Columbia, I'd be having a serious talk with him.

What is your excuse? Many people can function just as well as other people while using substances that the centralized corporate powers don't want you to do.

You never fail to look ridiculous

Hint: it's illegal
Only because people like you support the police state and the corporate camps of subjugation.

By all means, let's send our children to be coached by a drug addled professor extolling the pleasures of heroin addictions.
PARENTS, This is your fault if you allow it...
Yes, but it is okay if they take Adderall if prescribed.......

Now it's not like he says he is a Christian or Trump supporter or something. Sure they will keep him and probably allow him to share with his class.

Only because people like you support the police state and the corporate camps of subjugation.

And people like you support addicts teaching children.

Wtf is the matter with you, Runt. ...oh wait, you're an addict?

You look stupid, sit down

Well let's be honest. Sure it's "illegal", but so is illegal immigration. So although it is illegal on the books, it's not really.

I support addicts? Can you show me where any money of mine has gone to support such? Anything I do is legal, including weed bitch so chill.

People like me send their children to school for an education, not a gram...

I support addicts? Can you show me where any money has gone to support such?
I thought addicts were routinely given free clean needles.

And what of the welfare to support them once they can't hold down jobs?

Addicts are the future of America, once the Left takes everything worthwhile away from us, the only thing worth having is an occasional high.

Well let's be honest. Sure it's "illegal", but so is illegal immigration. So although it is illegal on the books, it's not really.

The moment I found out a heroin addict was in charge of children it'd be a bad day for the addict

By all means, let's send our children to be coached by a drug addled professor extolling the pleasures of heroin addictions.
PARENTS, This is your fault if you allow it...
Yes, but it is okay if they take Adderall if prescribed.......

Wonder what Rump would say about that? ;)

d95M7J6.jpg

Forum List

Back