Combined Thread: "Solutions" for mass shootings. Gun Control, Mental Health, School Security, etc

I Just made a thread across the way in regards to who was in power during the Obama years when Libs didnt see a problem allowing all these weapons across the border that were obviously not intended to go into shooting deer.
Personally I think the Las Vegas shooting was an Eric Holder-FBI gun running operation hold over that went bad.
Especially with a missing Hard Drive from his laptop, when there was no reason for him to have a laptop if he was going on a suicide mission. And he had far too many weapons for any reasonable person to use to commit that act.

Even that wouldn’t work. It would have to be a complete eradication of all criminals and those with criminal minds or mental illness, because we know the black market would then flourish even more than it does now.

I ask, seriously, why are we not talking about mental healthcare is this country, stopping black market gun running, criminals of every stripe and color. When will we look at the ONLY real answers to reduce the chance of this happening again.
Florida shooting:

Parkland school student calls Donald Trump a 'piece of s***' over tweet of condolence

'Prayers won’t fix this. But gun control will prevent it from happening again', says teen

Florida shooting victim calls Donald Trump a 'f*****g piece of s**t' over condolence message

What gun control, besides total weapon bans and confiscation would have prevented this?

I am of course talking about the theoretical total ban and confiscation, not reality where people who want a gun will get a gun.

Your thread title mentioned something about asking questions?

Yet you didn't ask one.

I have one.

WTF are you talking about?

You claim you want discussion then you put up a stupid post like this, I am finding your credibility lacking for what you claim you want.

He started a thread about "asking questions"...

then didn't bother pose any...

the OP was a nonsensical rant... apparently Ben Franklin started us down the road to mass killings....

WTF do you want from me?

If he had a cup, I'd put a dollar in it.

Henceforth I won't be voting for any politician who's taken more than $1000 in blood money from the NRA in any given year. If such a candidate doesn't exist, I'll leave that space blank - and so should you. Sadly, they don't represent sportsmen or simple home defense and recreational target shooting firearms owners such as myself. They're all about manufacturers, distributors and retailers.

Nice column from Richard Wolffe

<snips>

This is no time to talk politics, we’re told by gun-loving conservatives.

This is a time for prayers, we’re told by Donald Trump.

“There really are no words,” we’re told by the local sheriff.

So it’s OK, everyone. We can get back to the latest blather about tax cuts for corporations or billions for a border wall. Those are the things that politics, and presidents, and words, can handle.

But if we can’t talk about saving the lives of our children, if our politics can’t keep our schools safe, if we can’t talk about the mass murder of innocence, then what on earth are we talking about? What’s the point of any politician if they can’t do this one simple thing: protect our youngest citizens?

Donald Trump doesn’t do moral values and he doesn’t do justice. That’s the cost of doing business with a man who wanted the death penalty for five teenagers known as the Central Park Five, and claimed they were guilty even after they were exonerated by DNA evidence.

Enough is enough is enough. If you care about our children, do something to protect them. If you want a politician who talks about our greatest threats, vote for someone who isn’t terrified of the National Rifle Association.

And if you want to make America great again, make our schools safe again.​

Don’t look to Trump for leadership after the Florida school shooting | Richard Wolffe

I am a Life member of the NRA. Our membership is soaring and we're stronger than ever.

-Geaux
Ah...but would you go up and say that to the parent of one of the children killed yesterday?

Guess what? ALL rights come with problems.
Only a moron thinks freedom is free.

THAT will be great "comfort" to those 17 kids' families........

Send them a "thank you" note for helping to PAY for your freedom to walk around with assault weapons....Let's see how THEY would respond to your note.

Kinda sounds funny doesn’t it?
I haven’t looked up statistics in quite some time but isn’t it mostly Democrats that are doing all the killing with guns? Aren’t the majority of mass shooters Democrats, Lefties or Muslims? The ghetto folks killing each other in our ghettos and barrios....yep, Liberal Democrats.
I would love to hear a Democratic lawmaker stand at the podium on the senate floor and say....”Now damnit, we are tired of all this killing, we must get aggressive on gun control, we have to enact laws which will protect ourselves from.....ummm, umm, Democrats.”
maxresdefault.jpg

Your thread title mentioned something about asking questions?

Yet you didn't ask one.

I have one.

WTF are you talking about?

You claim you want discussion then you put up a stupid post like this, I am finding your credibility lacking for what you claim you want.

He started a thread about "asking questions"...

then didn't bother pose any...

the OP was a nonsensical rant... apparently Ben Franklin started us down the road to mass killings....

WTF do you want from me?

If he had a cup, I'd put a dollar in it.

Did you not see the question about why psychopaths are energized to act on their impulses today when they were not doing these things before cultural restraints were meddled with?

Guess what? ALL rights come with problems.
Only a moron thinks freedom is free.

THAT will be great "comfort" to those 17 kids' families........

Send them a "thank you" note for helping to PAY for your freedom to walk around with assault weapons....Let's see how THEY would respond to your note.
Emotion. Its all you have. No solutions, just tears :boohoo:

I support taking bumpstocks off the shelves, I'm on record supporting this. Here's what you fail to grasp, gun control advocates have no intention of stopping there.

Bill Ruger wouldn't sell high-capacity magazines because he didn't want Ruger firearms used for what we're seeing today. I have no problem with 5 shot magazines and banning bump stocks. I saw what spray and pray got units in Vietnam....overrun. If you can't get the job done with 5 rounds you better go get some training.

My problem with bump stocks is they are being used to circumvent the restrictions on automatic weapons, avoiding the tax stamps and government oversight. I'd get on board with magazine restrictions also. There is common ground on common sense gun control law, if only the anti gun advocates were not such lying dishonest scum we could come together and accomplish something, but we know they have no intention of honoring any compromise.
How do you know they're lying? Because someone told you? There has not been any significant gun legislation since AR-15's were outlawed way back. That expired. Where is any indication they are lying about what they will do in the future?

Kinda sounds funny doesn’t it?
I haven’t looked up statistics in quite some time but isn’t it mostly Democrats that are doing all the killing with guns? Aren’t the majority of mass shooters Democrats, Lefties or Muslims? The ghetto folks killing each other in our ghettos and barrios....yep, Liberal Democrats.
I would love to hear a Democratic lawmaker stand at the podium on the senate floor and say....”Now damnit, we are tired of all this killing, we must get aggressive on gun control, we have to enact laws which will protect ourselves from.....ummm, umm, Democrats.”
maxresdefault.jpg

Hahaha....I always play the "you're a retard" card when people make me look like an ignorant fool as well.

I'm not going to argue Constitutional law with you. I'm no lawyer or expert on the Constitution.
Is there some part of my earlier statement that you had difficulty understanding?
I admit I am not an expert in this. I am definitely not alone in my interpretation, though, and it is an opinion, not a fact I will learn in a book. Yours is also an opinion. That much I do know.
But, in order to have a conversation with us, you must accept that we have an individual right. If the very right to bear arms is up for discussion, you will get nowhere.
I'm not arguing your right to bear arms. The type of arms, yes.

Forum List

Back