Combined Thread: "Solutions" for mass shootings. Gun Control, Mental Health, School Security, etc

I support taking bumpstocks off the shelves, I'm on record supporting this. Here's what you fail to grasp, gun control advocates have no intention of stopping there.

Bill Ruger wouldn't sell high-capacity magazines because he didn't want Ruger firearms used for what we're seeing today. I have no problem with 5 shot magazines and banning bump stocks. I saw what spray and pray got units in Vietnam....overrun. If you can't get the job done with 5 rounds you better go get some training.

My problem with bump stocks is they are being used to circumvent the restrictions on automatic weapons, avoiding the tax stamps and government oversight. I'd get on board with magazine restrictions also. There is common ground on common sense gun control law, if only the anti gun advocates were not such lying dishonest scum we could come together and accomplish something, but we know they have no intention of honoring any compromise.
How do you know they're lying? Because someone told you? There has not been any significant gun legislation since AR-15's were outlawed way back. That expired. Where is any indication they are lying about what they will do in the future?

Their actions prove they are liars.

FFS, I've seen this movie. It has to run it's course with all this predictable BS on both sides and then slip into oblivion. It's tragic, but boring.

Did you not see the question about why psychopaths are energized to act on their impulses today when they were not doing these things before cultural restraints were meddled with?

That's right, mental illness was invented in 1968 before that no one ever stepped out of line.

The meddlers really screwed things up. Why oh why did they loosen the restraints with their civil rights, women in the workplace, penis in anus marriage....and the f-word in that black rap noise...

Let's go back to the way it was, before Jimi Hendrix and the brown acid...

The Second Amendment didn't shoot up a bunch of students. A person did. A person who talked about doing it before he did it. The NRA didn't shot anybody either. The FBI knew about this guy's threats and so did the school.

Tell us, Wry Catcher. How could this lunatic have been stopped from harming others?

He was said to have purchased the gun or guns legally. We need a comprehensive computer program able to collect all data on individuals who are profiled as a danger to the community, and said program accessed by all gun shops in the nation. And, anyone Identified and places in the do not sell program, who attempts to make a purchase, require the gun shop or seller to the effort to local LE.

Any person who sells a gun without a clear search on said program should be charged with a felony, and be held fiscally responsible for any harm done to another.

Those who meet the profile should be placed into the computer program Immediately, and the person so identified should be interviewed by local LE, to determine if the person fit the profile, or not.

I'm not going to argue Constitutional law with you. I'm no lawyer or expert on the Constitution.
Is there some part of my earlier statement that you had difficulty understanding?
I admit I am not an expert in this. I am definitely not alone in my interpretation, though, and it is an opinion, not a fact I will learn in a book. Yours is also an opinion. That much I do know.
But, in order to have a conversation with us, you must accept that we have an individual right. If the very right to bear arms is up for discussion, you will get nowhere.
I'm not arguing your right to bear arms. The type of arms, yes.
You were 10 posts ago.. Do you even know what you believe?

The Second Amendment didn't shoot up a bunch of students. A person did. A person who talked about doing it before he did it. The NRA didn't shot anybody either. The FBI knew about this guy's threats and so did the school.

Tell us, Wry Catcher. How could this lunatic have been stopped from harming others?

He was said to have purchased the gun or guns legally. We need a comprehensive computer program able to collect all data on individuals who are profiled as a danger to the community, and said program accessed by all gun shops in the nation. And, anyone Identified and places in the do not sell program, who attempts to make a purchase, require the gun shop or seller to the effort to local LE.

Any person who sells a gun without a clear search on said program should be charged with a felony, and be held fiscally responsible for any harm done to another.

Those who meet the profile should be placed into the computer program Immediately, and the person so identified should be interviewed by local LE, to determine if the person fit the profile, or not.
Horseshit.

President Trump is clearly indebted: "You came through for me, and I am going to come through for you," Trump promised the NRA at its 2017 convention. "I will never, ever let you down."

:uhoh3:

In shooting's wake, Trump urges children to seek help if they feel 'lost, alone, confused or even scared'

"You have people who care about you, who love you and who will do anything at all to protect you. If you need help, turn to a teacher, a family member, a local police officer or a faith leader...."

Trump urges children to seek help if they feel 'lost, alone, confused or even scared'

Hate, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, this is what kids hear. where have all the adults gone?
My kids didn't grow up without adults in the room. The went to private school, because I was able to amass a small fortune over in Saudi Arabia. They went to church to learn right from wrong, good vs evil, and being boys and girls not creepazoids that the liberals always talk about with the 50 shades of insanity. But since God is no longer relevant in the liberals world and liberal adults don't want conflict resolution with their children, these future criminals are time bombs just waiting to explode.

This liberal is the poster child of what happens when liberals supposedly raise their children. Parents of this guy are flaming liberals who hated the US.

John Walker Lindh - Wikipedia
John Phillip Walker Lindh (born February 9, 1981) is a U.S. citizen who was captured as an enemy combatant during the United States' invasion of Afghanistan in November 2001. He was captured and detained at Qala-i-Jangi fortress, used as a prison. He took part in the Battle of Qala-i-Jangi, a violent uprising of the Taliban prisoners, during which the CIA officer Johnny "Mike" Spann was killed, together with all but 86 of the estimated 300–500 prisoners. Brought to trial in United States federal court in February 2002, Lindh accepted a plea bargain; he pleaded guilty to two charges and was sentenced to 20 years in prison without parole.
All during the 8 years of the faggot 1/2 black community agitator, all we heard was him apologizing for the US, and telling liberals to get in the face. When the children actually follow the orders of a liberal, then the liberals act shocked, but We the People know better..

Emotion. Its all you have. No solutions, just tears

NO, no......we must place ANY gun ownership before sanity......Its justified in that fucking 2nd amendment.
Hell, let's include tanks'ownership just to underscore the statement in that amendment.....After all, tanks would be even BETTER to defend ourselves from an oppressive government, don't you think?

No one is asking for the repeal of the Second Amendment.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED how else will you get your gun control laws passed?
I'm not going to argue Constitutional law with you. I'm no lawyer or expert on the Constitution.
I read the Second a little differently. It was speaking to the need for a militia. We now have a standing military.

The SCOTUS has already ruled your interpretation of the 2nd amendment is wrong. You also don't understand the difference between a militia and the military or restrictions on use of our military for domestic issues. In fact there is so much you fail to understand you really need to step back from this issue and educate yourself.

Understand the context and why the 2nd amendment was written in the first place. In those times in most of the world the people were prohibited from owning arms. This allowed the rulers to abuse and terrorize their own people using their military. Now you should begin to understand why the founders added the phrase SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED and why there are restrictions on use of our military in domestic situations.
Is there some part of my earlier statement that you had difficulty understanding?
I admit I am not an expert in this. I am definitely not alone in my interpretation, though, and it is an opinion, not a fact I will learn in a book. Yours is also an opinion. That much I do know.

Nobody expects you to be an expert or lawyer. The issue is you lack even a basic understanding of this issue yet you are forming opinions and voting on it.
I looked it up. In 2008 in a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court decided that there is an individual right to bear arms in their home for protection. They overturned a D.C. law prohibiting handguns in the city.
4 justices agreed with me, too. It is still called an opinion, even when it's from the Supreme Court, you know. Just sayin.

You bastard! How dare you point out the obvious fact that the problem is not guns, but rather sick people in our society. And the nerve you have to recognize that societal changes have created these psychos is reprehensible. Why don’t you just let us believe we can fix it all by banning guns?

Wow, you go girl...... a sarcastic straw man... how witty, how clever.

Snark + misconstruing opposing view = genius....

Gold stars and lollipop for you!!

Now that is irony! You call me out for being sarcastic by being......wait for it......SARCASTIC!

Redirect Notice

How did an armed shooter walk into the school in the first place? The school security system was obviously deficient to the point of gross negligence and reckless endangerment. It has happened before, so it is foreseeable.

The public school system huddles our children together unprotected, thus making them sitting duck targets. The prey is there, all you need is a predator. Florida got a predator yesterday and he got his prey on the school's platter.

I've been addressing that all day.

Just not here.

Nazis and commies did the same thing. Set criminals and lunatics on the people they want to disarm...and then when the people try to defend themselves, use it as an excuse to round them up.

I've been telling people this on this site for the past 10 years.

NO, no......we must place ANY gun ownership before sanity......Its justified in that fucking 2nd amendment.
Hell, let's include tanks'ownership just to underscore the statement in that amendment.....After all, tanks would be even BETTER to defend ourselves from an oppressive government, don't you think?

so you double down and now go with argumentum ad absurdum.

Did you not see the question about why psychopaths are energized to act on their impulses today when they were not doing these things before cultural restraints were meddled with?

That's right, mental illness was invented in 1968 before that no one ever stepped out of line.

The meddlers really screwed things up. Why oh why did they loosen the restraints with their civil rights, women in the workplace, penis in anus marriage....and the f-word in that black rap noise...

Let's go back to the way it was, before Jimi Hendrix and the brown acid...

So you aren't interested in talking about problems or solutions, you are interested in your ideas and solutions only?

Florida shooting:

Parkland school student calls Donald Trump a 'piece of s***' over tweet of condolence

'Prayers won’t fix this. But gun control will prevent it from happening again', says teen

Florida shooting victim calls Donald Trump a 'f*****g piece of s**t' over condolence message

What gun control, besides total weapon bans and confiscation would have prevented this?
Adding REAL information to the background check Cruz passed might have helped.

What "real" information?

Tanks are legal already dumbass

Forum List

Back