Combined Thread: "Solutions" for mass shootings. Gun Control, Mental Health, School Security, etc

Right on Cue: Liberals Demand Gun Control After Florida School Shooting
Prominent liberals on Twitter are once again calling for gun control following the tragic shooting at a Florida High School that left as many as 17 dead.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we saw this coming , they already started it on here. Leftist gun grabbers are the dumbest sob's with no logic, nor common sense.
They are to dumb to take lessons from other Countries who have stripped their gun rights away....... Oh they're so safe now never a murder, no way to defend themselves why the immigrants are able to rape them really nice and easy because why they have nothing to protect themselves with making them the perfect weakling and weak minded fks.
liberals want to rape and pillage the rest of US, just look who they vote for? I did not have sexual relations with that woman comes to mind. If the rest of US cant defend ourselves, it will be a field day for liberals. but that damn 2nd amendment keeps getting in their way of our stuff, that the worthless fucking liberals want..

> Politics >
Don’t look to Trump for leadership after the Florida school shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DrLove, Today at 11:18 AM.

In early June 2016, the trio of Donald Trump Jr., then-campaign manager Paul Manafort, and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner took a meeting with a Putin-connected lawyer... Former Trump White House adviser Steve Bannon has dubbed that meeting "treasonous."

A Potential Game Changer

The allegation that Russia funneled money into the NRA – to directly support Trump's presidential bid – is staggering.

Until now, we've understood the Russian support of Trump to have been oblique, delivered by a cadre of Facebook and Twitter trolls, and by the release of hacked DNC and Clinton campaign emails through Wikileaks.

The notion that the Kremlin was supporting Trump's presidential bid financially – and through an organization that holds itself up as a paragon of American patriotism – is almost unreal.

If the allegation bears out, it raises unsettling questions:

How much money did Torshin deliver?

Did the NRA understand that this money was coming from Moscow?

Did the Trump campaign?

Did Russian funds only support Trump – or did the money infiltrate the NRA's broader mission of electing Republicans? (In total, the NRA spent nearly $52 million in the 2016 general election on dozens of House and Senate races.)

Does Russian influence have anything to do with the fascistic turn in NRA messaging?

The Trump-Russia-NRA Connection: Here’s What You Need to Know

"The leader of a white nationalist militia says Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his group and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee."

Update: Militia says school shooting suspect was member

"The leader of a white nationalist militia says Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his group and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee."

153582_4085124_updates.jpg

"Hey Bernie, get your people in line." - candidate Trump

Is the GOP now the party of authoritarianism?

the thread i was initially responding to was titled with a subject headline questioning donald trump's LEADERSHIP.

how conveeeenient the subject has now been convoluted into attacking liberals.

USMB trumptards = :eusa_liar: how much is donny paying you??

Donald Trump Poses an Unprecedented Threat to American Democracy

a report circulated highlighting his 1990 interview with Playboy in which he praised the brutality of the Tiananmen Square crackdown. This is not the first time I had seen Trump praise dictators.

My previous view of Trump was as a kind of vaccine. The Republican Party relies on the covert mobilization of racial resentment and nationalism. Trump, as I saw it, was bringing into the open that which had been intentionally submerged. It seemed like a containable dose of disease, too small to take over its host, but large enough to set off a counterreaction of healthy blood cells. But the outbreak of violence this weekend suggests the disease may be spreading far wider than I believed, and infecting healthy elements of the body politic.

I remain convinced that Trump cannot win the presidency. But what I failed to account for was the possibility that his authoritarian style could degrade American politics even in defeat. There is a whiff in the air of the notion that the election will be settled in the streets — a poisonous idea that is unsafe in even the smallest doses.

Here is another factor I failed to predict. Trump, as I’ve noted, lies substantively within the modern Republican racial political tradition that seamlessly incorporates such things as the Willie Horton ads and the uncontroversial service of Louisiana representative Steve Scalise, who once called himself “David Duke without the baggage,” as House Majority Whip. But Trump’s amplification of white racial resentment matters. His campaign has dominated the national discourse. Millions of Americans who have never heard of Steve Scalise are seized with mortal terror of Trump, whose ubiquity in campaign coverage makes him seem larger and more unstoppable than he is. And terror is corrosive.

You're absolutely "correct".....Who the fuck should stop a 19 year old with depression and other social issues from buying an AR-!5 to take revenge on the world????.................Those 17 kids died to help "pay" for your sins...
Have you ever NOT missed the point?
:lol:

Every post from you is a complete side-step of the point.

Due Process. That's the issue and it is a legitimate concern.

The number of guns and the amount of ammunition purchased should raise a red flag.

Look, if Conservatives are right and mental illness is to blame for these mass shootings, then the only solutions should be:

1. Universal and free mental health treatment
2. Mandatory mental health benefits in every insurance plan
3. Mandatory mental health screenings for every gun purchaser

Those are the only steps we can take to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, who Conservatives think are to blame for all mass shootings.

In Florida-

It was a rare moment in American public life: A killer's shooting rampage had claimed lives young and old, giving rise to a burst of political will to strengthen gun laws. In November 1998, Florida voters overwhelmingly approved an amendment to the state Constitution that allowed counties to mandate background checks for private gun sales — closing the so-called gun-show loophole...

...The reality is very different. Despite the amendment's passage and counties' actions, the requirements for criminal records checks on private gun sales are virtually unenforced in Florida.

Law enforcement officials, government attorneys and gun-show organizers say the ordinances are ignored in the seven counties — encompassing almost half of Florida's population — that currently have them.

Sheriff's deputies and police officers have responsibility for seeing that the background checks are conducted, but acknowledge they do little to ensure compliance. Gun-show organizers say private sellers typically disregard the laws.

"Nobody's checking anything," said Randie Rickert, organizer of the Hernando Sportsman's Club gun show.

So, we have the laws, closed the loop hole by public vote here in Fl, in 1998, yet the laws are still ignored.

Gun-show loophole laws on the books in Florida, but ignored

So ,once again laws are ignored by criminals.

Even that wouldn’t work. It would have to be a complete eradication of all criminals and those with criminal minds or mental illness, because we know the black market would then flourish even more than it does now.

I ask, seriously, why are we not talking about mental healthcare is this country, stopping black market gun running, criminals of every stripe and color. When will we look at the ONLY real answers to reduce the chance of this happening again.

Partially agree - This kid was mentally ill .. CLEARLY. But how you can say that no lives would be saved were we to implement universal background checks is beyond me. Any kook or criminal can go to armslist.com or to a gun show in around 22 states and buy anything they please from an unlicensed dealer without a BG check.

FIX IT

We have had 18 school shootings in 45 days. If that does not put you in fear for your children and grandchildren, then you are just too damned dumb to care.

[Sigh]

We can't have had 18 school shootings this calendar year: we'd have heard. There have only been one or two, right? That could be categorized as mass killings, something other than local police action needed and taken and the situation settled.

That "18 shootings" meme is just leftist propaganda.

It's just too obvious.

The libturds won't even bring up the fact that the shooter wrote ALLAHU Akbar in his Instagram

The first thing they bring up is gun control, that's the first thing they go to.

It won't work. :nono:

Liberals brought up gun control when the FBI reported illegals committed 1,200 homicides in Texas? Oh wait, they didn't. Skye is this another example of liberal faux rage?

The Second Amendment didn't shoot up a bunch of students. A person did. A person who talked about doing it before he did it. The NRA didn't shot anybody either. The FBI knew about this guy's threats and so did the school.

Tell us, Wry Catcher. How could this lunatic have been stopped from harming others?

He was said to have purchased the gun or guns legally. We need a comprehensive computer program able to collect all data on individuals who are profiled as a danger to the community, and said program accessed by all gun shops in the nation. And, anyone Identified and places in the do not sell program, who attempts to make a purchase, require the gun shop or seller to the effort to local LE.

Any person who sells a gun without a clear search on said program should be charged with a felony, and be held fiscally responsible for any harm done to another.

Those who meet the profile should be placed into the computer program Immediately, and the person so identified should be interviewed by local LE, to determine if the person fit the profile, or not.
Interesting. We need more data bases based on profiling and in this guy's case, things he said online. You believe that threatening gun dealers fiscally would stop crazy people from hurting others with guns.

In this case, the FBI knew about his threat. Do you think they should have done something more than mention it to the school? If so, what?

They should have locked up the kid when he made the threats.

They lock fucking ranchers up for less. They KILL them for less.
The fact that they don't lock up the crazies who actually POSE A VIOLENT THREAT to kids in schools shows they are actually fostering this behavior.

Your anger is palpable and misguided. You express hate every day on this web site, if what you suggest you might be next to be locked up. Irrational hate is something sure to be one part of profiling.

Do you really want the FBI or your local Sheriff's Dept. reading your posts?
[in point of fact, I hope they do have staff reviewing message boards, and conducting interviews when a pattern of hate is observed]. They do it to control prostitution/sex trafficking so don't lie to yourself and think they don't.

But how are you to determine who the crazy people are before they go on a rampage? The only answer is to screen everyone for mental illness before they purchase a gun.
I would support this requirement in exchange for no restrictions on the type of gun I can purchase, including full-blown machine guns and other light arms used by the military.

I am not mentally unstable. I have no criminal history. I not done anything elset that would disqualify me. I am perfectly safe.

Why not?

> Politics >
Don’t look to Trump for leadership after the Florida school shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DrLove, Today at 11:18 AM.

In early June 2016, the trio of Donald Trump Jr., then-campaign manager Paul Manafort, and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner took a meeting with a Putin-connected lawyer... Former Trump White House adviser Steve Bannon has dubbed that meeting "treasonous."

A Potential Game Changer

The allegation that Russia funneled money into the NRA – to directly support Trump's presidential bid – is staggering.

Until now, we've understood the Russian support of Trump to have been oblique, delivered by a cadre of Facebook and Twitter trolls, and by the release of hacked DNC and Clinton campaign emails through Wikileaks.

The notion that the Kremlin was supporting Trump's presidential bid financially – and through an organization that holds itself up as a paragon of American patriotism – is almost unreal.

If the allegation bears out, it raises unsettling questions:

How much money did Torshin deliver?

Did the NRA understand that this money was coming from Moscow?

Did the Trump campaign?

Did Russian funds only support Trump – or did the money infiltrate the NRA's broader mission of electing Republicans? (In total, the NRA spent nearly $52 million in the 2016 general election on dozens of House and Senate races.)

Does Russian influence have anything to do with the fascistic turn in NRA messaging?

The Trump-Russia-NRA Connection: Here’s What You Need to Know

153582_4085124_updates.jpg

"Hey Bernie, get your people in line." - candidate Trump

Is the GOP now the party of authoritarianism?

the thread i was initially responding to was titled with a subject headline questioning donald trump's LEADERSHIP.

how conveeeenient the subject has now been convoluted into attacking liberals.

USMB trumptards = :eusa_liar: how much is donny paying you??

a report circulated highlighting his 1990 interview with Playboy in which he praised the brutality of the Tiananmen Square crackdown. This is not the first time I had seen Trump praise dictators.

My previous view of Trump was as a kind of vaccine. The Republican Party relies on the covert mobilization of racial resentment and nationalism. Trump, as I saw it, was bringing into the open that which had been intentionally submerged. It seemed like a containable dose of disease, too small to take over its host, but large enough to set off a counterreaction of healthy blood cells. But the outbreak of violence this weekend suggests the disease may be spreading far wider than I believed, and infecting healthy elements of the body politic.

I remain convinced that Trump cannot win the presidency. But what I failed to account for was the possibility that his authoritarian style could degrade American politics even in defeat. There is a whiff in the air of the notion that the election will be settled in the streets — a poisonous idea that is unsafe in even the smallest doses.

Here is another factor I failed to predict. Trump, as I’ve noted, lies substantively within the modern Republican racial political tradition that seamlessly incorporates such things as the Willie Horton ads and the uncontroversial service of Louisiana representative Steve Scalise, who once called himself “David Duke without the baggage,” as House Majority Whip. But Trump’s amplification of white racial resentment matters. His campaign has dominated the national discourse. Millions of Americans who have never heard of Steve Scalise are seized with mortal terror of Trump, whose ubiquity in campaign coverage makes him seem larger and more unstoppable than he is. And terror is corrosive.

Until you pull your head out of your ass, and wake the fuck up, about your party and how it wants you to be a slave, then shut the fuck up, tired of giving you history lessons that you don't want to learn from.

immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

I would support this requirement in exchange for no restrictions on the type of gun I can purchase, including full-blown machine guns and other light arms used by the military.

I don't understand what one has to do with the other.

I am not mentally unstable.

That's the first thing a mentally unstable person would say. How do you know you're not mentally unstable? Have you seen a psychiatrist who can diagnose a condition? This is exactly the problem; mentally ill people often don't think they're mentally ill, so they don't seek treatment and therefore are not diagnosed. That's why they need to be evaluated before they get their hands on highly lethal weapons.

[Sigh]

We can't have had 18 school shootings this calendar year: we'd have heard. There have only been one or two, right? That could be categorized as mass killings, something other than local police action needed and taken and the situation settled.

That "18 shootings" meme is just leftist propaganda.

No one is calling them all mass killings. The 18 are defined as guns going off on school campuses.

Correct

These are the school shootings so far this year

requirement in exchange for no restrictions on the type of gun I can purchase, including full-blown machine guns and other light arms used by the military.

I am not mentally unstable. I have no criminal history. I not done anything elset that would disqualify me. I am perfectly safe.

Why not?

Throw in grenades and police-issue armor and I'll back you ---

Where were you planning to start your war?

I don't understand what one has to do with the other.
If you do all these tests and checks on me, and I come out clean, there is no need to restrict me on the type of weapon I purchase, because I am safe, RIGHT?
That's the first thing a mentally unstable person would say. How do you know you're not mentally unstable?
Oh, by all means, test me.

I am simply arguing that if I come out clean, there is no reason to restrict the type of weapon I purchase....like automatics.

But how are you to determine who the crazy people are before they go on a rampage? The only answer is to screen everyone for mental illness before they purchase a gun.

Why not?

You need an Abrams Tank, shoulder fired rocket launchers, armed drones and an F-22 or two. Otherwise, how are you going to battle the big bad gubment when they come for your arsenal?

Naturally, the shooting occurred at a "Gun Free Zone". How quaint.

I guess they forgot to tell the shooter ....... Or, since he reportedly attended school there, he couldn’t read the signs?

No "law" or "sign" will stop a crazy person intent on harming others.

Molon Labe.

Forum List

Back