Combined Thread: "Solutions" for mass shootings. Gun Control, Mental Health, School Security, etc

If you do all these tests and checks on me, and I come out clean, there is no need to restrict me on the type of weapon I purchase, because I am safe, RIGHT?

Not really because you could snap at any time and go on a rampage. You could have a nervous breakdown. You could fall into depression.

That's the first thing a mentally unstable person would say. How do you know you're not mentally unstable?
Oh, by all means, test me.

It's not my job, that's the job of a psychiatrist. So maybe schedule an appointment and have them evaluate your mental health.

The problem is that most mentally ill people don't think they're mentally ill, so they don't seek treatment or evaluation, and go without a diagnosis.

So if you're not in support of mandatory mental health screenings and universal free access to mental health, then all you're doing is perpetuating the problem. You end up being the cause of the very thing you say is to blame.

I am simply arguing that if I come out clean, there is no reason to restrict the type of weapon I purchase....like automatics.

"If"? What if you don't come out clean? Should you be committed instantly? Because koshergrrl seems to think so. That's a pretty big risk you're taking...you stroll into a mental health evaluation thinking you're fine, only to find yourself committed to an asylum.

We, the People,Taking the Law BACK Into Our Own Hands

The other St. Valentine's Day Massacre should give vigilantes an idea. Dress up like cops, round up gang members, take them to a fake detention area, and execute them.

All over the TV and this forum people are wanting tough anti-criminal action. Duterte, my hero. It may well take Trump two terms to get tough laws going again, if he wants to at all, but he's our only chance, so let's stay loyal, folks. It would take a lot of unwinding of leftwing laws to coddle the criminal, let's care for every deviant cradle-to-grave, however, so we need to get started.

Right on Cue: Liberals Demand Gun Control After Florida School Shooting
Prominent liberals on Twitter are once again calling for gun control following the tragic shooting at a Florida High School that left as many as 17 dead.
Shooter Belonged to White Supremacist Group
February 15, 2018 at 1:13 pm EST
“Nikolas Cruz, the alleged gunman who killed 17 people at a Florida high school on Wednesday, trained with a white-supremacist group,” its leader told the Daily Beast.
Said Jordan Jereb, captain of the Republic of Florida: “He probably used that training to do what he did yesterday. Nobody I know told him to do that, he just freaked out.”

You need an Abrams Tank, shoulder fired rocket launchers, armed drones and an F-22 or two. Otherwise, how are you going to battle the big bad gubment when they come for your arsenal?
...and thank you for further demonstrating that the safety of the people is not the real issue for the left.

We have had 18 school shootings in 45 days. If that does not put you in fear for your children and grandchildren, then you are just too damned dumb to care.

[Sigh]

We can't have had 18 school shootings this calendar year: we'd have heard. There have only been one or two, right? That could be categorized as mass killings, something other than local police action needed and taken and the situation settled.

That "18 shootings" meme is just leftist propaganda.

Apparently, you have not yet discovered Google:

18 school shootings in 45 days — Florida massacre is one of many tragedies in 2018
My guess is that you define the words "leftist propaganda" as anything you hear that you do not like.

Right on Cue: Liberals Demand Gun Control After Florida School Shooting
Prominent liberals on Twitter are once again calling for gun control following the tragic shooting at a Florida High School that left as many as 17 dead.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we saw this coming , they already started it on here. Leftist gun grabbers are the dumbest sob's with no logic, nor common sense.
They are to dumb to take lessons from other Countries who have stripped their gun rights away....... Oh they're so safe now never a murder, no way to defend themselves why the immigrants are able to rape them really nice and easy because why they have nothing to protect themselves with making them the perfect weakling and weak minded fks.

upload_2018-2-15_11-47-58.png

Survivors of FL School Shooting Go On MSNBC, Blow the Left's Narrative WIDE OPEN

It's just too obvious.

The libturds won't even bring up the fact that the shooter wrote ALLAHU Akbar in his Instagram

The first thing they bring up is gun control, that's the first thing they go to.

It won't work. :nono:
You Goddamned assholes are as guilty of the deaths of those kids as is the kid that killed them. You have made our schools a shooting gallery by the unrestricted sale of the war weapons. You are filth, and unworthy of the name of Americans. How many slaughters does it take before we outlaw the NRA, and make it illegal to have such guns off your property without the same license as is required for a fully automatic Thompson .45.

Ultimately, the left wants to confiscate all guns.

When you test them, they always fail. They will never agree to allow a person tested and deemed "safe" to possess an automatic, not because of safety concerns, but because a disarmed populace is easier to control and ignore.

Seriously, could we take some measures to try and prevent these school shootings? I think so but the anti gun advocates make such a compromise impossible because for them its a total gun ban or nothing. This forces gun owners to not give an inch. They know the gun control advocates will just keep coming back for more and more restrictions until guns are effectively banned with a twisted hairball of ridiculous gun control laws designed to make it so legally risky and expensive to own a gun that people just give up their 2nd amendment rights voluntarily.
I've not heard one person pushing for a total gun ban. Not one. Not even me.

Lib please, they are on video advocating for exactly that. Every time we turn around they are yapping about Europe or Australia gun laws. Never mind these restrictions and bans have ZERO effect on criminals or crazy people who have no intention of obeying the law. Gun control advocates know this, they don't care because their true goal is to ban gun ownership period.
Europe doesn't "ban" all guns, either. There is a difference. You people are panicking. The sky will fall if we take bumpstocks off the shelves. If we don't allow terrorists on the no-fly list to buy guns. When you can explain why these are in anyway eroding your rights, let me know.

I support taking bumpstocks off the shelves, I'm on record supporting this. Here's what you fail to grasp, gun control advocates have no intention of stopping there.
Possibly not. I don't have a crystal ball and I advocate banning AR-15's and their ilk, too. But how would banning bump stocks necessarily lead to anything else? That doesn't actually follow.

Conservatives warned of a slippery slope when the left wanted to legalize gay marriage and now we have TV shows about transgender teenagers, and drag queens reading stories in kindergarten classrooms about boys who like to wear dresses.

All over the TV and this forum people are wanting tough anti-criminal action. Duterte, my hero. It may well take Trump two terms to get tough laws going again, if he wants to at all, but he's our only chance, so let's stay loyal, folks. It would take a lot of unwinding of leftwing laws to coddle the criminal, let's care for every deviant cradle-to-grave, however, so we need to get started.

Duterte is your hero?
And here I thought you were merely a garden variety murderous autocrat.
Silly me

Duterte's drug war in Philippines has killed dozens of children, amnesty report says

We have had 18 school shootings in 45 days. If that does not put you in fear for your children and grandchildren, then you are just too damned dumb to care.

[Sigh]

We can't have had 18 school shootings this calendar year: we'd have heard. There have only been one or two, right? That could be categorized as mass killings, something other than local police action needed and taken and the situation settled.

That "18 shootings" meme is just leftist propaganda.

Apparently, you have not yet discovered Google:

18 school shootings in 45 days — Florida massacre is one of many tragedies in 2018
My guess is that you define the words "leftist propaganda" as anything you hear that you do not like.

lol

upload_2018-2-15_11-52-21.png

It's just too obvious.

The libturds won't even bring up the fact that the shooter wrote ALLAHU Akbar in his Instagram

The first thing they bring up is gun control, that's the first thing they go to.

I know it must be a shocker but there is no need to arm these people with assault type rifles.

WE have crazy people that want to do stupid shit like shoot up a school.

Why do you want to give him a killing weapon?

It's just too obvious.

You Goddamned assholes are as guilty of the deaths of those kids as is the kid that killed them. You have made our schools a shooting gallery by the unrestricted sale of the war weapons. You are filth, and unworthy of the name of Americans. How many slaughters does it take before we outlaw the NRA, and make it illegal to have such guns off your property without the same license as is required for a fully automatic Thompson .45.

Oh look an "American" who doesn't agree with the Constitution

I've not heard one person pushing for a total gun ban. Not one. Not even me.

Lib please, they are on video advocating for exactly that. Every time we turn around they are yapping about Europe or Australia gun laws. Never mind these restrictions and bans have ZERO effect on criminals or crazy people who have no intention of obeying the law. Gun control advocates know this, they don't care because their true goal is to ban gun ownership period.
Europe doesn't "ban" all guns, either. There is a difference. You people are panicking. The sky will fall if we take bumpstocks off the shelves. If we don't allow terrorists on the no-fly list to buy guns. When you can explain why these are in anyway eroding your rights, let me know.

I support taking bumpstocks off the shelves, I'm on record supporting this. Here's what you fail to grasp, gun control advocates have no intention of stopping there.
Possibly not. I don't have a crystal ball and I advocate banning AR-15's and their ilk, too. But how would banning bump stocks necessarily lead to anything else? That doesn't actually follow.

Conservatives warned of a slippery slope when the left wanted to legalize gay marriage and now we have TV shows about transgender teenagers, and drag queens reading stories in kindergarten classrooms about boys who like to wear dresses.
Thanks for answering. I was hoping for something on guns though.

Nope, that's just silly. There are police responding to calls here and there all the time.

But this event yesterday is the only one of its kind that we are interested in.

You are trying to elevate a lot of nothing stuff to that mass murder level so you can steal people's guns and make us all slaves of the state, victims to every criminal that comes along. And you mean to let a whole lot of them in the country illegally, too.

None of this plot of yours is going to work. We've figured it out. We're on our own against the criminals and terrorists and crazies that leftists protect, so we are going to stay armed.

It's just too obvious.

I know it must be a shocker but there is no need to arm these people with assault type rifles.

WE have crazy people that want to do stupid shit like shoot up a school.

Why do you want to give him a killing weapon?
Let's lock up the crazy people who say they want to do stupid shit like shoot up schools.

Problem solved. And we still are allowed to protect ourselves from crazy people who don't necessarily advertise. People like you.

No YOU have made schools a shooting gallery by not allowing teachers and administrators to arm themselves.

How many slaughters does it take before we outlaw the NRA,
Do you hear yourself? Do you even know why such a statement is concerning?

See why we don't trust the left on gun control? Many have no respect for rights.

:dunno:

Forum List

Back