Combined Thread: "Solutions" for mass shootings. Gun Control, Mental Health, School Security, etc

Please don't torture us with your absurd automobile strawman again. Forty years of that nonsense is enough
You may be tortured by truth but others are not...we have laws for buying guns...you must go through an FBI back round check... Cruz legally purchased his legal weapon after the FBI was given his name and his haunting you tube post...they let him slip through their fingers...they let the Vegas shooter buy hundreds of guns bump stocks and thousands of rounds of ammo in a three month period of time...until the FBI gets their shit together no new gun law will do anything to stop this...

I am absolutely amazed at the level of ignorance that is routinely display on this board about matters of law.

1. You do NOT have to go through a background check to buy a gun from somebody who is not a licensed dealer. For crying out loud, that is one of the laws we want to change!
2. It is not illegal to post anything on social media unless it is a threat to a specific person, or persons.
3. it is not illegal to stockpile thousands of rounds of ammo and/or bumpstocks.
4. the FBI can not do anything to anyone who is not in the process of breaking the law. In fact, if they DID try to do something about the guy in Vegas, they would have been breaking the law, themselves.

Having said the above, how can you or anyone else claim that the gun problem is due to failure to enforce existing laws. In neither Florida, nor Vegas, was any law broken before the first shot was fired.

Its up to the States, California, New York and other liberal cess pools have background checks for private sales. Currently 9 states do so

Also, there was a law broken before the shots. The shooter did not honor the gun free zone at the school

-Geaux

The failure isn't in gun laws.

The failure is on local law enforcement & FBI for not following up on a well known potential threat that had been reported numerous times. They should have taken some lessons from this story that happened just a day or two before. Thankfully our law enforcement did follow up and stop an even greater tragedy from happening.

Grandmother foils alleged school shooting plot in Washington state

We need a holistic solution to this problem. You can never stop a nut from killing people but maybe if all they could buy was 10 round clips then maybe instead of 17 people killed it would only be 10. That solution right there will save lives. No question about it. So why do Republicans insist on being able to have 20 round clips? Don't answer that. I know why. It's because they want the most powerful gun they can get their hands on. Well guess what? From now on the most powerful guy you can get only holds 10 rounds.

And if you have a 20 round clip, keep it. It used to be worth $1000 but now it's worth $2000 because they don't make them anymore. If I owned a 20 round clip and they stopped making them, I'd be happy. Just made my gun more valuable. But in 2 or 10 or 20 years, American citizens can only purchase 10 round clips.

Very simple.

Next, register every gun. No you can not buy a gun at a gun show. You can purchase it but it will be about a month before you can pick up your gun, from the police station.

Americans get to vote on this in November. Doesn't matter what you or I think. Lets see what the voters think.

Better yet.........have law enforcement do their jobs so that NOBODY is killed

That is another piece of the puzzle. This isn't something that one thing will solve. Add them all up and we will drastically lower the number incidences.

So just how would only having a 10 round clip stop something like this??? All he would do is to change out clips more often, it only takes seconds to change a clip.

Please don't torture us with your absurd automobile strawman again. Forty years of that nonsense is enough
You may be tortured by truth but others are not...we have laws for buying guns...you must go through an FBI back round check... Cruz legally purchased his legal weapon after the FBI was given his name and his haunting you tube post...they let him slip through their fingers...they let the Vegas shooter buy hundreds of guns bump stocks and thousands of rounds of ammo in a three month period of time...until the FBI gets their shit together no new gun law will do anything to stop this...

I am absolutely amazed at the level of ignorance that is routinely display on this board about matters of law.

1. You do NOT have to go through a background check to buy a gun from somebody who is not a licensed dealer. For crying out loud, that is one of the laws we want to change!
2. It is not illegal to post anything on social media unless it is a threat to a specific person, or persons.
3. it is not illegal to stockpile thousands of rounds of ammo and/or bumpstocks.
4. the FBI can not do anything to anyone who is not in the process of breaking the law. In fact, if they DID try to do something about the guy in Vegas, they would have been breaking the law, themselves.

Having said the above, how can you or anyone else claim that the gun problem is due to failure to enforce existing laws. In neither Florida, nor Vegas, was any law broken before the first shot was fired.
You do NOT have to go through a background check to buy a gun from somebody who is not a licensed dealer.
The gun used in the Florida School Shooting was legally obtained with a FBI background check, you say it is the FAULT of the FBI?
It is not illegal to post anything on social media unless it is a threat to a specific person, or persons.
we see where black panthers want to kill white children, gangsta rap wanting white people shot, so should they be held accountable for inciting violence to school children?
it is not illegal to stockpile thousands of rounds of ammo and/or bumpstocks.
I have over 5000 rounds of ammo, and not one of those has killed a human being.....yet....Don't tempt me, by trying to enter my house illegally and take what isn't yours...
In neither Florida, nor Vegas, was any law broken before the first shot was fired.
So allow the government to take our weapons away from US then rely on the government to take care of US. we haven't achieved the "Minority Report" as of yet.

you are such a stupid person...

Stupid.jpg

Its up to the States, California, New York and other liberal cess pools have background checks for private sales. Currently 9 states do so

Also, there was a law broken before the shots. The shooter did not honor the gun free zone at the school

-Geaux

Absolutely, so there really is no reason to ban guns of commercial aircraft, either.

View attachment 177116

Laura Loomer‏ @LauraLoomer 17m17 minutes ago
BREAKING: @FBI says “a person close to” the #FloridaShooter contacted FBI on JANUARY 5 OF THIS YEAR to report concerns that Cruz might conduct a school shooting. FBI said they did NOT follow proper protocol in investigating the threat. How did FBI screw up this bad????

Laura Loomer on Twitter

^^that^^

and the fact of the local cops having been to his house 39 times in the months before this. Everybody knew he was a disaster waiting to happen, and nobody did a damn thing to stop it.

-Geaux

Absolutely, so there really is no reason to ban guns of commercial aircraft, either.
I got lost in the translation

-Geaux

You do NOT have to go through a background check to buy a gun from somebody who is not a licensed dealer.
The gun used in the Florida School Shooting was legally obtained with a FBI background check, you say it is the FAULT of the FBI?
It is not illegal to post anything on social media unless it is a threat to a specific person, or persons.
we see where black panthers want to kill white children, gangsta rap wanting white people shot, so should they be held accountable for inciting violence to school children?
I have over 5000 rounds of ammo, and not one of those has killed a human being.....yet....Don't tempt me, by trying to enter my house illegally and take what isn't yours...
In neither Florida, nor Vegas, was any law broken before the first shot was fired.
So allow the government to take our weapons away from US then rely on the government to take care of US. we haven't achieved the "Minority Report" as of yet.

View attachment 177118

Anda, you have blood on your hands as if you had opened the door to the school for this kid. I know that you don't acknowledge, or even believe that. But you will only post your pro gun crap on an anonymous message board. If you were not part of the problem, you would not have any reservations about standing in front of these grieving parents and spouting your 2nd amendment crap.

upload_2018-2-16_11-27-36.png

So much information going on about this kid...................

-Geaux

I got lost in the translation

-Geaux
How convenient.

View attachment 177118

Anda, you have blood on your hands as if you had opened the door to the school for this kid. I know that you don't acknowledge, or even believe that. But you will only post your pro gun crap on an anonymous message board. If you were not part of the problem, you would not have any reservations about standing in front of these grieving parents and spouting your 2nd amendment crap.
No you have blood on your hand for voting for the 1/2 white faggot that incited violence to US citizens. You don't see me out there wanting to punish my enemies, .....yet, but keep it up and you might get lucky, punk.

Some of these guys can be terrorism by proxy, i.e. they just read up on something, decided it matched their nuttery, and followed through in its name. To me that isn't real terrorism, that's some nutter just looking for an excuse.

Not to nitpick, I generally agree with you, but seems to me the problem of availability of incitement materials is a problem. Take the Unabomber: he was wholly self-generated, apparently. Had his own manifesto from his own mind, made and mailed bombs for years. He thought he was a terrorist, but many of us would not agree: he was just a highly intelligent crazyhead loner.

But some of these crazies who are falling into schizophrenia as probably this kid Cruz was, get themselves targeted by ISIS and al Qaeda who are very happy to use them. If that's the case here, I'd sure like to see that shut down.
ANTIFA and the dems target and encourage the mentally ill.

The problem there is how do you prevent that? Easy to say, hard to do.

Lock the crazies and the criminals up.

The issue isn't guns. It's that criminals and crazies have managed to populate our streets with criminals and crazies, and have made it a CRIME to protect ourselves from them.

Either lock them up. or let's just start shooting them.
Criminals Are Incurable Enemies of Mankind

We don't need prisons, we need morgues.

The failure is on local law enforcement & FBI for not following up on a well known potential threat that had been reported numerous times. They should have taken some lessons from this story that happened just a day or two before. Thankfully our law enforcement did follow up and stop an even greater tragedy from happening.

We need a holistic solution to this problem. You can never stop a nut from killing people but maybe if all they could buy was 10 round clips then maybe instead of 17 people killed it would only be 10. That solution right there will save lives. No question about it. So why do Republicans insist on being able to have 20 round clips? Don't answer that. I know why. It's because they want the most powerful gun they can get their hands on. Well guess what? From now on the most powerful guy you can get only holds 10 rounds.

And if you have a 20 round clip, keep it. It used to be worth $1000 but now it's worth $2000 because they don't make them anymore. If I owned a 20 round clip and they stopped making them, I'd be happy. Just made my gun more valuable. But in 2 or 10 or 20 years, American citizens can only purchase 10 round clips.

Very simple.

Next, register every gun. No you can not buy a gun at a gun show. You can purchase it but it will be about a month before you can pick up your gun, from the police station.

Americans get to vote on this in November. Doesn't matter what you or I think. Lets see what the voters think.

That is another piece of the puzzle. This isn't something that one thing will solve. Add them all up and we will drastically lower the number incidences.

So just how would only having a 10 round clip stop something like this??? All he would do is to change out clips more often, it only takes seconds to change a clip.

Wow. Where to begin. Ok, no it does not take seconds to reload. Especially when you are nervous. You can't even imagine being the shooter no matter how many times you've played grand theft auto. Ever see the quick and the dead? Clint Eastwood said it wasn't the fastest shot that won most gun fights it's the calm shooter. Clint wasn't fast but he carefully killed everyone in the room while they all shit their pants and tried to shoot quick.

And in those seconds when you are reloading, a couple people might get away. Even if it saves one life per shooting, isn't that worth it?

Yesterday the students said "when we heard him reloading the teacher said run and we all got away". If he had a 100 round gun they wouldn't have had that chance.

You gun nuts have to stop being so stupid and stubborn. You don't see the difference between a 10 round clip and a 20? Then lets give you a 5 round clip. I'm sure you don't see the difference between a 5 and 20 round clip so I'm sure you will be completely happy with a 5 round clip. You just said it makes no difference to you.

Oh, so now you see the difference?

"If we ban guns they will just find another way."

Then let them find another way. Let them try to kill dozens in a matter of minutes with a goddamn butter knife. Let them hurl stones. Let's force mass murders to get creative as hell. Because I'm tired of it being easy for them.

I seriously doubt that a person killed or maimed with a rock, a club, or a chainsaw, would feel better because they were not shot with a gun. A child I went to school with was killed with a bow and arrow. Is that somehow a lesser tragedy than someone who was killed with a gun?

You should question your fascination with numbers. Dozens being killed is no more horrific than one being killed, and the timeline is immaterial. Victims suffer individually and not in groups. The same applies to the people that love them.

Each student and teacher died alone, just as tragically as the eight year old killed on her front porch by a stray bullet from gang bangers.

Very simple.

Wow. Where to begin. Ok, no it does not take seconds to reload. Especially when you are nervous. You can't even imagine being the shooter no matter how many times you've played grand theft auto. Ever see the quick and the dead? Clint Eastwood said it wasn't the fastest shot that won most gun fights it's the calm shooter. Clint wasn't fast but he carefully killed everyone in the room while they all shit their pants and tried to shoot quick.

And in those seconds when you are reloading, a couple people might get away. Even if it saves one life per shooting, isn't that worth it?

Yesterday the students said "when we heard him reloading the teacher said run and we all got away". If he had a 100 round gun they wouldn't have had that chance.

You gun nuts have to stop being so stupid and stubborn. You don't see the difference between a 10 round clip and a 20? Then lets give you a 5 round clip. I'm sure you don't see the difference between a 5 and 20 round clip so I'm sure you will be completely happy with a 5 round clip. You just said it makes no difference to you.

Oh, so now you see the difference?

Yeah I know the difference between 10 & 20 rounds possibly making some kind of difference in the number of victims BUT what you don't seem to understand is THIS COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED if law enforcement & FBI did their jobs, NOBODY would have been killed that day. Sounds like a better target to aim for than more pointless gun control.

I don't care how many changes, updates & more rules you put on gun ownership.......it's not going to stop the killing until the actual problems leading up to it are addressed. Otherwise you're only putting a bandaid over a deep festering sore that will never go away

Having breathlessly reported that Florida gunman Nikolas Cruz was a member of a white supremacist group, media outlets across the world failed to issue retractions when it emerged that this story was completely fake news.

The farce began when the Anti-Defamation League and Associated Press reported that a representative of the Republic of Florida Militia, a group that believes in a “white ethnostate,” told them that Cruz was a member of the organization.

However, it quickly emerged that the story had begun as a prank on the notorious 4chan messaging board after members had convinced another individual, Jordan Jereb, to falsely tell the media that Cruz was an “affiliate” of the white supremacist group.

This was then picked up by the ADL and the Associated Press and .................

Fake News: Lie About Florida Shooter Being Member of “White Supremacist” Group Not Retracted

Hey, if the KKK says he's a member what do you expect the media to do? The media didn't create the fake news the Klan did.

You should learn how the DEMOCRAT are the bastards who formed teh group KKK...... this is one small reason so many of you GU haters are fkn morons you know nothing and believe EVERYTHING you SHOULDN'T...
BIG PHARMA KILLS MORE PEPLE THAN THESE GUNS EVER HAVE..

ABORTIONS KILL MORE PPL THAN GUNS EVER HAVE, BUT YOU LEFTIST FKS ARE WILLING TO PULL THAT TRIGGER TO A BABY'S HEAD WHO CAN'F FEND FOR ITSELF......

SPEW THE BS TO AN IDIOT WHOSE DUMB ENOUGH TO BELIEVE IT. LOL . :abgg2q.jpg:
Why do white racists love to point out that the white racists used to be democrats? The fact is today you are the KKK and you are a republican. So do you realize this has completely changed over time?

In the 60's you would be a Democrat. Get it?

The racist Democrats of the sixties are still the racist Democrats of today. The lie that racist Democrats changed to Republicans is a farce on it's face. But, it does demonstrate just how easily some people can be duped when they hear what they want to hear. The Democrat party created that lie, and their pawns in the lame stream media pushed it. You should ask yourself why you believe something that doesn't really make sense.

Forum List

Back