Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’Perjury? McCabe too?

How about we post the complete quote:

Comey: “Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.
How about you post the quote with the question that puts the answer in context.

HIRONO: Yes. And so speaking of the independence of not just the judiciary but I'd like you to clarify the FBI's independence from the DOJ apparatus. Can the FBI conduct an investigation independent from the department of Justice. Or does the FBI have to disclose all it's investigations to the DOJ? And does it have to get the Attorney General's consent?

COMEY: Well we work with the Department of Justice, whether that's main justice or U.S. attorney's offices on all of our investigations.

And so we work with them and so in a legal sense we're not independent of the department of justice. We are spiritually, culturally pretty independent group and that's the way you would want tit. But yes, we work with the Department of Justice on all of our investigations.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

Again by all means, keep running with your laughably absurd theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS, see how that works out for you.

But not POTUS!

The AG works for the POTUS the DOJ is part of the Executive branch you dumb fuck.
That STILL does not make either POTUS. :asshole:

Your spin is so blatantly overt it's laughable keep running with your theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS, see how that works out for you.
So why wasn't St Ronnie punished for what Traitor North did???? North served out of the NSC office in the White House at the pleasure of the POTUS. In his book, Traitor North writes that "Ronald Reagan knew of and approved a great deal of what went on with both the Iranian initiative and private efforts on behalf of the contras and he received regular, detailed briefings on both."
North had immunity you dumb fuck.
Did St Ronnie? :asshole:

Comey: “Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.

HIRONO: Yes. And so speaking of the independence of not just the judiciary but I'd like you to clarify the FBI's independence from the DOJ apparatus. Can the FBI conduct an investigation independent from the department of Justice. Or does the FBI have to disclose all it's investigations to the DOJ? And does it have to get the Attorney General's consent?

COMEY: Well we work with the Department of Justice, whether that's main justice or U.S. attorney's offices on all of our investigations.

And so we work with them and so in a legal sense we're not independent of the department of justice. We are spiritually, culturally pretty independent group and that's the way you would want tit. But yes, we work with the Department of Justice on all of our investigations.

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.
Again by all means, keep running with your laughably absurd theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS, see how that works out for you.
You already said that North's crimes do not extend to the POTUS, see how that works out for you.

The AG works for the POTUS the DOJ is part of the Executive branch you dumb fuck.

Your spin is so blatantly overt it's laughable keep running with your theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS, see how that works out for you.
So why wasn't St Ronnie punished for what Traitor North did???? North served out of the NSC office in the White House at the pleasure of the POTUS. In his book, Traitor North writes that "Ronald Reagan knew of and approved a great deal of what went on with both the Iranian initiative and private efforts on behalf of the contras and he received regular, detailed briefings on both."

There is no evidence that Reagan did anything illegal.

You already said that North's crimes do not extend to the POTUS, see how that works out for you.

Lol, false analogy Reagan was Norths boss not the other way around, now if North said that he had been never been asked to do something illegal by the Sec Def or the DOD but failed to mention that the POTUS did he would be guilty of perjury, unless you are claiming that the Sec Def is CinC to go along with your claim that the AG is not an employee of the POTUS.

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Trump does not work for the Department of Justice, I don't care how brain-dead conservative you are. The highest ranking official in that department is the Attorney General, not Trump...

Aww that's a cute graphic, I have my own:

3196063_orig.gif
That chart works for me too..... Notice ... Trump is in the Red box, not the blue one...

1060ffk.png

The AG serves at the pleasure of the President, the Department of Justice is a "department" of the Executive branch which is headed by the POTUS you ignorant fuckwit.
LOLOL

You're such a dumbfuck conservative. The Department of Justice says the Attorney General, not the president, is the head of the Department of Justice....

But again keep running with the theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS, see how that works out for you.
Well if you're right, then Comey will be charged with perjury and we both know that ain't gonna happen.

And your whole bizarre line of reasoning is moot anyway since you can't prove Comey thought Trump's request amounted to obstruction at that time.

Comey stated flatly in the hearings that he was never asked to drop an investigation for an inappropriate or political purpose and stated what he thought would be an appropriate reason as well. Are you telling me with a straight face that former Assistant Attorney General, former FBI director, and career lawyer James Comey doesn't know what obstruction of justice is when he sees it? Ya let's see if he goes with that argument with Mueller.
He said he was never told that by anyone at the Department of Justice.

*** POOF ***

Your whole bizarre theory goes up in smoke.

giphy.gif

So? He was still talking about the Department of Justice.

So he wasn't under oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Aren't you regressives claiming Sessions committed perjury because he answered a question in the context in which it was asked? Hypocrite much?

I said nothing about Sessions' purported lying so your attempts to divert fail for me. And again, you have no proof Comey lied. He was asked a question regarding the Department of Justice and he answered the question about the Department of Justice.

That chart works for me too..... Notice ... Trump is in the Red box, not the blue one...

1060ffk.png

Aww you don't know how to read graphs, notice those littlen lines indicating attaching the POTUS to the DOJ indicating that it is a department within the Executive branch. The AG is an employee of the POTUS he serves at the pleasure and discretion of the POTUS you stupid ccunt. .
Oh so you're saying that the DOJ is not a department within the Executive branch and that the AG doesn't serve at the pleasure and discretion of the POTUS. Thanks for your input and your source which does not show that the AG is not employee of the POTUS in any way, shape, or form, I'll be sure to take that under advisement you stupid bitch.

Well if you're right, then Comey will be charged with perjury and we both know that ain't gonna happen.

Ah so you're one of those people who believes an anonymous Comey associate who supposedly saw this alleged memo and didn't even provide the memo itself to WaPo or NBC, over Comeys sworn testimony. Brilliant!

*** POOF ***

Imbecile, those lines indicate the president doesn't work at the Department of Justice. And I never said the Department of Justice does fall under the Executive branch. I posted a link to the Department of Justice's website where the Department itself says the head of their Department is the Attorney General, not the president. So why would anyone in their right mind believe a moron like you, who idiotically claims the president is the head of the Department of Justice, over the DoJ's position that he's not?

But not POTUS!

Reagan didn't.

So what? You keep saying the president is an extension of everyone who works under him. So by extension, Reagan is guilty of all the crimes said employees committed.

1060ffk.png

Aww you don't know how to read graphs, notice those littlen lines indicating attaching the POTUS to the DOJ indicating that it is a department within the Executive branch. The AG is an employee of the POTUS he serves at the pleasure and discretion of the POTUS you stupid ccunt. .
Oh so you're saying that the DOJ is not a department within the Executive branch and that the AG doesn't serve at the pleasure and discretion of the POTUS. Thanks for your input and your source which does not show that the AG is not employee of the POTUS in any way, shape, or form, I'll be sure to take that under advisement you stupid bitch.

Ah so you're one of those people who believes an anonymous Comey associate who supposedly saw this alleged memo and didn't even provide the memo itself to WaPo or NBC, over Comeys sworn testimony. Brilliant!

*** POOF ***

Imbecile, those lines indicate the president doesn't work at the Department of Justice. And I never said the Department of Justice does fall under the Executive branch. I posted a link to the Department of Justice's website where the Department itself says the head of their Department is the Attorney General, not the president. So why would anyone in their right mind believe a moron like you, who idiotically claims the president is the head of the Department of Justice, over the DoJ's position that he's not?

Those lines indicate that the DOJ is a department of the Executive branch of government, the AG works at the pleasure and discretion of the POTUS you stupid fuck. But once again continue with your laughably absurd theory that a question regarding the DOJ obstructing justice didn't extend to the POTUS, good luck with that.

So what? You keep saying the president is an extension of everyone who works under him. So by extension, Reagan is guilty of all the crimes said employees committed.

Reagan didn't.

Lol, false analogy Reagan was Norths boss not the other way around, now if North said that he had been never been asked to do something illegal by the Sec Def or the DOD but failed to mention that the POTUS did he would be guilty of perjury, unless you are claiming that the Sec Def is CinC to go along with your claim that the AG is not an employee of the POTUS.

1060ffk.png

*** POOF ***

Those lines indicate that the DOJ is a department of the Executive branch of government, the AG works at the pleasure and discretion of the POTUS you stupid fuck. But once again continue with your laughably absurd theory that a question regarding the DOJ obstructing justice didn't extend to the POTUS, good luck with that.
You remain as retarded as ever. No one is suggesting the DoJ isn't a department of the Executive branch. What's been pointed out repeatedly, but you're regrettably too conservative to comprehend, is that doesn't mean Trump works at the DoJ. And that was what Comey was asked about.

But I'm saying this to a moron who actually thinks the president is the head of the Department of Justice. :cuckoo:

Reagan didn't.

So what? Many of his employees did. You're the one promoting the idiocy that the president is an extension of every department.

If indeed he had, why did Comey never bring it forward? He is guilty there, if indeed he was pressured.

Reagan didn't.

So what? Many of his employees did. You're the one promoting the idiocy that the president is an extension of every department.

Now you're lying about what I said. A clear indication that you've surrendered the argument.

I never once said the Attorney General is not an employee of the president. I said that doesn't make the president a member of the Department of Justice.

1060ffk.png

*** POOF ***

You remain as retarded as ever. No one is suggesting the DoJ isn't a department of the Executive branch. What's been pointed out repeatedly, but you're regrettably too conservative to comprehend, is that doesn't mean Trump works at the DoJ. And that was what Comey was asked about.

But I'm saying this to a moron who actually thinks the president is the head of the Department of Justice. :cuckoo:

Trump doesn't work at the DOJ the DOJ works for him you dumb fuck, again by all means keep running with your laughably absurd theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS good luck with that.

Now you're lying about what I said. A clear indication that you've surrendered the argument.

I never once said the Attorney General is not an employee of the president. I said that doesn't make the president a member of the Department of Justice.

Your assertion that a question regarding the AG attempting to obstruct justice not extending to his boss is full on retarded.

Reagan didn't.

Lol, false analogy Reagan was Norths boss not the other way around, now if North said that he had been never been asked to do something illegal by the Sec Def or the DOD but failed to mention that the POTUS did he would be guilty of perjury.

Forum List

Back