Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’Perjury? McCabe too?

Both denied under oath that there had been any influence to stop the investigation into the Russian collusion investigation.

Comey:

“Not in my experience,” Comey responded. “Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose.”

“I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it,” Comey said.

“But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal.

“It’s not happened in my experience,” Comey said."

And McCabe...

If the Times’s report is true, including the implication that the President obstructed justice, then the President’s critics are in a double bind: Either
  1. McCabe committed perjury when he said “there has been no effort to impede” the investigation; OR
  2. McCabe did not consider the statements of the President to constitute an “effort to impeded” the investigation, which would mean no senior FBI officials viewed the President’s statements as an attempt to obstruct justice."
:lol:

Oh this is getting better by the minute. Thanks the NYT. You just screwed them over.

:lmao:

NYT’s Comey Memo Story Doesn’t Pass The Smell Test

Comey Under Oath: 'Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations' - Breitbart
daily caller and breitbart? :eusa_eh: thats like me referencing huffpo :rofl: put down the rw kool aid :booze: tinydancer
dude, are you saying those two didn't say those things? come on man, let's hear ya.

So he wasn't under oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Aren't you regressives claiming Sessions committed perjury because he answered a question in the context in which it was asked? Hypocrite much?

I said nothing about Sessions' purported lying so your attempts to divert fail for me. And again, you have no proof Comey lied. He was asked a question regarding the Department of Justice and he answered the question about the Department of Justice.

Actually I think you're lying, but here's the exchange.

Franken: Okay. CNN has just published a story, and I’m telling you this about a news story that’s just been published. I’m not expecting you to know whether or not it’s true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that, quote, “Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say, quote, “There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump’s surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Now, again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

Read more at: The Perjury Allegation against Jeff Sessions Is Meritless

Another link: Al Franken accuses Jeff Sessions of committing perjury

Well then you're a cretin. Rather than call me a liar, you could have searched the forum for 'sessions perjury' with my name and you could easily have seen I spoke the truth. Takes about 10 seconds.

Search Results for Query: Sessions perjury | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Oh, and your second attempt to deflect fails as bad as your first. This thread is still about the idiocy that Comey perjured himself because rightards are simply too stupid to comprehend English; to understand the question to Comey was framed around folks who work at the Department of Justice -- which Trump doesn't.

If you didn't join the regressive pile on on Sessions, you're the exception and have my apologies. That would not negate Comey's obligation to report an obstruction attempt.

Apology accepted, thanks, that's appreciated.

As far as Comey, it's only required if he thought Trump's request was obstruction.

Exactly, which we must assume he didn't since there was no report. Yet you have commiecrats screaming for impeachment on obstruction charges, go figure.

Both denied under oath that there had been any influence to stop the investigation into the Russian collusion investigation.

Comey:

“Not in my experience,” Comey responded. “Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose.”

“I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there, and so you ought to stop investing resources in it,” Comey said.

“But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal.

“It’s not happened in my experience,” Comey said."

And McCabe...

If the Times’s report is true, including the implication that the President obstructed justice, then the President’s critics are in a double bind: Either
  1. McCabe committed perjury when he said “there has been no effort to impede” the investigation; OR
  2. McCabe did not consider the statements of the President to constitute an “effort to impeded” the investigation, which would mean no senior FBI officials viewed the President’s statements as an attempt to obstruct justice."

Oh this is getting better by the minute. Thanks the NYT. You just screwed them over.

:lmao:

NYT’s Comey Memo Story Doesn’t Pass The Smell Test

Comey Under Oath: 'Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations' - Breitbart
daily caller and breitbart? :eusa_eh: thats like me referencing huffpo :rofl: put down the rw kool aid :booze: tinydancer

Oh freaking good grief. The source of the article doesn't matter. It's Comey's and McCabes own testimony that counts.

And their testimony is on record. New York Times who hasn't even seen or read the so called memo they've been touting as proof as "obstruction of justice" just screwed both men over royally.
The testimony clearly relieves Trump of any perceived wrongdoing. Comey did not perceive what trump said as any type of a threat. Now if Comey is conveniently saying he now believes it was a threat, what else happened that made him believe it was? Trump firing Comey was for malfeasance and overstepping his authority.

Comey now looks like a well paid partisan hack throwing a tantrum.

Wrong. Comey didn't perceive the request as interference in the investigation because it was framed as a request at the time.

Trump has stated that he fired Comey because of the "Russia thing". The request to shut down the Flynn Investigation, is followed by Trump firing Comey. The request wasn't obstruction of justice, but firing Comey because of the "Russia thing" is clearly obstruction and the initial request becomes proof of intent.
and you see that big piece of property over there to no where? I have a bridge that will fit on it.

I said nothing about Sessions' purported lying so your attempts to divert fail for me. And again, you have no proof Comey lied. He was asked a question regarding the Department of Justice and he answered the question about the Department of Justice.

Franken: Okay. CNN has just published a story, and I’m telling you this about a news story that’s just been published. I’m not expecting you to know whether or not it’s true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that, quote, “Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say, quote, “There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump’s surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Now, again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

Well then you're a cretin. Rather than call me a liar, you could have searched the forum for 'sessions perjury' with my name and you could easily have seen I spoke the truth. Takes about 10 seconds.

Search Results for Query: Sessions perjury | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Oh, and your second attempt to deflect fails as bad as your first. This thread is still about the idiocy that Comey perjured himself because rightards are simply too stupid to comprehend English; to understand the question to Comey was framed around folks who work at the Department of Justice -- which Trump doesn't.

If you didn't join the regressive pile on on Sessions, you're the exception and have my apologies. That would not negate Comey's obligation to report an obstruction attempt.

As far as Comey, it's only required if he thought Trump's request was obstruction.

Exactly, which we must assume he didn't since there was no report. Yet you have commiecrats screaming for impeachment on obstruction charges, go figure.

they all have tourette syndrome

upload_2017-5-19_13-44-19.png

Because since that meeting with Comey.... Trump fired him. Now it's clear Trump was trying to obstruct the investigation even though it was clear at first.

Because since that meeting with Comey.... Trump fired him. Now it's clear Trump was trying to obstruct the investigation even though it was clear at first.

More assumptions, you don't know when Trump made the decision to fire Comey. He had the constitutional authority to do so. And just so you know, he has the constitutional authority to end the investigation if he choses to do it. There is no law that would prevent it, it's within his discretion. If you recall, he wasn't very happy with Comey during the campaign, come to think of it, neither were you regressives.

More assumptions, you don't know when Trump made the decision to fire Comey. He had the constitutional authority to do so. And just so you know, he has the constitutional authority to end the investigation if he choses to do it. There is no law that would prevent it, it's within his discretion. If you recall, he wasn't very happy with Comey during the campaign, come to think of it, neither were you regressives.

LOL

So? Just like Nixon had the constitutional right to order his Attorney General to fire Cox.

How'd exercising his constitutional rights work out for Nixon?

As usual our republican comrades who hate the United States are busy sucking Putins cock while trying to discredit a true patriot James Comey.

Your spin is so blatantly overt it's laughable keep running with your theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS, see how that works out for you.
So why wasn't St Ronnie punished for what Traitor North did???? North served out of the NSC office in the White House at the pleasure of the POTUS. In his book, Traitor North writes that "Ronald Reagan knew of and approved a great deal of what went on with both the Iranian initiative and private efforts on behalf of the contras and he received regular, detailed briefings on both."
North had immunity you dumb fuck.
Did St Ronnie? :asshole:

There is no evidence that Reagan did anything illegal.
But North serves at the pleasure of the POTUS and the stupid argument of the Right has been that that makes them equally guilty or innocent.
Get it?

Lol, false analogy Reagan was Norths boss not the other way around, now if North said that he had been never been asked to do something illegal by the Sec Def or the DOD but failed to mention that the POTUS did he would be guilty of perjury, unless you are claiming that the Sec Def is CinC to go along with your claim that the AG is not an employee of the POTUS.

Those lines indicate that the DOJ is a department of the Executive branch of government, the AG works at the pleasure and discretion of the POTUS you stupid fuck.
And North worked at the NSC, also part of the executive branch and also at the pleasure of POTUS.

Irrelevant false analogy Reagan was Norths boss not the other way around, now if North said that he had been never been asked to do something illegal by the Sec Def or the DOD but failed to mention that the POTUS did he would be guilty of perjury, unless you are claiming that the Sec Def is CinC to go along with your claim that the AG is not an employee of the POTUS.

Actually, according to North in his book, there is!

In his book, Traitor North writes that "Ronald Reagan knew of and approved a great deal of what went on with both the Iranian initiative and private efforts on behalf of the contras and he received regular, detailed briefings on both. I have no doubt that he was told about the use of residuals for the contras, and that he approved it. Enthusiastically." Videotaped Deposition

North did not say Reagan did anything illegal you lying sack of shit.

Your assertion that a question regarding the AG attempting to obstruct justice not extending to his boss is full on retarded.
Then it is just as retarded as your claim North's actions did NOT extend to his boss.

Irrelevant false analogy Reagan was Norths boss not the other way around, now if North said that he had been never been asked to do something illegal by the Sec Def or the DOD but failed to mention that the POTUS did he would be guilty of perjury, unless you are claiming that the Sec Def is CinC to go along with your claim that the AG is not an employee of the POTUS.

Trump doesn't work at the DOJ the DOJ works for him you dumb fuck
Reagan doesn't work at the NSC, the NSC works for him :asshole:. That knife cuts both ways.

Aren't you regressives claiming Sessions committed perjury because he answered a question in the context in which it was asked? Hypocrite much?
Except Sessions answered a question he asked himself! Franken asked Sessions a hypothetical: What would he do if he learned that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government during the campaign?

"I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."
Jefferson Beauregard Sessions

Sessions talked to the Russian ambassador in his capacity as a member of the armed services committee not as a Trump surrogate you stupid fake news peddling faggot.

So why wasn't St Ronnie punished for what Traitor North did???? North served out of the NSC office in the White House at the pleasure of the POTUS. In his book, Traitor North writes that "Ronald Reagan knew of and approved a great deal of what went on with both the Iranian initiative and private efforts on behalf of the contras and he received regular, detailed briefings on both."

But North serves at the pleasure of the POTUS and the stupid argument of the Right has been that that makes them equally guilty or innocent.
Get it?

Lol, false analogy Reagan was Norths boss not the other way around, now if North said that he had been never been asked to do something illegal by the Sec Def or the DOD but failed to mention that the POTUS did he would be guilty of perjury, unless you are claiming that the Sec Def is CinC to go along with your claim that the AG is not an employee of the POTUS.
Nice strawman but this isn't about the president being anyone's boss. Comey was asked if any "senior officials AT the Department of Justice" had asked for an investigation to be halted.

And just because you're too ignorant to comprehend that Trump does not work AT the Department of Justice, doesn't mean anyone else is bound by your ignorance.

Get it?

Nice strawman but this isn't about the president being anyone's boss. Comey was asked if any "senior officials AT the Department of Justice" had asked for an investigation to be halted.

And just because you're too ignorant to comprehend that Trump does not work AT the Department of Justice, doesn't mean anyone else is bound by your ignorance.

Again by all means run with your laughably absurd theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS, good luck with that you dumb fuck.

Get it?

Again by all means run with your laughably absurd theory that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS, good luck with that you dumb fuck.
LOLOL

Spits the abject imbecile who thinks Trump works AT the Department of Justice.

1233796371590.gif

Get it?

LOLOL

Spits the abject imbecile who thinks Trump works AT the Department of Justice.

1233796371590.gif

The DOJ works for Trump you stupid ****, if you think that a question regarding the DOJ attempting to obstruct justice doesn't extend to the POTUS then you are fucking retarded.

Forum List

Back