Committee Votes To Release Trumps' Taxes 24-16. Tell Me Why ThisI isn't Partisan Bullsh#T

Says you, citing you. And you're nobody.

Neither the Rules of the House of Representatives, nor the Ways and Means Committee nor the appellant court recognize any limitation on the committee's authority tor release evidence taken in executive session if the executive session is 'closed' or not.

You imagined it. And your imagination has no legal relevance.
Wait, so the rules of the House don't recognize any limits on itself? Lol, well of course they don't!

The appellate court? They dont get to make that distinction, when it's in the law.

These laws are all written very specifically, using specific legal jargon to be very specific about specific things. They are wordy for a reason, to be consistent. If you have have one law that specifies "closed executive session", it's worded that way for a reason, if you have a rule that specifies "executive session", it also is worded that way for a reason. If they meant to include both types of sessions, they would have removed ambiguity by including both wordings into the rule.

Please show us where it says that the rule you listed can include either type if session?

The Ways and Means Committee in particular has a responsibility to conduct oversight of our Federal tax system and determine how Americans – including those elected to our highest office – are complying with those laws. It is the duty of the congress to evaluate the operation of the Internal Revenue Service in its administration and enforcement of the tax laws.

Trump had been refusing to release his returns based on the fact the IRS was auditing them. Well guess what, the IRS was not auditing his returns as they should have been. Did the IRS screwup or was pressure put on IRS to delay auditing. By releasing the returns republicans in January will not be able to stop the investigation as they surely would.
Yep. Found that out since the vote. The head of IRS was appointed by Trump and from what I heard, he is the only president since Nixon, where it was not done as automatic. I have no problem with Ways and Means accessing the information, as like you said, it is their job to do oversite over the tax system, but that does not mean the full congress needed full access and certainly not the public, by what was publicly known at the time before the committee met, examine and voted, but the info release already, justitfies much deeper investigation and warrants a DOJ referral, already. So the release gives cover to make sure congress and the American people are aware, that it is beyond a partisan witch hunt, the moment real malfesance is found, and we are there.

The idiots that voted for him should have known from his history deals and leaving investors and contractors high and dry, that he was withholding release of his taxes to avoid people finding out more clues as to how he does business, and not voted for him. He was never required to, so he was just covering up by not releasing and the trump supporters were just too dumb to realize it, or simply didn't care.
Somebody is driving the talking points of how what's known about Trump and his business, weren't disqualifying. That he didn't cheat on his taxes, but instead was a clever businessman who took advantage of tax loopholes.

Yep. Found that out since the vote. The head of IRS was appointed by Trump and from what I heard, he is the only president since Nixon, where it was not done as automatic. I have no problem with Ways and Means accessing the information, as like you said, it is their job to do oversite over the tax system, but that does not mean the full congress needed full access and certainly not the public, by what was publicly known at the time before the committee met, examine and voted, but the info release already, justitfies much deeper investigation and warrants a DOJ referral, already. So the release gives cover to make sure congress and the American people are aware, that it is beyond a partisan witch hunt, the moment real malfesance is found, and we are there.
The public should know. Every president has released their taxes to the public. Except one.

Wait, so the rules of the House don't recognize any limits on itself? Lol, well of course they don't!

Not the Rules of the House of Representatives, not the Ways and Means Committee. Not the appellant court. Nor the Supreme Court, which affirmed the appellant court ruling unanimously.

Your source for your imaginary limitation of congressional authority is just you....citing yourself.

And you're nobody.

Is this genuinely it? Just you impotently insisting that your imagination trumps congress and the judiciary? If so, that was easy.

I'm ambivalent on the release to the public. I don't see the point. But the Ways and Means Committee need not consult me when coming to its own decision.

People seem to forget that a few weeks ago a Manhattan jury has found two Trump Organization companies guilty on multiple charges of criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records earlier this month on all 17 counts by the state supreme court in Manhattan. The Trump organization that is the family real estate business.

I'm ambivalent on the release to the public. I don't see the point. But the Ways and Means Committee need not consult me when coming to its own decision.
When I heard and watched the vote live on at least 3 networks, I was certain it was partisan BS for that committee to even release to the entire house of representatives, much less the public and thought it, the only reason. With what public information statements from that committee that have come out since, it may not have been solely partisan BS.

About being relevant, fool.
How you ever gonna do that when you can’t even remember what you post?

Relevant to what ... I understood what you wrote ... But without any context what you wrote means nothing.
Feel free to explain yourself ... If there is actually something you have worth saying.

When I heard and watched the vote live on at least 3 networks, I was certain it was partisan BS for that committee to even release to the entire house of representatives, much less the public and thought it, the only reason. With what public information statements from that committee that have come out since, it may not have been solely partisan BS.

I dunno. My study was mostly the legality of it.

Again, there is no limitation recognized by congress or the courts in the committee's authority to release data based on your assertions of 'closed' vs. non-closed executive sessions.

You've invented a limitation that doesn't exist on the committee's authority, citing yourself.

And you're irrelevant.

Is this really it? Just you making up limitations to congressional authority that neither congress nor the courts recognize pulled sideways out of your ass?

If so, this just got boring fast.
Show me where it says they have no limitation?

You say I'm imagining it, when I've given you sound reasoning every time. Your argument is just "congress can just ignore the distinction"...

The law is written specifically to include closed session, your rule just specifies executive session.

Here...I'll lay it out for you:

From congresses own website: (it's from the Senate, but should be the same. The house glossary list isn't very comprehensive)

closed session – A meeting of the House or Senate from which the public and press are excluded. Used for deliberations during impeachment trials or to discuss issues of national security, confidential information, or sensitive communications from the president. Also referred to as a secret session

SECRET SESSION...

executive session – Any time during the Senate's daily session when it considers executive business.

executive business – The consideration of nominations and treaties, so called because they are received from the president rather than introduced by senators.

So, an executive session is dealing with normal business from the president, a closed session is dealing with issues requiring secrecy, so a closed executive session would be? Also dealing with issues requiring secrecy. Even the congressional website made the distinction between the two...so no, I didn't make it up and I'm not citing myself.

I've given you plenty of explanation and sourcing..

Please stay medicated.

Relevant to what ... I understood what you wrote ... But without any context what you wrote means nothing.
Feel free to explain yourself ... If there is actually something you have worth saying.

I can only point. I am not able to narrate your madness.

Forum List

Back