Committee Votes To Release Trumps' Taxes 24-16. Tell Me Why ThisI isn't Partisan Bullsh#T

Well you'd better learn how to read, fuckwad.
Consent is simply volunteering to wave your rights under that statute.
It doesn't have to be written in the statute itself.

I certainly learned to read the US Appellant Court ruling against Trump, citing 6103(f)(1)....empowering the Ways and Means Committee to gain access to those documents.

"As a general rule, Title 26, Section 6103 of the United States Code makes tax returns and return information confidential unless their release is authorized by an exception enumerated in that same section. 26 U.S.C. § 6103(a). Section 6103 includes a number of exceptions to the general rule of confidentiality but only one is at issue here. Section 6103(f)(1) provides that

pon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives . . . the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request . . . .

26 U.S.C. § 6103(f)(1). At bottom, this case simmers down to the constitutionality and application of § 6103(f)(1)."

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. So tell us again, why would anyone be punished for releasing public documents to the public?

Trump promised to release his taxes as soon as the IRS audits are over

Well, they are over
Do you really want to play the campaign promise game with that dud Biden in office? A lifetime of broken promises, racist statements, plagiarism, and flat out lies. This will be fun.

All Federal office holders, judges, and cabinet members should have their, and their spouses tax returns released every year as a matter of course.

Do you really want to play the campaign promise game with that dud Biden in office? A lifetime of broken promises, racist statements, plagiarism, and flat out lies. This will be fun.
And yet Biden released his tax returns, exactly as he promised.

Trump lied, insisting he would release them. Then breaking his word.

Trump absolutely had due process. The 3 judge appellant panel ruling against him, the full appellant court upholding the 3 judge panel and the Supreme Court that let the full appellant court ruling stand were all due process.

Trump just lost in court. Losing doesn't mean you didn't have due process. Losing means you had a shit legal argument.

And of course, the Appealant Court obliterated your entire 'violation of the law' pseudo-legal gibberish, rightly citing the ACTUAL statutes that authorized the release of the tax returns. Section 6103(f)(1).

"As a general rule, Title 26, Section 6103 of the United States Code makes tax returns and return information confidential unless their release is authorized by an exception enumerated in that same section. 26 U.S.C. § 6103(a). Section 6103 includes a number of exceptions to the general rule of confidentiality but only one is at issue here. Section 6103(f)(1) provides that

pon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives . . . the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request . . . .

26 U.S.C. § 6103(f)(1). At bottom, this case simmers down to the constitutionality and application of § 6103(f)(1)."

Remember.....you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. It tends to limit your legal arguments.
There's nothing here that says they can release this to the public.

The information they get from the returns has to remain private.
Unless he signs a release form...they can't legally release his returns to the public.

(c) Disclosure of returns and return information to designee of taxpayer
The Secretary may, subject to such requirements and conditions as he may prescribe by regulations, disclose the return of any taxpayer, or return information with respect to such taxpayer, to such person or persons as the taxpayer may designate in a request for or consent to such disclosure, or to any other person at the taxpayer’s request to the extent necessary to comply with a request for information or assistance made by the taxpayer to such other person. However, return information shall not be disclosed to such person or persons if the Secretary determines that such disclosure would seriously impair Federal tax administration. Persons designated by the taxpayer under this subsection to receive return information shall not use the information for any purpose other than the express purpose for which consent was granted and shall not disclose return information to any other person without the express permission of, or request by, the taxpayer.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cnm

Unless he signs a release form...they can't legally release his returns the public.

Laughing.....says the fella that insisted that ONLY Trump could authorize the release of his tax documents. And that Trump had no due process, despite court ruling after court ruling contradicting you on both counts.

You don't know what you're talking about.

There's exactly NOTHING that prevents the Ways and Means committee from releasing non-classified records in their possession. If you believe there is, show us in the law.

If I were Trump, I would have fought giving my taxes to anyone as well.

Why?

Cuz you know they will use it like they do everything else to destroy him.

But it is not to bring you to justice. No, no, no, it is just to destroy you every day of your life by smearing you in the DNC controlled media

If I were Trump, I would look into the camera and say, "If my taxes are a problem, then the IRS is not doing it's job cuz I have yet to hear any complaints from them and I'm still a free man."
I think he sucks and don't actually care if he is destroyed, but they could pretend to go about it right.
I always thought, first you had the charges, then the trial, then you made the evidence used to convict, made public at trial. Not the other way around.

I think he sucks and don't actually care if he is destroyed, but they could pretend to go about it right.
I always thought, first you had the charges, then the trial, then you made the evidence used to convict, made public at trial. Not the other way around.

So when the congressional investigations made public records associated with Benghazi....despite no convictions or charges of anyone in our government, you were outraged, yes?

They did it backward per your reasoning.

We're all looking for the fainting couch on that one.
The Secretary may, subject to such requirements and conditions as he may prescribe by regulations, disclose the return of any taxpayer, or return information with respect to such taxpayer, to such person or persons as the taxpayer may designate in a request for or consent to such disclosure, or to any other person at the taxpayer’s request to the extent necessary to comply with a request for information or assistance made by the taxpayer to such other person. However, return information shall not be disclosed to such person or persons if the Secretary determines that such disclosure would seriously impair Federal tax administration. Persons designated by the taxpayer under this subsection to receive return information shall not use the information for any purpose other than the express purpose for which consent was granted and shall not disclose return information to any other person without the express permission of, or request by, the taxpayer.

So when the congressional investigations made public records associated with Benghazi....despite no convictions or charges of anyone in our government, you were outraged, yes?

They did it backward per your reasoning.
We are talking personal data here. My taxes are between me, my wife, sometime an accountant I paid and the IRS, if I didn't choose to pass them around and I never did. How 'bout you?

Unless he signs a release form...they can't legally release his returns to the public.

Again, § 6103(a). Section 6103 includes a number of exceptions to the general rule of confidentiality. Trump's authorization wasn't required for any of these exceptions.

The statutes you've cited are limited to those that were authorized by the taxpaper under the subsection to received tax return information. Congress wasn't one authorized by Trump to access those documents, and thus weren't under any of the restrictions listed in that subsection for those who were authorized by the taxpaper.

Nor do any of the statutes you've cited in any way restrict the actions of those who have gained access to said records by way of the exceptions in § 6103(a).

Which Congress did.

Try again. This time reading for comprehension.

Laughing.....says the fella that insisted that ONLY Trump could authorize the release of his tax documents. And that Trump had no due process, despite court ruling after court ruling contradicting you on both counts.

You don't know what you're talking about.

There's exactly NOTHING that prevents the Ways and Means committee from releasing non-classified records in their possession. If you believe there is, show us in the law.
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

Again, § 6103(a). Section 6103 includes a number of exceptions to the general rule of confidentiality. Trump's authorization wasn't required for any of these exceptions.

The statutes you've cited are limited to those that were authorized by the taxpaper under the subsection to received tax return information. Congress wasn't one authorized by Trump to access those documents, and thus weren't under any of the restrictions listed in that subsection for those who were authorized by the taxpaper.

Nor do any of the statutes you've cited in any way restrict the actions of those who have gained access to said records by way of the exceptions in § 6103(a).

Which Congress did.

Try again. This time reading for comprehension.
You're confused. Congress has the right to look at them. They just don't have the right to publish them or use them for anything other than an investigation.
That's called identity theft.

Tax breaks. Trump has been the most audited person in country by the IRS. If there was some discrepancy, don't you think the IRS would have been on it? He would have already been sued for back taxes, and it would have been all over the news.
Yeah well it looks like he caught a break while being president. He was suppose to be audited annually as the president. Previous president were audited annually while they were president. Trump had only one audit in 2016 that was not even completed according to the investigation. 2 of his business were suppose to be audited but were not Things that make you go hmmmmm.

IRS failed to do their job under the Trump administration. Sounds like an investigation needs to be done

CNBC reports that the investigation found that when Trump was in the White House, the IRS failed to designate for mandatory audit Trump’s tax return for 2015, when he was running for president, and then again for the returns filed for the 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 tax years.

So according to the investigation he really is not the most audited person

Forum List

Back