Common Sense versus Complete Stupidity

gettingold

Jun 2, 2010
louisiana
During the administration of President George W Bush, Mary Peters, transportation secretary, dismissed biking paths and trails as projects that "really are not transportation," saying they had no place in federal transportation policy.

There is an example of common sense.

In March, Mr Obama's transportation secretary, Ray LaHood, announced a policy change that gives biking and walking projects the same importance as automobiles in transportation planning and the selection of projects for federal money.

The Obama administration more than doubled spending on cycling and walking initiatives to $1.2 billion

there is the example of complete stupidity. Does the insane person in the oval office have any idea where the economy is ? and he wants to spend 1.2 billion on bicycle and walking?

then has the balls to ask for more unemployment benefits, etc?

I start every day smiling and end every day laughing out loud

in between I throw up in my mouth every time I hear his name

every morning I go to my computer, open a program titled obama.
I send it to the recycle bin, hit the empty button, and the computer always
asks me if I am sure I want to permanently delete this program. I emphatically
click YES and it makes my day start right.

at night- when the oval office idiots news has beaten america down all day and I might
be feeling sorry for myself, as I crawl under the covers

I pause- I close my eyes- I picture a man somewhere crawling under his covers
and his name is Mr. Pelosi

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
In March, Mr Obama's transportation secretary, Ray LaHood, announced a policy change that gives biking and walking projects the same importance as automobiles in transportation planning and the selection of projects for federal money.

The Obama administration more than doubled spending on cycling and walking initiatives to $1.2 billion

there is the example of complete stupidity. Does the insane person in the oval office have any idea where the economy is ? and he wants to spend 1.2 billion on bicycle and walking?
Not only that...How many people who walk and ride bicycles pay the fuel taxes that are being siphoned off to pay for these do-good-feel-good programs?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Sorry to break the bad news to ya, bub...but if you have a program that appears on your computer every morning after you sent it to the recycle bin the day before...it sounds like you have a computer virus.

You need help.

Sorry to break the bad news to ya, bub...but if you have a program that appears on your computer every morning after you sent it to the recycle bin the day before...it sounds like you have a computer virus.

You need help.

you reading crooked? I said nothing about the morning after

and you think I need help:clap2:

Not only that...How many people who walk and ride bicycles pay the fuel taxes that are being siphoned off to pay for these do-good-feel-good programs?

ssshhhh! I don't think you are supposed to ask questions about those kind of things

The gas taxes don't begin to cover the expenses imposed by the car.

cars are all negative externatilites.

Bikes have huge positive externalities.

But bike riders are, by in large, self centered jerks.

The above posters are idiot shallow non thinkers. I own two bikes and I hate em both. I love drivin my caddy. That said bike lanes are intelligent..they save fortunes in the cost of accidents. They promote healthy living which saves fortunes in health care costs. In short they make financial sense. They promote transit riding..most busses have bike racks on them. That alone probably adds enough local buss rider income to justify the expense of painting a few stripes.

Bikes are smart..the above contributors are ignorant assholes.

I prefer biking. true

But cars emit huge amounts of fumes, and each car, going at ordinary speed, requires 432 sq' of asphalt space when using a road. (width of the car + the safe driving distance.) Cars just impose costs all over the place.

That said, they are nice, dry, quick, can cover huge distances, can do hills, etc etc.

During the administration of President George W Bush, Mary Peters, transportation secretary, dismissed biking paths and trails as projects that "really are not transportation," saying they had no place in federal transportation policy.

at night- when the oval office idiots news has beaten america down all day and I might

Its infrastructure, it creates jobs. Simple as that.

Wouldn't your argument preclude the existence of the Democratic Party?:eusa_whistle:

You need help.

Obama is a virus? That explains a lot. Some people, like me, must have a natural immunity, some people get better in time, which means you still have hope, and some people never get over it. I hope he isn't fatal, but I think he is.

It is interstate commerce. How else do people take vacations?

The gas taxes don't begin to cover the expenses imposed by the car.

cars are all negative externatilites.

Bikes have huge positive externalities.

But bike riders are, by in large, self centered jerks.

As a person who actually rides a bike, I would have to agree with you about that.

Its infrastructure, it creates jobs. Simple as that.

And just how many private sector jobs has Obama created?

Forum List

Back