Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Government tell you how much insulation you must have, the number of electric outlets, type of pipes and wiring you must use, depth of a cellar, the height of a roof, the size of the house on a lot, etc.... State housing laws and local building codes are about what is best for the community, not the owner. Owners change but the buildings remains.
Why should the community dictate what kind of house you live in? For example, those tiny houses that are all the rage violate most zoning laws.
...Renewable energy’s are inconsistent/unreliable and expensive at best. Fact

I think it's smart governing.

Solar panels pay for themselfs in cheaper electrical bills and if you roll up-front cost into mortgage you'll probably not be paying more than for the same house without solar.

8kW (kilowatt) solar systems typically sell in the US (as at March 2017) for between $2.95 and $3.50 per watt meaning a cost of between $23,600 and $28,000 before the 30% solar tax credit.

After the 30% solar tax credit this equates to a range of $16,520 to $19,600.

However, the price varies by state and also depending on whether the system is purchased for cash or whether the system is financed. Most solar financing offers have an origination fee of 10-12% and so systems that are financed are usually 10-15% more expensive.

8kW solar power system | How much they cost, produce and roofspace requirements

Solar panels pay for themselfs in cheaper electrical bills and if you roll up-front cost into mortgage you'll probably not be paying more than for the same house without solar.
So once you get an entire city off grid who pays for the streetlights and such? Does the entire grid die off?

Thats not how it works...at least untill energy storage technology steps it up.

You remain on the grid, feeding into the grid your excessive electricity, or drawing it when you produce less than your consumption.

I have oil heat . There’s a bunch of safety regs when it comes to holding tanks . Lots of older homes are grandfathered , but if u sell you have to update. .
That’s a local issue...
renewable energy is an unreliable, expensive thing - why should you force anybody into it. You need to quit falling down the well

In your opinion, There is no guarantee. No one should be forced into horse shit...

8kW (kilowatt) solar systems typically sell in the US (as at March 2017) for between $2.95 and $3.50 per watt meaning a cost of between $23,600 and $28,000 before the 30% solar tax credit.

However, the price varies by state and also depending on whether the system is purchased for cash or whether the system is financed. Most solar financing offers have an origination fee of 10-12% and so systems that are financed are usually 10-15% more expensive.

Thats exactly the point, by requiring it on a new house the financing gets rolled into low origination, low interest mortgage financing

So this includes multi family units. The ones poor people need. That will now cost more. And who’s going to keep the street lights working once everyone is off grid? I see a new tax coming.

I remember a few years back when they were talking about government forcing cars to have government GPS systems in them so they could keep track of your milage for tax purposes. When people went to electric cars, they stopped paying gasoline road taxes. So Cali wanted to track everywhere every citizen went and send them a bill. I don't know if they actually went through with that or not.

Thats exactly the point, by requiring it on a new house the financing gets rolled into low origination, low interest mortgage financing
And forcing people into it helps who?

In your opinion, There is no guarantee. No one should be forced into horse shit...

Solar output is very stable on annual basis.

And forcing people into helps who?

People.

Fine, then let people decide for themselves if they want it--not government.

Thats exactly the point, by requiring it on the new house the cost gets rolled into low origination, low interest mortgage financing

Look at the cost of a kilowatt...

Also:

Depending on the exact efficiency of the solar panel being used each 1 kw of DC peak solar capacity requires around 66 square feet of roof space meaning a a 8kW solar system will require approximately 528 square feet of roof space.

I guess that depends on where you live and what you use. My monthly electric bill is around 50 bucks a month. That's 600 bucks a year. Do you know how long it would take me just to break even on solar panels? And once you break even, how much more would you need to invest for replacement panels when those break down?

It is such a great deal to use solar that it takes a 30% tax credit and a law to get people to install it. :lol:

Yes and no - often people and economies are not very good at long term planning.

It's why we need Social Security and Medicare and why buttom dollar chasing builders need to be regulated.

Not up here in the northern plain states, Renewables are costly, inefficient and unreliable up here in the northern plains states.
Crazy Cali can do what they want I guess, just don’t expect other states too follow suit.

Yes and no - often people and economies are not very good at long term planning.

It's why we need Social Security and Medicare and why buttom dollar chasing builders need to be regulated.

$20,000 for a system is hardly a bottom dollar builder....

And forcing people into helps who?

People.
Na, not really.
It’s best to let people make up their own choices...

Lol
Take your fucking collective and shove it up your ass..l

No, that's different. You need building codes to protect the person you sell your home to if you decide to move. You can't rig up faulty wiring that may start a house on fire killing an innocent family.

And no, we don't need Medicare and SS. It's forced upon us so there is little we can do about it. But need? No we don't.

Financial planning should be up to the individual--not the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back