Comparing the AR with other Legal Firearms

Wrong, more like 5 to 10 million. Even so, that's alot. But you don't ban them. Use the method that the 1934 Firearms Act did with the Thompson M1921, 1925 and 1928.

They don't come to your home and confiscate the Thompson. What they do is prevent making new ones and replacement parts. And make it where you have to have a special License to purchase or sell one. Again, they didn't come for them at all. It took about 10 years to get rid of the Thompson M1921 Sub Machine Gun from the public.

You regulate it, not ban it.
1. ban the ammunition
2. ban the brass
then start your process.

The children are going to do so well in school. Not having to worry about being splattered all over the walls. It is the best thing to do.

GUNNUTTERS.. your party is about to be over....

Battle weapon Thatbwas never issued for battle. That’s dumb.

Army definiton of an assault weapon:

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are not assault rifles according to the U.S. Army's definition. For example:

• Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 180 metres (200 yd).[19]
  • Select-fire rifles such as the Fedorov Avtomat, FN FAL, M14, and H&K G3 main battle rifles are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.
  • Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are not assault riflesaccording to the U.S. Army's definition. For example:
    • Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 180 metres (200 yd).[19]
    • Select-fire rifles such as the Fedorov Avtomat, FN FAL, M14, and H&K G3 main battle rifles are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.
    • Semi-automatic-only rifles like the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.
    • Semi-automatic-only rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS are not assault rifles; they do not have detachable box magazines and are not capable of automatic fire.

• Semi-automatic-only rifles like the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.
  • Semi-automatic-only rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS are not assault rifles; they do not have detachable box magazines and are not capable of automatic fire.

That is the DOD, the US government.
wrong, that's Wiki and anyone can put anything onto wiki. DOD has nothing to do with that Wiki Page. BTW, some countries could not qualify for the AR 600 series rifles and elected for the Model 750 and it's clones. If you think the AR isn't an Assault Rifle, you don't understand that the whole AR Family is considered Assault Weapons.

Wrong, more like 5 to 10 million. Even so, that's alot. But you don't ban them. Use the method that the 1934 Firearms Act did with the Thompson M1921, 1925 and 1928.

They don't come to your home and confiscate the Thompson. What they do is prevent making new ones and replacement parts. And make it where you have to have a special License to purchase or sell one. Again, they didn't come for them at all. It took about 10 years to get rid of the Thompson M1921 Sub Machine Gun from the public.

I am very familiar with the NFA of 34 and the GCA of 68 and 86.

Semi auto do. Not fit the NFA Class three category.

As of 2018, there were an estimated 393 million civilian-owned firearms in the U.S., according to the Switzerland-based Small Arms Survey, a government-backed global organization. As of 2020, there were about 20 million AR-15-style weapons in the country, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade association.

Argue with CNNC, Junior. I’m out.

1. ban the ammunition
2. ban the brass
then start your process.

No, not going to get past the first Federal Court. But you can ban the replacement parts manufacture and stop the production of them. That was how the Thompson Model 1921, 1925 and 1928 were slowly fazed out.

The children are going to do so well in school. Not having to worry about being splattered all over the walls. It is the best thing to do.

GUNNUTTERS.. your party is about to be over....

As of 2018, there were an estimated 393 million civilian-owned firearms in the U.S., according to the Switzerland-based Small Arms Survey, a government-backed global organization. As of 2020, there were about 20 million AR-15-style weapons in the country, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade association.

Run tiny run.....

More and more, people aren't buying your BS.

There is no logic or evidence whatsoever that a ban on AR-15s and the like would make any difference in the number of deaths due to gun violence. None. An AR-15 is a heavy weapon that takes time to acquire a target and shoot. there are a large number of semi-auto rifles, shotguns, and pistols that can do as much damage in the same amount of time, and I assure you that reloading an AR-15 with a fresh mag is no faster than any other semi-auto weapon. You push the release button and the old mag drops out and you punch in the new one and off you go. In fact, I would submit that reloading a semi-auto handgun is faster cuz you can easily hold the pistol with one hand and put the new mag in with the other. It ain't that easy or as quick to do that with an AR-15. Your 3 times faster thing is a crock of shit.

Even CBS can have a fruitcake write for them., Sean Baldwin is a rtwinger. His truth is questionable at best. 20 million? Even the NRA says 5 to 10 mil.

They don't fit because they haven't been regulated like that. Before the 1934 Firearms Act, the SMG didn't fit either.

There is no logic or evidence whatsoever that a ban on AR-15s and the like would make any difference in the number of deaths due to gun violence. None. An AR-15 is a heavy weapon that takes time to acquire a target and shoot. there are a large number of semi-auto rifles, shotguns, and pistols that can do as much damage in the same amount of time, and I assure you that reloading an AR-15 with a fresh mag is no faster than any other semi-auto weapon. You push the release button and the old mag drops out and you punch in the new one and off you go. In fact, I would submit that reloading a semi-auto handgun is faster cuz you can easily hold the pistol with one hand and put the new mag in with the other. It ain't that easy or as quick to do that with an AR-15. Your 3 times faster thing is a crock of shit.

You keep saying BAN I am saying regulation. Banning won't work but a slow and steady regulation does. It took about 10 years to get the Thompson SMG under control. Even today, you can still buy one if you follow the law. Don't follow the law, don't get caught with one. It's going to have a very long Prison sentence.

I am retired Military with tons of time on a M-16 including the original AR-15 Model 601. I don't have to lose my sight windows to change mags. The mag falls out when I press the release and the other mag just snaps straight in. My right fingers never left the trigger guard area. And the AR isn't a heavy weapon, that's designed to be light. Your idea of heavy must be in the 6lb range or heavier. Weight a Mini-14 with a full mag and get a huge surprise. YOU probably can't do a fast fire using multiple mags on an AR but I can. I had to learn on the AR-15 Model 601 just to pass expert shooter. The AR uses the same mechanism.

Time marched past the M-1. In fact, the old M-14 and the Mini-14 are just improved versions of it. But if I try and use any one of those 3 the body count will drop to almost what a handgun can do. The AR-14 Family (yes, that includes the M-16 all versions and the Model 750 (AR-15)) They are all the same basic rifle with many of the same positive attributes. And if you believe that the full auto version is superior, the Military didn't think so.

I can fire at least 3 times as many shots from an AR-15 than you can a M-1 and it's directives. And a rank be beginner can do at least twice the fire rate using the AR. Forget all that other white noise, the fact remains that the AR-15 (all versions) are the most affective killing machine in combat. And when one enters a Church of a School that Church or School becomes the equivalent of a combat zone.

Moron.....the AR-15 is under powered as a rifle......

Anyone with any gun makes any gun free zone into a killing field... you dope.

You keep saying BAN I am saying regulation. Banning won't work but a slow and steady regulation does. It took about 10 years to get the Thompson SMG under control. Even today, you can still buy one if you follow the law. Don't follow the law, don't get caught with one. It's going to have a very long Prison sentence.

No....the Thompson was a big, heavy gun....modern guns are much lighter and smaller....that finished off the Thompson

Time marched past the M-1. In fact, the old M-14 and the Mini-14 are just improved versions of it. But if I try and use any one of those 3 the body count will drop to almost what a handgun can do. The AR-14 Family (yes, that includes the M-16 all versions and the Model 750 (AR-15)) They are all the same basic rifle with many of the same positive attributes. And if you believe that the full auto version is superior, the Military didn't think so.

I can fire at least 3 times as many shots from an AR-15 than you can a M-1 and it's directives. And a rank be beginner can do at least twice the fire rate using the AR. Forget all that other white noise, the fact remains that the AR-15 (all versions) are the most affective killing machine in combat. And when one enters a Church of a School that Church or School becomes the equivalent of a combat zone.

And yet a killer in Cumbria, England useda bolt action rifle and killed 13...the Nahville shooter killed 6.....the killer in Kerch, Russia killed 20 with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun

It isnt the weapon, you doofus...not at the ranges involved in a mass public shooting.....

It is the amount of free time the killer has in the gun free zone stalking unarmed vicrims before someone, anyone, with a gun confronts them and makes them stop shooting the unarmed victims......

Time, not the gun, makes the difference

2 hand guns were used in Lubys cafe to kill 24

2 hand guns at Virginia texh killed 32

the Nashville shooter with the AR killed 6

Time, not the gun makes the difference

For that to haoppen you need to amend the constitution.
"All bearable arms".

Forum List

Back