Comparing the AR with other Legal Firearms

LOL

With more than two dozen AR-15's seems you got that pussy thing locked down.
When are you going to tell me where not having a removable flash hider stopped one crime with an AR during the infamous AWB?

You missed the boat once again.

Shotgun, in most states, only allows 3 rounds and plugs to take up the difference. The one used had 5 shots while the monster had 16. No one will be using these as their primary for School and Church shootings as the shotgun (normal) only holds 3 to 5 and it's slow to reload.

The AR reloads a 20 round mag in less than a second. That means it will end up pumping out more destruction than even the shotgun because of it's speed.

You gunnutters lose again
gunnutters are not that bright....

When are you going to tell me where not having a removable flash hider stopped one crime with an AR during the infamous AWB?
I already have. The purpose of an assault weapons ban, like the previous ban, is to reduce both
the frequency, and the severity, of mass shootings, PERIOD. You, and others, have argued that a ban would not reduce the number of guns in circulation, that one can still get an assault rifle, per se, under an assault rifle ban, albeit maybe without a few of the "gadgets" attached. So what's the damn problem? The numbers presented clearly indicate that the previous assault weapon ban reduced the frequency, and the severity, of mass shootings. And more studies are coming in confirming that reality.

But back to what I said about not having the removable flash hider, or the folding stock, or the rail to attach accessories too. Those school shooters, they want to feel like Rambo, they want a big scary gun, one that looks like a military gun. And how many times have we seen that they purchase that gun just days, sometimes hours, before initiating their shooting spree. It stands to reason, that if they can't get one of those scary military looking guns, why they might just decide not to do the shooting. But hey, I got an alternative proposal. We don't ban assault rifles, we just require that all of them to be painted pink with yellow daisies. And if you have one, or two dozen, you have to take them and get them painted at your expense or turn them in.

Sigh .. The argument that matters is solving the underlying problem and trends we see across mass shooters .. yet ignorant individuals continue to focus on the outcome of behavior.

Firearms haven't changed that much in the last 100+ years .. but what has?
I say let's find out how the Deep State is pushing some mentally unstable people over the top and getting them to finally crack. It's really only a small handful. The majority of the mass shooters are copycats acting on their own, but still following suit. And that's the nuts and bolts of how it works. The CIA employs similar tactics in foreign countries. That's a real good hint who might really be behind it all. Sure, there's a hoard of nut jobs out there just waiting to go off...but the powers that be are using their skills as social manipulators to set some of them off resulting in a cascade of copy cats.

gunnutters are not that bright....

It also claims that the #2buckshot is the most common. I fired one through my 870 and thought, that was nice and then loaded up with my #4 3 in Mag that can actually kill whatever I shoot at. I would rather not be shot but if I were shot, I would rather be shot at by the 2 Buckshot the the 4 3in mag. I have a chance of living through the buckshot but whatever I hit with the 4 is going to be blown off.

It also claims that the #2buckshot is the most common. I fired one through my 870 and thought, that was nice and then loaded up with my #4 3 in Mag that can actually kill whatever I shoot at. I would rather not be shot but if I were shot, I would rather be shot at by the 2 Buckshot the the 4 3in mag. I have a chance of living through the buckshot but whatever I hit with the 4 is going to be blown off.
what these gunnutters will never figure out...
In 10 or so years, all of the guns will be gone.
They are wasting their money on these "killing machines" and all the accessories.
they are not that bright....

I already have. The purpose of an assault weapons ban, like the previous ban, is to reduce both
the frequency, and the severity, of mass shootings, PERIOD. You, and others, have argued that a ban would not reduce the number of guns in circulation, that one can still get an assault rifle, per se, under an assault rifle ban, albeit maybe without a few of the "gadgets" attached. So what's the damn problem? The numbers presented clearly indicate that the previous assault weapon ban reduced the frequency, and the severity, of mass shootings. And more studies are coming in confirming that reality.

But back to what I said about not having the removable flash hider, or the folding stock, or the rail to attach accessories too. Those school shooters, they want to feel like Rambo, they want a big scary gun, one that looks like a military gun. And how many times have we seen that they purchase that gun just days, sometimes hours, before initiating their shooting spree. It stands to reason, that if they can't get one of those scary military looking guns, why they might just decide not to do the shooting. But hey, I got an alternative proposal. We don't ban assault rifles, we just require that all of them to be painted pink with yellow daisies. And if you have one, or two dozen, you have to take them and get them painted at your expense or turn them in.
You haven't done jackshit Moon Bat.

Before the AWB there were AR-15s sold in the US.

During the AWB there were AR-15s sold in the US.

The only difference is that during the AWB there were cosmetic restrictions. You could only have one of four items; pistol grip, removable flash hider, collapsible stock or bayonet lug.

All you have to do to stop making a fool of yourself is show me where anyone of those items resulted in one less crime.

Here is a picture of a Colt AR-15 like I bought right in the middle of the ban.

2022-09-26_456.jpg

Here is a picture of a preban Colt AR-15
H1193-L144111238.jpg

Tell me the crime stopping difference.

You haven't done jackshit Moon Bat.

Before the AWB there were AR-15s sold in the US.

During the AWB there were AR-15s sold in the US.

The only difference is that during the AWB there were cosmetic restrictions. You could only have one of four items; pistol grip, removable flash hider, collapsible stock or bayonet lug.

All you have to do to stop making a fool of yourself is show me where anyone of those items resulted in one less crime.

Here is a picture of a Colt AR-15 like I bought right in the middle of the ban.

2022-09-26_456.jpg

Here is a picture of a preban Colt AR-15
H1193-L144111238.jpg

Tell me the crime stopping difference.
I have explained it twice, sorry if you don't want to hear it. And if the ban doesn't make any difference, why are you trying so hard to keep it from going into effect?

I have explained it twice, sorry if you don't want to hear it. And if the ban doesn't make any difference, why are you trying so hard to keep it from going into effect?
No you haven't Moon Bat.

You haven't explained jackshit. Denial ain't gonna hack it.

The AWB was a sham and didn't do anything to stop any crime as you or that lying Mr Potatohead stated.

I made it easy for you to explain the difference. I posted pictures of pre and post ban ARs and all you have to do is tell me one instance of how the features of the post ban resulted in one less crime.

Lets hear it Moon Bat or are you going to continue to be a chickenshit and run from what you know is wrong? Man up for a change and admit you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about the stupid claims you make.

The purpose of an assault weapons ban, like the previous ban, is to reduce both
the frequency, and the severity, of mass shootings, PERIOD.

The stupid is strong with this one......

The only mass public shooting that could not have been done with pistols or shotguns was the Las Vegas shooting....from the Hotel...with shots fired at 400 yards.....
Any of the others could have been done with shotguns, pistols, or any other semi-automatic rifle...you dumb ass.....
And you guys keep lying.....
There is no evidence that the assault weapon ban stopped any mass public shootings, you lying sack of shit....
At the time of the ban, you F**k wit.........the weapon of choice wasn't rifles.........gang bangers and the Columbine shooters used tech 9s.......those were banned....and shootings still happened.....
Notice.......the stupid ban took effect in 1994......

Notice....
US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Deer kill 200 people a year.....

Lawn mowers between 90-100 people a year....

Ladders 300 people a year....

bathtubs 350 people a year...

Cars killed over 39,000 people in 2019...

Total number of people killed in mass public shootings by year...

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

Total number of mass public shootings by year....

Because, you dumb ass..........the AR-15 isn't the end.....it is the beginning of your dreams of banning and confiscating guns......if you shitheads can get it banned, then you can demand all other semi-automatic guns as well......because all of a sudden, while now you are pretending to not know the AR-15 opearates the same as all the other semi-auto guns.....if you get it banned, you will all of a sudden realize that fact, and use it to demand all the other guns get banned too....

You lying moron...

You missed the boat once again.

Shotgun, in most states, only allows 3 rounds and plugs to take up the difference. The one used had 5 shots while the monster had 16. No one will be using these as their primary for School and Church shootings as the shotgun (normal) only holds 3 to 5 and it's slow to reload.

The AR reloads a 20 round mag in less than a second. That means it will end up pumping out more destruction than even the shotgun because of it's speed.

You gunnutters lose again.
Sounds like an AR is a good weapon for self defense.

what these gunnutters will never figure out...
In 10 or so years, all of the guns will be gone.
They are wasting their money on these "killing machines" and all the accessories.
they are not that bright....

All the guns won't be gone. Just one class and one class only. I will still have the ability to purchase a handgun with ammo in 15 minutes. I will still be able to purchase a shotgun or a hunting rifle at will.

The only mass public shooting that could not have been done with pistols or shotguns was the Las Vegas shooting....from the Hotel...with shots fired at 400 yards.....
Any of the others could have been done with shotguns, pistols, or any other semi-automatic rifle...you dumb ass.....
There is no evidence that the assault weapon ban stopped any mass public shootings, you lying sack of shit....
At the time of the ban, you F**k wit.........the weapon of choice wasn't rifles.........gang bangers and the Columbine shooters used tech 9s.......those were banned....and shootings still happened.....

Notice....
Wrong. We had 3 mass shootings, one theater and 2 schools that made us pass some laws to inhibit the
AR. Not ban it but inhibit it. And they still keep trying to show up at churches and schools with their ARs. When you are going for a new record, you pick the tool that can accomplish it. And you exclude Shotguns and handguns. The AR is the only one capable of establishing a new record. For instance, the Theater shooting, most of the killing was done in the first 50 rounds out of an AR with a 100 round mag. It jammed like most extreme high capacity mags will. Not a problem with the 20 or 30 round mags. He established a new record that stood until the Las Vegas shooting.

We don't need to ban ARs but we do need to regulate them. You will call that banning but it means that if I want one I can walk in, fill out the proper background check paperwork and walk out with it as long as I meet or exceed the regulation. What I can't do is walk in and equip the AR for all out war.

Even so, they still try and get away to go shoot up another school or church but laws that YOU refuse to support keeps them from succeeding. We need to regulate the ARs.

Notice....

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Deer kill 200 people a year.....

Lawn mowers between 90-100 people a year....

Ladders 300 people a year....

bathtubs 350 people a year...

Cars killed over 39,000 people in 2019...

Total number of people killed in mass public shootings by year...

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

Total number of mass public shootings by year....

Well, the numbers you posted show a clear distinction between when the ban went into effect and both prior and afterwards. Would reimplementing the ban stop mass shootings? No, and no one has claimed it would. Would it reduce the numbers, it appears it would. But one thing is for damn sure, survivability improves when an assault weapon IS NOT used. Look up the word. "cavitation", because survivability is the main purpose of an assault weapon ban. Would you rather your children or grandchildren be shot by a Glock or an AR-15?

No you haven't Moon Bat.

You haven't explained jackshit. Denial ain't gonna hack it.

The AWB was a sham and didn't do anything to stop any crime as you or that lying Mr Potatohead stated.

I made it easy for you to explain the difference. I posted pictures of pre and post ban ARs and all you have to do is tell me one instance of how the features of the post ban resulted in one less crime.

Lets hear it Moon Bat or are you going to continue to be a chickenshit and run from what you know is wrong? Man up for a change and admit you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about the stupid claims you make.
You are one stupid little prick. Hell, laws against murder don't stop murders so hell, why have them, right? Isn't that your argument? Speed Limits don't prevent speeding, so let's open all the roads up like the Autobahn.

Would banning assault weapons improve survivability of a mass shooting? Would an inability to purchase scary looking guns perhaps decrease school shootings? Would it reduce the "cool factor"? Would you rather be shot by a pistol or an assault rifle? What advantage does an assault rifle have over other weapons in regards to self-defense and hunting?

All the guns won't be gone. Just one class and one class only. I will still have the ability to purchase a handgun with ammo in 15 minutes. I will still be able to purchase a shotgun or a hunting rifle at will.
yeah. I got plenty of those.
I might be able to keep my .50 BMG.
If not, oh well. I will do what is right for this country.

Forum List

Back