Comparing the AR with other Legal Firearms

No you are the one drinking the Kool Aid here not me.

I give you facts you give me knee jerk emotional talking points and made up stats.

So says the AR Cultist who loves his AR more than our Children. Your MAGAt behavior is the same thing.

AR 14? Is that another gun you have strong fearful emotions about?

You can't offer facts so you use words like cult .

So he made a typo. So what. You are still trying to use gotchas because nothing else works, you AR 45 Cultist.

They aren't going house to house seizing the ARs. They are regulating the sales. If you have one, you keep it but don't attempt to sell it. The Thompson M1921 was done the same way until they were pretty much out of circulation. It took 10 years. What are you going to do with your ARs when you can't find replacement parts or a full replacement. Yah, I know, you AR Cultists will try and find illegal ways and we start locking your butts up of firearm charges (Felonies). We aren't trying to ban the AR, we are regulating it into oblivion.
Nah, you just start purchasing ban compliant firearms. They have made for decades.

The military identified clearly the reason for the new firearm.

"...field reports of underperformance and lackluster lethality for the 5.56 mm round at distances beyond 300 meters in Afghanistan gun battles."

Nothing at all to do with your false claim.
There are two rounds being manufactured. One is the 277 Fury, which is a 6.8x51mm. The other is the 6.8x43mm. The Fury is too large for the M16/AR 15.

Just at a glance you can see the .277 Sig Fury is a really unique round. First thing you'll notice is that it has a bi-metal casing which has a steel metal base and brass body. The metric dimension of the Fury is 6.8x51mm, which is a big boy. Standard .277 Fury ammo holds 140 grains. This means its over twice as powerful as the standard 62 grain 5.56 NATO round. This high power round has a chamber pressure of 80,000 PSI, which is practically unheard of for any military ammunition. For comparison, the 5.56 NATO goes out at about 62k PSI and the 7.62x51 NATO is at 60.2k PSI. Having 18-20k more PSI coming out of a barrel is a ridiculously huge advancement in stopping power. This means the .277 Fury has a Muzzle Velocity of 3,000 FPS put of a 16in barrel. Essentially this round is just a magnum version of a 6.5 Creedmoor on steroids. While the 6.8 SPC is currently widely available, it is not the same as the 277 Fury. The 6.8 SPC (or 6.8x43mm) was made for the AR-15 platform. 277 Fury is too large to fit into any standard AR-15 platform. While these rounds have a lot in common, the .277 is an absolute monster. Here is a chart comparing the 277 Fury to the 5.56, 300 Winchester, 308 Winchester, and the 6.5 Creedmoor.

How melodramatic.

I will admit to stringing you along for a while as your bellicose demands and huffing and puffing are funny.

Here. I dd your homework for you.

View attachment 777478
Meaningless statistic - since you obviously don't even comprehend the FBI's definition of "active shooters" to mass shooting incidents,
FYI there were 694 mass shooting incidents in the USA in 2021 So explain the missing 633 mass shootings.

But anyway a perfect and classic example of how little AR15 Cult members really understand, as to how they and the NRA try to manipulate statistics.

Last edited:
Meaningless statistic - since you obviously don't even comprehend the FBI's definition of "active shooters" to mass shooting incidents,
FYI there were 694 mass shooting incidents in the USA in 2021 So explain the missing numbers.
Meaningless whining. I can see you're angry. The fact that armed citizens can and do stop active shooters you find offensive. While you may prefer that more active shooter incidents occur, thus appealing to your gun grabber proclivities, there are times when armed civilians do intervene.

I did your homework, gave you what you could have found on your own.

Fury ammo holds 140 grains. This means its over twice as powerful as the standard 62 grain 5.56 NATO round.
Gunnutrer,
140 Grains is the weight of the projectile for this cartridge.

So says the AR Cultist who loves his AR more than our Children. Your MAGAt behavior is the same thing.
I DO NOT OWN AN AR

I DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP (or Biden)

You have no facts, no data to support your emotional opinion

Too bad that you failed to understand the point I was making.

It isn't about how many or what kind of firearms, someone has. E.g. me even owning a G36, or you an AK47. It's about regulating firearms and EVERYTHING else that goes with it.

You had mentioned, that you carry 50 rounds of buck-shot with you when you go out with your shotgun. That is why I replied onto your post.
To do what? - go onto a mass-shooting spree? or to exterminate all animal life in a forest?
Despite popular belief that in Germany (my home-country) firearms are banned - well it ain't true. However the issue of Firearms is extremely well and efficiently regulated in Germany.
So if you go out for a hunt in Germany - no way that anyone could or even would carry 50 rounds of ammo with him. It is only upon taking up specifically designated shooting positions/areas that one is even allowed to load his gun. It's called regulations.

Animals and their number that are allowed to be hunted are also regulated - so if you get to shoot 2 rabbits and a buck - you are allowed to carry two rounds for your shotgun and 1 round for your buck. If you miss - too bad for you. If you simply wound a buck - the accompanying hunter gets to do the kill - or you need to inform the forestry department that you wounded a buck. And they will send their own licensed hunter to finish the job (and this person can carry as much ammo as he deems necessary) - it's called regulations.

If I stay at my house in Colorado, I never carry a hand gun with me - since I belief in law and order, governed and executed by the sheriff department and police. And if I go to a shooting range I never carry ammo and guns together - since in Germany - regulations don't allow for that. Either you keep your firearm or your ammo, or vice versa at your personal locker at the shooting club. Where every single shot is registered - its called regulations.

There are less then 200 people in Germany that are allowed to own a G36 - one needs to be involved in state related security tasks. Private collectors need to "cut open such a gun" in order to disable it from being used. That is called regulations.

So if a civil dressed person walks around in Germany in public, carrying a firearm - the police will immediately be notified and by-passers will try and get away from such a person. Therefore minimizing the risk of getting hurt or killed due to some mental retard. How is the police in the USA supposed to protect civilians or civilian themselves, if every wannabe military asshole, dressed in military fatigues, or plain clothed - can carry an AR15 - plus maybe even a bump stock?

So to end this ridiculous issue and discussion:
How many mass shootings in the USA were stopped by civilian gun-freaks carrying a firearm? in comparison to those stopped by the police? or the mental retard killing himself?
There goes the NRA's and those MAGA gun freaks favorite propagated argument "for my self defense and my family" - puff into smoke.
Oh I fully understand the point you were trying to make you're just wrong that's all! 😃

I did your homework, gave you what you could have found on your own.
Absolutely not

My question was and is:
How many mass shootings in the USA were stopped by civilian gun-freaks carrying a firearm? in comparison to those stopped by the police? or the mental retard killing himself?
If you can't answer it - this discussion involving you, is over.

To give you a bit of help - how many of those "6" in 2021 were conducted by armed civilians strolling around? answer 4
So out of 694 mass shooters 4 were apprehended by gun freaks - that is not even 1%, What about those 694 gun carrying freaks that committed those shootings? and killing 702 people and wounding/maiming 2844 people?

In other words people like you and those sickos from the NRA are trying to tell the American population:
Thanks to AR Cult members and gun freaks we can offer 4 people who did something, and there is no need to talk about those 694 mass-shooters who were armed thanks to us and therefore having been enabled towards killing 702 people and wounding/maiming another 2844 people.

You Cult guys are ignorant, brainwashed and plain stupid, go and talk to your alike.

Last edited:
Absolutely not

My question was and is:

To give you a bit of help - how many of those "6" in 2021 were conducted by armed civilians? answer 4
So out of 694 mass shooters 4 were apprehended by gun freaks - that is not even 1%, What about those 694 gun carrying freaks that committed those shootings? and killing 702 people and wounding/maiming 2844 people?

In other words people like you and those sickos from the NRA are trying to tell the American population:
Thanks to AR Cult members and gun freaks we can offer 4 people who did something, and there is no need to talk about those 694 mass-shooters who were armed thanks to us and therefore having been enabled towards killing 702 people and wounding/maiming another 2844 people.

You Cult guys are ignorant, brainwashed and plain stupid, go and talk to your alike.
Chill oujt, Bruh. You have had a tough time of it on this thread. But damn, Bruh, you need to calm down. Maybe you need to acknowledge facts realize you and that other goofball vrenn, don't know what you are talking about.

Absolutely not

My question was and is:

To give you a bit of help - how many of those "6" in 2021 were conducted by armed civilians? answer 4

Why do you think civilians should be doing the police's job?

I carry for SELF DEFENCE or to defend my wife.

I do not carry to defend the public. I am not a cop I do not want to be a cop.

Tell you what if I see that you are you getting the shit kicked out you, because I respect your opinion that no one should be carrying a gun and that you think the cops are enough then I won't pull my gun to save you but I will call the cops and an ambulance and hope they get their before you get dead and you respect my rights and my choice to own firearms.

Deal?

Roll eyes

You need to go back under the porch ignorant gunnutter​

140 Grains, 3,000 FPS, 16″ Barrel​

There have been all kinds of numbers circulating, but the facts are that a 140-grain bullet will attain a velocity of.......

Here are some in 135 Grain

277.JPG

Too bad that you failed to understand the point I was making.

It isn't about how many or what kind of firearms, someone has. E.g. me even owning a G36, or you an AK47. It's about regulating firearms and EVERYTHING else that goes with it.

You had mentioned, that you carry 50 rounds of buck-shot with you when you go out with your shotgun. That is why I replied onto your post.
To do what? - go onto a mass-shooting spree? or to exterminate all animal life in a forest?
Despite popular belief that in Germany (my home-country) firearms are banned - well it ain't true. However the issue of Firearms is extremely well and efficiently regulated in Germany.
So if you go out for a hunt in Germany - no way that anyone could or even would carry 50 rounds of ammo with him. It is only upon taking up specifically designated shooting positions/areas that one is even allowed to load his gun. It's called regulations.

Animals and their number that are allowed to be hunted are also regulated - so if you get to shoot 2 rabbits and a buck - you are allowed to carry two rounds for your shotgun and 1 round for your buck. If you miss - too bad for you. If you simply wound a buck - the accompanying hunter gets to do the kill - or you need to inform the forestry department that you wounded a buck. And they will send their own licensed hunter to finish the job (and this person can carry as much ammo as he deems necessary) - it's called regulations.

If I stay at my house in Colorado, I never carry a hand gun with me - since I belief in law and order, governed and executed by the sheriff department and police. And if I go to a shooting range I never carry ammo and guns together - since in Germany - regulations don't allow for that. Either you keep your firearm or your ammo, or vice versa at your personal locker at the shooting club. Where every single shot is registered - its called regulations.

There are less then 200 people in Germany that are allowed to own a G36 - one needs to be involved in state related security tasks. Private collectors need to "cut open such a gun" in order to disable it from being used. That is called regulations.

So if a civil dressed person walks around in Germany in public, carrying a firearm - the police will immediately be notified and by-passers will try and get away from such a person. Therefore minimizing the risk of getting hurt or killed due to some mental retard. How is the police in the USA supposed to protect civilians or civilian themselves, if every wannabe military asshole, dressed in military fatigues, or plain clothed - can carry an AR15 - plus maybe even a bump stock?

So to end this ridiculous issue and discussion:
There goes the NRA's and those MAGA gun freaks favorite propagated argument "for my self defense and my family" - puff into smoke.
There are less then 200 people in Germany that are allowed to own a G36 - one needs to be involved in state related security tasks.

Nobody in the USA can own a Automatic G36. It is called regulation. If you ask nicely I will tell you why.

Forum List

Back