Comparing the AR with other Legal Firearms

The Army recently announced that the Next Generation Squad Weapon, the XM5 rifle and XM250 light machine gun will replace the M4/M16 rifle and the 249 light machine gun, with some Soldiers expected to receive the weapons by the fourth quarter of 2023. New Hampshire-based weapons manufacturer Sig Sauer was awarded the contract.

so you idjits lost your asses for the AR-15 and now you wish to change the subject. Sorry, start your own thread where I will gladly come kick you ass all over again.

so you idjits lost your asses for the AR-15 and now you wish to change the subject. Sorry, start your own thread where I will gladly come kick you ass all over again.
First, we did not lose. I have been highly entertained watching you guys spew nonsense, repeating talking points. Next, you goofballs decided to discuss the round. You lost. Again.

You are getting emotional. Need a hanky?

Again, they had somewhere between 45 to 90 seconds (except for Texas) before they were stopped cold. To give you an idea on what works, we had a 17 year old walking towards a school yard. He had his Dad's AR-15 and 4 30 round mags under a rain slicker. He was spotted by an old lady who saw him outside her windows. Within 45 seconds, there were 5 cops surrounding him with drawn and cocked guns. After we had 3 major body count shootings, stopping the shooter before they can get into the school is paramount. What's sad is, the Cult keeps turning these fools out and about once a month, another shooter is stopped before they can get into the school.

We had 3 school shootings before we changed our laws. And these were to run up the body count of at least 17 dead with one nearly 50 dead and 200 wounded. The windows is 45 to 90 seconds. If you are going for the record, mag changes ARE important. And you sickos keep; sending those shooters to attempt at killing our children.

And you still haven't shown that a civilian will be able to shoot a significantly higher number of victims if the magazine change times between rifles are a fractionally different.

The rifle doesn't make people do this shit. Like I said ban the AR and a hell bent on murder psycho will just choose a different weapon or weapons

You and the other goofball were going on and on about how powerful and damaging the 5.56 round was.

The 556 and the 6.8 uses the same dimension for brass. The only difference is, the 6.8 is slower and more stable at longer distances. The reason it's slower is that the bullet is heavier. And I don't see the 6.8 being a civilian problem because the AR is the Cult.

First, we did not lose. I have been highly entertained watching you guys spew nonsense, repeating talking points. Next, you goofballs decided to discuss the round. You lost. Again.

You are getting emotional. Need a hanky?

LOL, you are a funny boy. As of this week, 11 states have regulated the AR-15 to the point of not allowing any new sales.Think of this, when 2/3rds of the states do the same thing the Feds won't have a choice. You Cult AR fruitcakes are losing and losing fast. Of course, your fruitcakes keep using them to get a new body count record.

LOL, you are a funny boy. As of this week, 11 states have regulated the AR-15 to the point of not allowing any new sales.Think of this, when 2/3rds of the states do the same thing the Feds won't have a choice. You Cult AR fruitcakes are losing and losing fast. Of course, your fruitcakes keep using them to get a new body count record.

So your definition of "winning" is agreeing with other idiots who make emotional knee jerk and utterly ineffective laws?

And you still haven't shown that a civilian will be able to shoot a significantly higher number of victims if the magazine change times between rifles are a fractionally different.

When you have a 45 to 90 second windows before you are stopped (except in Texas) then the speed you can reload does make a difference. Don't aim, just shoot. Just because you would be sloppy and probably drop your new mag doesn't mean that I will.

The rifle doesn't make people do this shit. Like I said ban the AR and a hell bent on murder psycho will just choose a different weapon or weapons

You still don't get it because you are part of the AR Cult.

So your definition of "winning" is agreeing with other idiots who make emotional knee jerk and utterly ineffective laws?

They work just fine around here. But not in the south red states. But I don't expect you to understand since you are part of the AR Cult.

The 556 and the 6.8 uses the same dimension for brass. The only difference is, the 6.8 is slower and more stable at longer distances. The reason it's slower is that the bullet is heavier. And I don't see the 6.8 being a civilian problem because the AR is the Cult.
The military identified clearly the reason for the new firearm.

"...field reports of underperformance and lackluster lethality for the 5.56 mm round at distances beyond 300 meters in Afghanistan gun battles."

Nothing at all to do with your false claim.

6.8x51 vs. 5.56​

Ballistics

As you can see from the charts above, the comparison between 5.56x45 and 6.8x51 is not close ballistically. Consider the starting velocities and bullet energies. A 140 grain projectile is more than twice as big as a 62 grain. Obviously true. Now add to it that 6.8x51's bullet exits the muzzle at 3,000 fps which is 200 fps faster than 5.56. These are rather generic velocities and averages but will suffice for what we’re doing.

Those two measurements have a direct bearing on bullet energy. At the muzzle, the 5.56 shows 1080 ft/lbs of energy, while the 6.8/277 shows just shy of 2,800. Look on down to 500 yards. The 5.56 has fallen to just over 1,900 fps with 512 ft/lbs of energy and dropped about 54 inches, not quite 5 feet. Compare that to the 6.8x51 at 2,091 fps and about 1,400 ft/lbs, with a drop of only about 46 inches. Remember… this smaller drop is accomplished with a bullet over twice as heavy as that of the 5.56mm.

It’s no wonder that our soldiers will most likely be glad to get this cartridge. It will speak with far more authority than the current 5.56mm and will enable meaningful hits on targets at ranges up to and past 500 yards. The 6.8x51 has more energy remaining at 1,000 yards than the 5.56 does at 500.

Do not confuse it with the 277 SPC.

The military identified clearly the reason for the new firearm.

"...field reports of underperformance and lackluster lethality for the 5.56 mm round at distances beyond 300 meters in Afghanistan gun battles."

Nothing at all to do with your false claim.

And this has to do with the lethality of the 556 at 10 yds?

Good luck with the 2/3s of states thing.

I would love to the wording of these bans. Remember, I posted ban compliant AR 15s.

I don't own any semi auto sports rifles.

6.8x51 vs. 5.56​

Ballistics

As you can see from the charts above, the comparison between 5.56x45 and 6.8x51 is not close ballistically. Consider the starting velocities and bullet energies. A 140 grain projectile is more than twice as big as a 62 grain. Obviously true. Now add to it that 6.8x51's bullet exits the muzzle at 3,000 fps which is 200 fps faster than 5.56. These are rather generic velocities and averages but will suffice for what we’re doing.

Those two measurements have a direct bearing on bullet energy. At the muzzle, the 5.56 shows 1080 ft/lbs of energy, while the 6.8/277 shows just shy of 2,800. Look on down to 500 yards. The 5.56 has fallen to just over 1,900 fps with 512 ft/lbs of energy and dropped about 54 inches, not quite 5 feet. Compare that to the 6.8x51 at 2,091 fps and about 1,400 ft/lbs, with a drop of only about 46 inches. Remember… this smaller drop is accomplished with a bullet over twice as heavy as that of the 5.56mm.

It’s no wonder that our soldiers will most likely be glad to get this cartridge. It will speak with far more authority than the current 5.56mm and will enable meaningful hits on targets at ranges up to and past 500 yards. The 6.8x51 has more energy remaining at 1,000 yards than the 5.56 does at 500.

Do not confuse it with the 277 SPC.

From almost the very day the M-16 was introduced........Enough, open your own thread. The 6.8 will not become part of the 556 AR Cult that you are a member of.

When you have a 45 to 90 second windows before you are stopped (except in Texas) then the speed you can reload does make a difference. Don't aim, just shoot. Just because you would be sloppy and probably drop your new mag doesn't mean that I will.

You still don't get it because you are part of the AR Cult.

And whose ass did you pull that 90 second police response time out of?

The fractions of seconds it takes between magazine changes is not as much of a factor as you want it to be. These shooters are not drilling and practicing thousands of magazine changes before they decide to go kill people.

And you are not making yourself look any more intelligent by you idiotic use of the word cult.

I don't own and AR as I have told you multiple times. I don't see myself ever owning one.

I am talking actual real world facts and as we have seen those facts are your enemy so you start with the cult bullshit.

Good luck with the 2/3s of states thing.

I would love to the wording of these bans. Remember, I posted ban compliant AR 15s.

I don't own any semi auto sports rifles.

They aren't being banned. They are being regulated IAW the Federal Firearms Laws.

And whose ass did you pull that 90 second police response time out of?

The fractions of seconds it takes between magazine changes is not as much of a factor as you want it to be. These shooters are not drilling and practicing thousands of magazine changes before they decide to go kill people.

And you are not making yourself look any more intelligent by you idiotic use of the word cult.

I don't own and AR as I have told you multiple times. I don't see myself ever owning one.

I am talking actual real world facts and as we have seen those facts are your enemy so you start with the cult bullshit.

Spoken like a true AR Cult believer. And that is the problem.

Forum List

Back