Compensating Negros For Slavery

OP just doesn't understand. So what, you waited until the slaves died and think the debt is wiped clean. Sorry, it doesn't work like that.

When are the Jews leaving Israel? Many of them weren't victims. So what's the difference?

How about the Indians? Are you advocating taking their land because they weren't smallpoxed? Why not? What's the difference?

How about France? They collected reparations from Haiti when the slaves were freed. Are you advocating they return that money? No?

Why not?

Who's going to pay the reparations for the hundreds of thousands of soldiers, most of whom were white, who died to gain them their freedom?

Why should they be paid anymore than soldiers that fought in any other war? Did the soilders that fought to beat the Germans get reparations for helping to free the Jews?

And following your logic why should people who were never slaves be paid money by people who were never slave owners?
After you answer my question I will give you an answer.

OP just doesn't understand. So what, you waited until the slaves died and think the debt is wiped clean. Sorry, it doesn't work like that.

When are the Jews leaving Israel? Many of them weren't victims. So what's the difference?

How about the Indians? Are you advocating taking their land because they weren't smallpoxed? Why not? What's the difference?

How about France? They collected reparations from Haiti when the slaves were freed. Are you advocating they return that money? No?

Why not?

Who's going to pay the reparations for the hundreds of thousands of soldiers, most of whom were white, who died to gain them their freedom?

Why should they be paid anymore than soldiers that fought in any other war? Did the soilders that fought to beat the Germans get reparations for helping to free the Jews?

And following your logic why should people who were never slaves be paid money by people who were never slave owners?

I did you give you my answer. The idea of reparations is stupid. Both for the non slaves, and for the families of the soldiers who died. Both requests are equally stupid.

Why not?

I did you give you my answer. The idea of reparations is stupid. Both for the non slaves, and for the families of the soldiers who died. Both requests are equally stupid.
No you didnt give me an answer. You asked me a question. its pretty simple. Yes or no did US soldiers receive reparations for helping to free the Jews from the Nazis? If you wont give an answer to that then I accept your concession.

Why not?

Exactly. But apparently for some negros, that doesn't matter.

Why not?

Why would it matter? Cite one example where US soldiers were paid reparations for freeing someone.

Seeing no one is alive from the war between the states that fought in it or was a slave then I would say no for any payment. If someone was still alive from that war, then yes, but seeing they are not, then no.

No you didnt give me an answer. You asked me a question. its pretty simple. Yes or no did US soldiers receive reparations for helping to free the Jews from the Nazis? If you wont give an answer to that then I accept your concession.

Hmmmm, actually the soldiers who survived WWII got the GI Bill so the survivors were well compensated. The ones who died all had life insurance (that they paid for of course) so no, the ones who died were not paid reparations.

Why not?

Why would it matter? Cite one example where US soldiers were paid reparations for freeing someone.

Exactly. Care to cite one example where people who were not slaves were paid reparations for being not slaves....

Seeing no one is alive from the war between the states then I would say no for any payment. If someone was still alive from that war, then yes, but seeing they are not, then no.
You dont have to be alive to be paid reparations. Its a debt owed to the surviving members of the person wronged. To be honest it shouldnt even be called reparations. It should be called back pay.

Hmmmm, actually the soldiers who survived WWII got the GI Bill so the survivors were well compensated. The ones who died all had life insurance (that they paid for of course) so no, the ones who died were not paid reparations.
I got the GI bill. It wasnt for freeing Jews and its not considered reparations. Its considered a benefit earned due to being in the military.

Why not?

Exactly. Care to cite one example where people who were not slaves were paid reparations for being not slaves....
No one that was enslaved in the US has ever received reparations. However, people that had ancestors that were wrong have received reparations.

Seeing no one is alive from the war between the states then I would say no for any payment. If someone was still alive from that war, then yes, but seeing they are not, then no.
You dont have to be alive to be paid reparations. Its a debt owed to the surviving members of the person wronged. To be honest it shouldnt even be called reparations. It should be called back pay.

Alright, if they can find a child that was born from a slave or a grandchild from a slave then pay that person but if it five generations later, nope and sorry I will not change my opinion on this...

Alright, if they can find a child that was born from a slave or a grandchild from a slave then pay that person but if it five generations later, nope and sorry I will not change my opinion on this...
I'm not trying to get you to change your opinion. I'm just pointing out that it is not an opinion based in logic. Its not like you have the authority to do anything about it.

Why not?

It was westwall who brought up compensating Northern soldiers who fought or died to free the slaves. Not me. The point I was getting at was that in any compensation made to negros, is there a value on what the North had to pay in terms of money and lives worth anything? If so, should that be deducted from any compensation to the negro descendants of slaves?

As for WW II, it wasn't about freeing the Jews. So I wouldn't expect the Jews to give compensation to those who fought for the Allies. But I am against the Jews receiving the compensation they do over the whole holocaust thing. Seeing how it was largely bullshit. Also, do you know what the Japanese pay their victims of WW II? Not a damn penny.

Why not?

No one that was enslaved in the US has ever received reparations. However, people that had ancestors that were wrong have received reparations.

Where? I can find no record where people who weren't slaves were ever paid money for not being slaves. No where in the whole world have I been able to find an example.

Why not?

It was westwall who brought up compensating Northern soldiers who fought or died to free the slaves. Not me. The point I was getting at was that in any compensation made to negros, is there a value on what the North had to pay in terms of money and lives worth anything? If so, should that be deducted from any compensation to the negro descendants of slaves?

As for WW II, it wasn't about freeing the Jews. So I wouldn't expect the Jews to give compensation to those who fought for the Allies. But I am against the Jews receiving the compensation they do over the whole holocaust thing. Seeing how it was largely bullshit. Also, do you know what the Japanese pay their victims of WW II? Not a damn penny.
I know it was Westwall. Thats why I replied to him first. After noticing your post I then replied to you. No there is no value on what the North had to pay. Its like any other war that tax payers fund.

Where? I can find no record where people who weren't slaves were ever paid money for not being slaves. No where in the whole world have I been able to find an example.
I dont think you read the last part of my post or you are playing dumb because you have nothing left.

I'm not trying to get you to change your opinion. I'm just pointing out that it is not an opinion based in logic. Its not like you have the authority to do anything about it.

Well let me put it this way then and it will never happen and it is too late.

The government waited too long to right their wrong, and now those that should have gotten something are not here, and too many generations have passed to fix the wrong.

Why not?

You are right again. If anybody was to pay money, it should be those who it can be proven whos ancestors owned slaves.

Well let me put it this way then and it will never happen and it is too late.

The government waited too long to right their wrong, and now those that should have gotten something are not here, and too many generations have passed to fix the wrong.
I doubt you know what you are talking about on this issue and no its never too late.

Forum List

Back