Concealed Carrier holds driver at gunpoint after he hits 7 year old

ya, if he would have shot him he would have been in and out of court the rest of his life.

Could be, I don't know the laws there.

But this is why you always vote Republican and the most gun friendly Republicans at that. Write laws so that citizens can do things like this without ramification.

I am fine with pulling out a gun, but only if the other guy is wielding a weapon himself.

Otherwise the reaction seems extreme. Something a wannabe would do for attention.

Sorry, but the other person doesn't have to be armed with anything before you have the legal right to use deadly force. If three or four thugs see you walking the street at night, scream "GET HIM" and start running at you, should you be prohibited from using your firearm to stop a brutal attack that could possibly mean your death?

There should be a Good Samaritan law for lawful use of a gun to stop a crime......

Sorry, but the other person doesn't have to be armed with anything before you have the legal right to use deadly force.

I do not care about what is lawful. I only care for what is moral and nessecary.

If three or four thugs see you walking the street at night, scream "GET HIM" and start running at you, should you be prohibited from using your firearm to stop a brutal attack that could possibly mean your death?

I believe you should assess the situation and only fire as a last resort. You cannot justify massacring four people based on "could of been."

This is the problem we have today with the government goons. They piss their pants and go wild eyed bill the moment they feel the tiniest bit threatened.

Na, more gun control laws only hinder law abiding citizens... fact

Law abiding citizens, please..... The law exists only to protect douchebags.

That is why we have gun control laws. So only the douchebags have firearms.

They already had the guy's vehicle stopped, and then quick draw mcgraw jumps in with his gun?

ooh, what a hero.

They already had the guy's vehicle stopped, and then quick draw mcgraw jumps in with his gun?

ooh, what a hero.

He was putting on a tough guy show, which makes me think he is actually pretty pathetic.

I give credit where credits due, but I really do not like patting showmen on the back

He could get jammed up over this. I don't think it's legal since the deed had been done and the guy was trying to leave. I would have taken the license plate number down.

That said, why do people walk in front of cars? I never assume people will stop. The dad needs his head examined, dumb move.

How much more control do you suggest we give leviathan over us?
If you give it some thought I think you might agree that a lot of the excessive and unnecessary bureaucratic red tape presently involved in obtaining a CCW could be replaced by a sensible (and necessary) training requirement, and that anyone who really wants a CCW won't mind the nominal cost and inconvenience -- mainly because it is a constructive effort.

Nope......that is justs another way they will stop normal, poor people from carrying guns for self defense......that is what they do in Europe.....
I don't see how that would work. If there is a sensible training requirement one either passes or fails, and you really don't want those who fail to be carrying, anyway.

If you're concerned with the cost of such a program it would be federally subsidized, therefore nominal, and anyone who can afford a gun could afford it -- and would want to.

In most states, that's what it takes to get a license.
That's good. I wasn't aware of that. Being from New Jersey my experience has been the CCW is virtually impossible to get.

I did have a CCW in New York City (job related) where there is a major bureaucratic hassle. But there is a rigid training requirement which I believe is very constructive, not only in terms of how to shoot but when to shoot and a lot more.

Nope......that is justs another way they will stop normal, poor people from carrying guns for self defense......that is what they do in Europe.....
I don't see how that would work. If there is a sensible training requirement one either passes or fails, and you really don't want those who fail to be carrying, anyway.

If you're concerned with the cost of such a program it would be federally subsidized, therefore nominal, and anyone who can afford a gun could afford it -- and would want to.

Sorry, no way...the Euopeans make the test so onerous that only the rich and the connected have the time and the means to study for it.....that is how they keep the little people from owning the hunting shotguns in their clubs that they are allowed to own....

Any Poll Tax...which this would be for guns the same way the Poll Tax was a tax on the right to vote, is unconstitutional......gun ownership is a Right, and asking Government for permission makes it something that would no be a Right.......so sorry....no requirement is necessary...

And on top of that....you can't show that of the 357 million guns in private hands that training is necessary .....

Forum List

Back