🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Confederate Flag Has Lots of Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
It DID NOT stand for that, and it DOES NOT stand for that today either. It has already been explained in this thread what it stands for, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with slavery. 90% of southerners who fought in the civil war (especially in the mountain states) never heard of the Confederacy, never heard of Jefferson Davis, never heard of slavery, and with no TV, radio, computers, many did not even know that black people existed. Few of the people then could read, and newspapers then (if there even were any), did not have photographs

I know of no illegality of the flying of Confederate flags,and here in the Tampa Bay are, they are seen everywhere - on cars, trucks, boats, clothing, etc

You think the people in the photos in Post # 67, support slavery? You need to calm down, and realize you haven't thought this one out.

Or maybe that was 170 years ago and there are only a few redneck crackers left who care?

Those flags YOU defend are part of the Confederacy thus I am on topic.

They fought because they were fighting for their states which did tell their people why they formed the rogue Confederate nation in the first place.

There are plenty of evidence that the Southern Soldier KNEW what they were fighting for here is one example:

Civil War Saga

"Why Did Confederate Soldiers Fight in the Civil War?​

According to Civil War historian James M. McPherson, in his book For Cause and Comrades, most Confederate volunteers stated they were fighting for liberty as well as slavery while many of the Union soldiers stated they fought to end slavery and preserve the union.

Although only 20% of a sample of 429 Southern soldiers named slavery as the main reason they were fighting in the war, there was a reason for that, according to McPherson:

LINK

=====

ALL the Southern State legislatures explained WHY they were voting to secede from the union and the primary reason is to preserve slavery.

You haven't addressed anything I posted......
I explained to your how the confederate flag is seen by southerners. If you persist on linking it to slavery, that's your tangent, you can go sit on that outer limb. Not my problem.

1654722437956.png

I explained to your how the confederate flag is seen by southerners. If you persist on linking it to slavery, that's your tangent, you can go sit on that outer limb. Not my problem.

View attachment 655510

You are upset that you can't separate the sordid blood-filled slavery supported history of the confederate flags from today's people.

You can't sweep past history into the dust bin.

Yes, lets see those pictures.
I'll post a few more , but I'm not going to spend hours (especially at dinnertime) doing it. For anyone who want the pictures, they are readily available. Don't need anybody to do it for them.

1654723310959.png

1654722766152.png
1654722784420.png

1654722812331.png
1654722839033.png

1654722863493.png
1654723016645.png
1654723210977.png

1654723149436.png

1654723232369.png
1654723274435.png
1654723252850.png

1654723350718.png

1654723383610.png

Attachments

• 1654722888639.png
    1654722888639.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 9
A flag resembling a rainbow, was the flag of the US Army 42nd Infantry division (highly decorated in World War I & 2.

View attachment 655137
Whites United

There is also the "Blue and Grey" Division (29th), which landed at Omaha Beach. Those are the colors on its patch. Cancel-culture politicians are trying to get rid of that, an ancient Chinese symbol, the famous yin-yang, that indicates a harmony between two different Anglo cultures.

You are upset that you can't separate the sordid blood-filled slavery supported history of the confederate flags from today's people.

You can't sweep past history into the dust bin.
I'm not upset. You're not upset, because you aren't showing the foggiest notion of knowing what this OP/thread is about. And I have no intentions of derailing my own OP/thread, by jumping over to what you're talking about. Not interested.

1654724016860.png

Neither state's rights or slavery are what 90% of southerners fought for in the Civil War. Overwhelmingly and consistently, all across the 11 states of the Confederacy, after the war when southerners were asked "Why did you fight" the answer was always the same >> "Because you're here"

And the Union guys weren't just there. They were SHOOTING at these southerners, blowing up their bridges & buildings, burning down their churches. What might one expect them to do ? Say thank you ?

Talk bout "mass shooters"....Wow!
So, Sunset Tommy, since you disagree that the southerners were fighting a defensive battle, then if you were one of them, and the Union soldiers were blowing up your bridges and buildings, burning your churches, and shooting at YOU, your reaction wouldn't be to shoot back ? You would do WHAT ? Offer them lollipops ?

I'm not upset. You're not upset, because you aren't showing the foggiest notion of knowing what this OP/thread is about. And I have no intentions of derailing my own OP/thread, by jumping over to what you're talking about. Not interested.

View attachment 655532

I didn't derail anything I am simply pointing the BACKGROUND history of those flags as why I dislike them so much.

If the Confederacy never existed would the confederate flags exist today?

So, Sunset Tommy, since you disagree that the southerners were fighting a defensive battle, then if you were one of them, and the Union soldiers were blowing up your bridges and buildings, burning your churches, and shooting at YOU, your reaction wouldn't be to shoot back ? You would do WHAT ? Offer them lollipops ?

It was the Confederate who STARTED the war and that BEFORE Fort Sumpter.

Ooops....

View attachment 655274

Thoughts on this ^^^^^^
The University, the Cradle of Communism, Is the Root of All Evil

The hammer was supposed to represent blue-collar workers, the sickle represented farmers. But the Bolsheviks were elitist student snobs and just wanted to use those people's resentment to get into absolute power over them. Notice that the P (pronounced R in Russian) is for "republics," which have always been oligarchic cliques.

There is no such thing as homophobia. Phobias are irrational fears. There is nothing to be afraid of from homosexuals, and they shouldn't invoke the term "phobia" as a means of trying to offset criticism of themselves. They deserve the criticism. Homosexuality is abnormal - contrary to nature.
The Illiterate Liberal Language Lords Want Us to Think, "We Have Our Sexuality; They Have Theirs. Same Difference"

There is also no such thing as a "homosexual." It is a mental deficiency; not a sexuality. Sex is between a male and a female. Think of the future word "pedosexual" and you'll see that "homosexual" never should have become a word either.

Those flags YOU defend are part of the Confederacy thus I am on topic.

They fought because they were fighting for their states which did tell their people why they formed the rogue Confederate nation in the first place.

There are plenty of evidence that the Southern Soldier KNEW what they were fighting for here is one example:

Civil War Saga

"Why Did Confederate Soldiers Fight in the Civil War?​

According to Civil War historian James M. McPherson, in his book For Cause and Comrades, most Confederate volunteers stated they were fighting for liberty as well as slavery while many of the Union soldiers stated they fought to end slavery and preserve the union.

Although only 20% of a sample of 429 Southern soldiers named slavery as the main reason they were fighting in the war, there was a reason for that, according to McPherson:

LINK

=====

ALL the Southern State legislatures explained WHY they were voting to secede from the union and the primary reason is to preserve slavery.

You haven't addressed anything I posted......
Stonewall Jackson Died for Your Sins

They fought because of prescient premonitions of what Aframs would do to our cities, our government, and our culture.

View attachment 655510
I am a Southerner, a Texan. I have at least one dead relative from the war and multiple ancestors on both sides. It's the flag of traitors.

Last edited:
That's not hundreds. Two are in multiple pics. You promised me hundreds.

Stonewall Jackson Died for Your Sins

They fought because of prescient premonitions of what Aframs would do to our cities, our government, and our culture.

I know quite a bit about Jackson a superb General his death was a massive blow to the Confederate cause as he was a trusted highly successful General to General Lee.

NO, he died for his state of Virginia, and it was his own soldiers who shot him.

Ooops.

I know quite a bit about Jackson a superb General his death was a massive blow to the Confederate cause as he was a trusted highly successful General to General Lee.

NO, he died for his state of Virginia, and it was his own soldiers who shot him.

Ooops.
The first recorded case of fragging? 😁🥰

The first recorded case of fragging? 😁🥰

No, it was accidental shooting, and it was the fault of Jackson for being too far forwards of his own army lines and it was at night.

He died of Pneumonia while recovering from his wounds with arm amputated.

No, it was accidental shooting, and it was the fault of Jackson for being too far forwards of his own army lines and it was at night.

He died of Pneumonia while recovering from his wounds with arm amputated.
That's what they said anyway...tee hee.

"Let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees on the other side..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back