🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Confederate Flag Has Lots of Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just gone through Memorial Day it is sickening to see the disrespect that liberals show to the Confederate flag, and to the approximately 300,000 southerners who died in the Civil War fighting to defend their home towns from invading Union soldiers.

Millions of people in the South, revere the memories of these brave soldiers, as much as any others on Memorial Day. The disrespect for the southern soldiers goes beyond the deceased soldiers themselves, and carries over to the people who fly the Confederate Flag, and attend Confederate memorial services.

This is just another example of the ignorant, self-righteous, crude buffoonery of the :lame2: Left, in America.

View attachment 655130

The Confederate flag flown in a historic context is fine.

But then, use the Confederate States flag. Not the battle flag of Northern Virginia. That just compounds the ignorance.

I am a lifelong southerner and a good ol' boy. But the confederacy fought against the United States of America. I am profoundly grateful that the Union won.

Flags-Confederacy.png

Generations of ignorant rednecks have continued to use the wrong flag to celebrate a war which took secessionists and put them in their place.

The Confederate flag flown in a historic context is fine.

But then, use the Confederate States flag. Not the battle flag of Northern Virginia. That just compounds the ignorance.

I am a lifelong southerner and a good ol' boy. But the confederacy fought against the United States of America. I am profoundly grateful that the Union won.

View attachment 655610

Generations of ignorant rednecks have continued to use the wrong flag to celebrate a war which took secessionists and put them in their place.

OR, it was chosen back in the day, to celebrate the military service of the veterans but NOT THE POLITICAL AIMS OF THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT.

OR, it was chosen back in the day, to celebrate the military service of the veterans but NOT THE POLITICAL AIMS OF THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT.

No one chose the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia to celebrate the service of veterans from the entire confederacy.

The flag was all about intimidation and not about the Confederate States.

You want history and to honor those who died in that conflict? Fly this flag.

CSA Flag.png

No one chose the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia to celebrate the service of veterans from the entire confederacy.

The flag was all about intimidation and not about the Confederate States.

You want history and to honor those who died in that conflict? Fly this flag.

Intimidation? I don't see it.

1654736799933.png

And Correll wants to pretend that flag was never used to intimidate people. I guess this is what is taught when you make sure there are no bad things said about the past.

You do realize that was an army reunion photo right? Joint one, Union and Confederate. Long after the war, everyone was very old. No one was scared. .They were all vets together.

You do realize that was an army reunion photo right? Joint one, Union and Confederate. Long after the war, everyone was very old. No one was scared. .They were all vets together.
I thought it was something like that.

But your insistence that the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia has never been used to intimidate people makes any further discussion a waste of time. You are either ignoring the facts or you are too ignorant to be living on your own. I'll let you pick which.

I thought it was something like that.

But your insistence that the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia has never been used to intimidate people makes any further discussion a waste of time. You are either ignoring the facts or you are too ignorant to be living on your own. I'll let you pick which.

The blacks of the Jim Crow south were not "intimidated" by FLAGS. They were "intimidated" by actual, real oppression and democrats with guns ready to back it up.

Since then the democrats gave up their anti-black racist institutions and laws but the celebration of regional history and heritage has continued.

So, it seems that any connection between the two, is one invented by the minds of modern libs.

Inflammatory and baiting OP’s do not work in CDZ. Closed.

Sometimes after over 100 posts, the OP tends to have gotten lost in the shuffle. Just for a basic review > it is sickening to see the disrespect that liberals show to the Confederate flag, and to approximately 300,000 southerners who died in the Civil War fighting to defend their home towns from invading Union soldiers.

The disrespect for the southern soldiers goes beyond the deceased soldiers themselves, and carries over to the people who fly the Confederate Flag, and attend Confederate memorial services.

Sometimes after over 100 posts, the OP tends to have gotten lost in the shuffle. Just for a basic review > it is sickening to see the disrespect that liberals show to the Confederate flag, and to approximately 300,000 southerners who died in the Civil War fighting to defend their home towns from invading Union soldiers.

The disrespect for the southern soldiers goes beyond the deceased soldiers themselves, and carries over to the people who fly the Confederate Flag, and attend Confederate memorial services.

What you want to ignore is the fact that the flag being discussed was not the flag of the Confederate States of America. And the "defensive" war you talk about was the United States of America not allowing states to leave the union. Especially when they illegally seized federal property (forts, guns, military supplies etc).

They wanted a war to defend their outdated institution of slavery.

What you want to ignore is the fact that the flag being discussed was not the flag of the Confederate States of America. And the "defensive" war you talk about was the United States of America not allowing states to leave the union. Especially when they illegally seized federal property (forts, guns, military supplies etc).

They wanted a war to defend their outdated institution of slavery.
"They" ? I sense that you have no clue who "they" were. See Post # 72.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back