Confederate Memorial at Arlington will be removed despite GOP opposition

I rarely agree with anything BackAgain ever posts, but in this instance he is correct. Morality is taught. Most white people were taught to accept slavery because the African race was inferior to the White race, and we were doing them a favor by civilizing them. Which of course is absurd by what most people are taught today. Like Voltaire said "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
Voltaire believed an absudity.

“It is a serious question among them whether they [Africans] are descended from monkeys or whether the monkeys come from them. Our wisemen have said that man was created in the image of God. Now here is a lovely image of the Divine Maker: a flat and black nose with little or hardly any intelligence. A time will doubtless come when these animals will know how to cultivate the land well, beautify their houses and gardens, and know the paths of the stars: one needs time for everything.” -Voltaire,“Les Lettres d’Amabed” p. 462-463

I care.

You do whatever you want.

Fair enough, I didn't bash you. I have said repeatedly that the normal leftist street violence way of doing it is wrong. But I don't know why we want the statues in public. I'd put them in museums. Democrats are offended by such a ridiculously long list of delusions, but I do not believe we should have for example on State houses that reasonably offend a large segment of the population. Glorifying slave owners reasonably offends blacks

Fair enough, I didn't bash you. I have said repeatedly that the normal leftist street violence way of doing it is wrong. But I don't know why we want the statues in public. I'd put them in museums. Democrats are offended by such a ridiculously long list of delusions, but I do not believe we should have for example on State houses that reasonably offend a large segment of the population. Glorifying slave owners reasonably offends blacks

:)

1702939520749.png

I agree with that. Abraham Lincoln was the worst President in US history. Removal of our choice ended government worrying about our choice since they can just conquer us now. There were a lot of bad things that happened, but that one enabled all the others.

Fair enough and I agree, but just my opinion I think that's lost on most people

Okay. There seems to be a lot of things changing over the decades. I saw a thread where Minnesota is changing its state flag. The new flag looks like other world flags of national state power. The America's were a new canvas to be painted on. The people already here were not any with a formed governments as we knew it. So new nations were forged mostly from European settlers, indentured servants and slaves from Africa in different percentages. now what is one the canvas is not showing improvements in relations but the removal of the old painting and accusations of hate and racism for even questioning it. Along the way a nation is in decline with the new managers of government having no understanding of creating wealth and actually destroying it thinking it is never ending. Only the imaginative, the creators, the industrious and tech savvy can keep growth and wealth improving. And it is lacking as we dumb down everyone for equity as we call it now and as we slowly decline like Engand did in the 19th century.

I agree with that. Abraham Lincoln was the worst President in US history. Removal of our choice ended government worrying about our choice since they can just conquer us now. There were a lot of bad things that happened, but that one enabled all the others.

Fair enough and I agree, but just my opinion I think that's lost on most people
Is it stupidity or emotional immaturity that you pretend a slave state was anti subjugation?

Voltaire believed an absudity.

“It is a serious question among them whether they [Africans] are descended from monkeys or whether the monkeys come from them. Our wisemen have said that man was created in the image of God. Now here is a lovely image of the Divine Maker: a flat and black nose with little or hardly any intelligence. A time will doubtless come when these animals will know how to cultivate the land well, beautify their houses and gardens, and know the paths of the stars: one needs time for everything.” -Voltaire,“Les Lettres d’Amabed” p. 462-463

If he had a (D) after his name, you would have voted for him.

Okay. There seems to be a lot of things changing over the decades. I saw a thread where Minnesota is changing its state flag. The new flag looks like other world flags of national state power. The America's were a new canvas to be painted on. The people already here were not any with a formed governments as we knew it. So new nations were forged mostly from European settlers, indentured servants and slaves from Africa in different percentages. now what is one the canvas is not showing improvements in relations but the removal of the old painting and accusations of hate and racism for even questioning it. Along the way a nation is in decline with the new managers of government having no understanding of creating wealth and actually destroying it thinking it is never ending. Only the imaginative, the creators, the industrious and tech savvy can keep growth and wealth improving. And it is lacking as we dumb down everyone for equity as we call it now and as we slowly decline like Engand did in the 19th century.

Yes, agreed. I believe Minnesota is doing it because white leftists pretending to be Indians like Lakhota are offended by it. Lakota spit up his white spritzer all over the floor of the loft he lives in when he saw it. That has nothing to do with slavery

ALL RISE!

This afternoons lesson:

Whites Knew Slavery was Wrong in 1776

Some people have an excuse that says we cannot hold Americans who lived in the past to today’s standards. I could understand if this standard was applied to all past events, ideas, beliefs, and philosophies, but it seems that this excuse is only used when racial injustices are discussed. For example,we have the political ideology called conservatism, whose members will proudly quote statements from the founders about the role of the American government today. None of the founders are here now. They are people of the past. The right credits them for ideas they had. They can assess today’s standards to their words.

We get told how we need to return to those standards consistently. Yet if you say, “No, I can’t do that because they owned slaves, which means they did not truly believe the words they spoke,” suddenly you can’t hold people from the past responsible, or you cannot place today’s standards on their beliefs. The record shows how the people of that time assessed “today’s” standards on themselves.

“Why keep alive the question of slavery? It is admitted by all to be a great evil.”
-Charles Carroll, Signer of the Declaration

“I am glad to hear that the disposition against keeping negroes grows more general in North America. Several pieces have been lately printed here against the practice, and I hope in time it will be taken into consideration and suppressed by the legislature.”
-Benjamin Franklin, Signer of the Declaration, Signer of theConstitution, President of the Pennsylvania Abolition Society

“That men should pray and fight for their own freedom and yet keep others in slavery is certainly acting a very inconsistent, as well as unjust and perhaps impious.”
-John Jay, President of Continental Congress, Original Chief Justice U. S. Supreme Court

I hope we shall at last, and if it so please God I hope it maybe during my life time, see this cursed thing [slavery] taken out. . . . For my part, whether in a public station or a private capacity, I shall always be prompt to contribute my assistance towards effecting so desirable an event.” -William Livingston, Signer of the Constitution; Governor of New Jersey

“The whole commerce between master and slave is a perpetual exercise of the most boisterous passions, the most unremitting despotism on the one part, and degrading submissions on the other. . . . And with what execration [curse] should the statesman be loaded, who permitting one half the citizens thus to trample on the rights of the other. . . . And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.” -Thomas Jefferson
Could you tap out a few lines of what you personally are aiming to accomplish?
I am virtually certain all of us who truly know about slavery think that way back in the founders days there were not people who hated slavery. Generally similar to today's democrats who hate wealth because they have little if any wealth.

Just the CSA.
Zink buddy, I want you to be in the place in your mind only of course, of the plantations of those days. You understand that there is chit chat about changing things that probably will put your plantation out of business. And some guy from Illinois wants to cause your business to fail. What do you do? Suck it up and go bankrupt?

It is not clear to me if those are the aims of Democrats. However they can't blame any of us for leaping to that conclusion. We have to judge Democrats by things they do. When they Destroy, we either call them out or they destroy this country. I happen to think they do not know what they are doing at all. They just lash out.

Why should we forget their sacrifice and the implications?
Who is doing that? They're still in the textbooks. They just won't be hon9red at Arlington National Cemetery.

MAGA are the biggest snowflakes, always clutching pearls and bedwetting over the stupidest things.

Forum List

Back