🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CONGRATULATIONS to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

190103144523-02-nancy-pelosi-gavel-0103-exlarge-tease.jpg

Nancy Pelosi Elected Speaker Of The House

House Democrats overwhelmingly cast their votes for the long-serving California representative on Thursday.

WASHINGTON ― After quashing a small revolt in her own caucus around Thanksgiving, Nancy Pelosi reclaimed the House speakership Thursday, becoming the first politician in 58 years to take back the gavel.

Pelosi was elected 220-192, with 12 Democrats voting for someone other than the California Democrat and three voting simply “present.”

Pelosi’s path back to House speaker wasn’t easy. Part of the reason Republicans were able to win back the House majority in 2010 was through a “Fire Pelosi” campaign that made her toxic in some Republican-leaning districts, and Republicans have run on a similar playbook for every election since, including in 2018.

A number of freshman Democrats made promises during the campaign to not support Pelosi if they were elected to Congress, and 10 stood by that vow, voting either “present” or for someone else.

A great day for American democracy. What do you think?
Not a great day. The Dems need new leadership.

Right now the "Dems" need experienced leadership. No better leader than Nancy Pelosi right now. It is a great day.
Okay, but why do you think that? If you cared about progressive policy, you would know that new leadership is needed because the Dems have become owned by corporate lobbyists just like republicans. The result is inaction on issues that actually matter.

House Democrats overwhelmingly cast their votes for the long-serving California representative on Thursday.

WASHINGTON ― After quashing a small revolt in her own caucus around Thanksgiving, Nancy Pelosi reclaimed the House speakership Thursday, becoming the first politician in 58 years to take back the gavel.

Pelosi was elected 220-192, with 12 Democrats voting for someone other than the California Democrat and three voting simply “present.”

Pelosi’s path back to House speaker wasn’t easy. Part of the reason Republicans were able to win back the House majority in 2010 was through a “Fire Pelosi” campaign that made her toxic in some Republican-leaning districts, and Republicans have run on a similar playbook for every election since, including in 2018.

A number of freshman Democrats made promises during the campaign to not support Pelosi if they were elected to Congress, and 10 stood by that vow, voting either “present” or for someone else.

Right now the "Dems" need experienced leadership. No better leader than Nancy Pelosi right now. It is a great day.

The Dems need new leadership as bad as the Republicans, these old recycled dinosaurs offer nothing but more bad news for the American middle class.

Okay, but why do you think that? If you cared about progressive policy, you would know that new leadership is needed because the Dems have become owned by corporate lobbyists just like republicans. The result is inaction on issues that actually matter.

I trust Speaker Pelosi more right now than some young radical progressive like Ocasio-Cortez who is like Bernie on steroids. She needs some experience and seasoning. I stand with Speaker Pelosi.

I trust Speaker Pelosi more right now than some young radical progressive like Ocasio-Cortez who is like Bernie on steroids. She needs some experience and seasoning. I stand with Speaker Pelosi.

Don’t stand to close behind her, she is full of gas.

Ugh, Lakhota, you might as well be a republican. I’m definitely curious what you think separates you from republicans besides you not liking their leaders like Trump and McConnell.

I mean it’s fine if you don’t like AOC or Bernie, but their political positions still matter.

Ugh, Lakhota, you might as well be a republican. I’m definitely curious what you think separates you from republicans besides you not liking their leaders like Trump and McConnell.

I mean it’s fine if you don’t like AOC or Bernie, but their political positions still matter.

I don't like radicals on either side. Our government isn't designed for rapid and radical change. Change comes methodically and slowly. Public opinion evolves slowly. Speaker Pelosi is the right person for the right time. The younger House members can learn from her experience before they take leadership.

Last edited:

I think maybe the Democrats have turned Conservative. All they can do is look back to the "good old days" rather than be the Progressives they pretend to be. And their Speaker of the House is nearly EIGHTY years old.

I don't like radicals on either side. Our government isn't designed for rapid and radical change. Change comes methodically and slowly. Public opinion evolves slowly. Speaker Pelosi is the right person for the right time. The younger House members can learn from her experience before they take leadership.
then why did she lose the leadership? it was a repeated loss.

WHY is your AH leader McConnell not letting the bill to open gov't come to the floor ? They already with bi partisanship sent it to your other AH in the WH After conferring with scum coulter hanitty and limpaw he changes his mind?

WHY is your AH leader McConnell not letting the bill to open gov't come to the floor ? They already with bi partisanship sent it to your other AH in the WH After conferring with scum coulter hanitty and limpaw he changes his mind?

Same reason Harry Reid tabled all bills affecting ACA.

They know the President isn't gong to sign them.

I don't find that funny I find it one more reason to never ever trust the slime republicans

And no chance of over riding his veto?

I'll give you one guess. but you're too stupid to answer it. So, I'd rather just give you the answer so you can at least read it.

it won't make the floor because there is no funding for the boarder wall. Are you truly that stupid? try all you want to pound that square peg in the round hole dude. try and try. fund the wall or no deal. it is quite simple. BTW, a compromise has been made and the dems refused it. so it is them not willing to open back up the government. just so the markers are set correctly. Working visas for all DACA kids. all of em. three year visas? Hell, the dems aren't even for the DACA kids anymore. when one's hate is so severe that they can't help the people, alas, they are useless.

And no chance of over riding his veto?
nope. BTW, it won't make it to the floor for a vote. so no veto. so you don't have to dream about it.

I'll give you one guess. but you're too stupid to answer it. So, I'd rather just give you the answer so you can at least read it.

it won't make the floor because there is no funding for the boarder wall. Are you truly that stupid? try all you want to pound that square peg in the round hole dude. try and try. fund the wall or no deal. it is quite simple. BTW, a compromise has been made and the dems refused it. so it is them not willing to open back up the government. just so the markers are set correctly. Working visas for all DACA kids. all of em. three year visas? Hell, the dems aren't even for the DACA kids anymore. when one's hate is so severe that they can't help the people, alas, they are useless.
The bill is THE SAME one they all agreed on Why the change ???

I don't find that funny I find it one more reason to never ever trust the slime republicans
so why isn't there funding for the wall in the bill submitted. kind of stupid to present a bill you know will fail as soon as it reaches the senate. Isn't it? why are the dems so hateful of the american citizens that they can't work with the pres?

Forum List

Back