🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CONGRATULATIONS to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Pelosi has been our best Speaker in 30 years

Good to have her back

It's only been about 20 years since Gingrich, and he was behind balancing the budget.

Think Nancy will accomplish anything on that scale?

The PAYGO fight roiling House Democrats, explained

Let me know if she gets it past the Senate before she leaves office,

You're right. The "fiscally conservative" Republican majority may not approve but it's a House rule and not legislation.

Good to have her back

It's only been about 20 years since Gingrich, and he was behind balancing the budget.

You're right. The "fiscally conservative" Republican majority may not approve but it's a House rule and not legislation.
McConnell has already stated he's not going to put up any bills the president won't sign.

Sounds a lot like Reid, doesn't he?

I sure hope not.

Notice how when Corey Booker went down to "endorse" Gillum, Gillum never said another word about single payer afterward? Booker's funded by pharma.

Dick Gephardt had a lobbying firm up and running to cockblock single payer within a month after he left "public" life. The Wall Street donor/"job creator" class always has it covered "both" ways. If the people want that, they'd better get out in the streets.
Most Democrats are backed by big Pharma.
As are Republicans
However the two biggest. Phizer and J&J

Back democrats in larger percentages.

63.3% and 52.2%

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Phizer
Republicans: $1,010,459
Democrats: $829,584

Johnson & Johnson
Republicans: $471,512
Democrats: $407,504

Pharmaceuticals / Health Products | OpenSecrets
I would. Numbers as of 2018

Pfizer is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, and based in Groton, Connecticut.

Total donations: $1,943,348

Percentage donated to Republicans: 34.8%

Percentage donated to Democrats: 64.3%.

Johnson & Johnson develops pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and is based in New Brunswick, New Jersey.

Total donations: $1,981,003

Percentage donated to Republicans: 45.4%

Percentage donated to Democrats: 52.2%

The 30 Fortune 500 companies that have thrown the most money at Republicans and Democrats in the last decade

Good to have her back

McConnell has already stated he's not going to put up any bills the president won't sign.

Sounds a lot like Reid, doesn't he?

Great.... but Paygo is a House rule. It has nothing to do with the Senate.

You don't want the House to show fiscal responsibility now?

190103144523-02-nancy-pelosi-gavel-0103-exlarge-tease.jpg

Nancy Pelosi Elected Speaker Of The House

House Democrats overwhelmingly cast their votes for the long-serving California representative on Thursday.

WASHINGTON ― After quashing a small revolt in her own caucus around Thanksgiving, Nancy Pelosi reclaimed the House speakership Thursday, becoming the first politician in 58 years to take back the gavel.

Pelosi was elected 220-192, with 12 Democrats voting for someone other than the California Democrat and three voting simply “present.”

Pelosi’s path back to House speaker wasn’t easy. Part of the reason Republicans were able to win back the House majority in 2010 was through a “Fire Pelosi” campaign that made her toxic in some Republican-leaning districts, and Republicans have run on a similar playbook for every election since, including in 2018.

A number of freshman Democrats made promises during the campaign to not support Pelosi if they were elected to Congress, and 10 stood by that vow, voting either “present” or for someone else.

A great day for American democracy. What do you think?

I think you're as lost as she is. At least she's getting rich out of it. What do you get?

Better government and oversight of Comrade Trump and his mafia criminals.
Must be why democrats have a crook heading up financial affairs.

The gift that keeps on living.

Her antics ensure a Trump landslide in 2020.

Thank you Democrats!!!!!
There's a new Democrat Party in town.

You have your base, we have ours.

Bring it bitch!
I heard Pelosi wants to do away with the debt ceiling. This could get good.

Interesting, considering that Trump has already exploded the deficit by $2 Trillion.
He is doing better than Obama.

190103144523-02-nancy-pelosi-gavel-0103-exlarge-tease.jpg

House Democrats overwhelmingly cast their votes for the long-serving California representative on Thursday.

WASHINGTON ― After quashing a small revolt in her own caucus around Thanksgiving, Nancy Pelosi reclaimed the House speakership Thursday, becoming the first politician in 58 years to take back the gavel.

Pelosi was elected 220-192, with 12 Democrats voting for someone other than the California Democrat and three voting simply “present.”

Pelosi’s path back to House speaker wasn’t easy. Part of the reason Republicans were able to win back the House majority in 2010 was through a “Fire Pelosi” campaign that made her toxic in some Republican-leaning districts, and Republicans have run on a similar playbook for every election since, including in 2018.

A number of freshman Democrats made promises during the campaign to not support Pelosi if they were elected to Congress, and 10 stood by that vow, voting either “present” or for someone else.

A great day for American democracy. What do you think?

Well, she did such a great job the first time around. :lol:

Is Trump afraid of Nancy? I think so. He should be. The worst is yet to come...
why would he be afraid of her exactly? other than it's obvious her looks would scare flies off shit.

I heard Pelosi wants to do away with the debt ceiling. This could get good.
You wouldn't happen to have a link on that, wouldja?

I doubt that's true though I do know it's very true that she's bringing back pay as you go instead of putting our nation's bills on credit.

She wasn't the only democratic leader who did that. It was started in the Clinton years. The republicans didn't follow it but Nancy did reinstitute it at the end of the bush boy years. Including increasing the number of days congress actually did their jobs. I remember when the republicans took over in the Obama years, they decreased the number of days they worked and repealed the pay as you go. Again.

So now we have a House leader who believes in paying for what she spends. What a concept huh? Well for republicans that is. They believe in cutting taxes for the rich and big business then spending like there's no tomorrow while not having the money to pay for it and adding it all to the debt and deficit. They explode debt and deficit when they get control of the government. Then turns around and points fingers of blame at democrats.

The accusation with no proof from the person you replied to is an example. Notice they "heard" that. No proof. Nothing to back it up than just they "heard." Talk about fake news. LOL.

Notice how when Corey Booker went down to "endorse" Gillum, Gillum never said another word about single payer afterward? Booker's funded by pharma.

Dick Gephardt had a lobbying firm up and running to cockblock single payer within a month after he left "public" life. The Wall Street donor/"job creator" class always has it covered "both" ways. If the people want that, they'd better get out in the streets.
As are Republicans

63.3% and 52.2%

Phizer

Johnson & Johnson

I would. Numbers as of 2018

Pfizer is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, and based in Groton, Connecticut.

Total donations: $1,943,348

Percentage donated to Republicans: 34.8%

Percentage donated to Democrats: 64.3%.

Johnson & Johnson develops pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and is based in New Brunswick, New Jersey.

Total donations: $1,981,003

Percentage donated to Republicans: 45.4%

Percentage donated to Democrats: 52.2%

The 30 Fortune 500 companies that have thrown the most money at Republicans and Democrats in the last decade

Sorry, I'm going to trust Open Secrets more than I am Forbes on this one.

Pfizer Inc: Summary | OpenSecrets

Also to Valerie's point, whatever Phizer or Johnson & Johnson gave, it's off topic.

I believe this thread was about butt hurting Republicans.

I sure hope not.

As are Republicans

63.3% and 52.2%

Phizer

Johnson & Johnson

Isn't it interesting how little some people actually know?

I would think that a person would look the information up on a impartial site as OpenSecrets as you did.

I guess those people just don't care as much about the truth as they do not wanting to show all of cyberspace what lazy fools they are.

They are good comic relief sometimes.

I hope she does better this time. She didn't help the democrats last time she held that position.

She was one of the most accomplished Speakers in recent History (post 1990)

LOL okay what did she accomplish?

For one - she kept President George W. Bush from being impeached in the House. She said it was off the table. Here's a more detailed list of some of her accomplishments:

Nancy Pelosi's List Of Accomplishments As Speaker Proves She's The Champion We Still Need

Forum List

Back