Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors who helped me PAY OFF MY CREDIT CARD TONIGHT!!!!

And don't forget Wade also won once with Shaq. Include that in that Dynasty. That's why I called it the Wade Dynasty.

I think the Miami thing was done. Bosh I believe got sick? And didn't someone sleep with his wife? And Wade was getting old?

My buddy and I had this discussion riding the bikes this weekend. It was fun. He was like, "gosh I didn't realize how many dynasty's there were in our lifetime" "being awfully liberal about who's a dynasty he said. Didn't agree the Rockets were a dynasty but he wanted to make the Bad Boys one and they only won back to back too.

So you have to have won at least what? 3 or 4 to be considered a dynasty? I think it should be 4 now.
4 would seem to be accurate. That would put you in the same neighborhood with the Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls during their heydays. Not necessarily ranking them, but it definitely puts you in the conversation.

4 would seem to be accurate. That would put you in the same neighborhood with the Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls during their heydays. Not necessarily ranking them, but it definitely puts you in the conversation.

Sorry, Larry only has 3. If you mean the Red Auerbach then I agree.

So Lakers, Bulls, Lakers, Spurs & Warriors. In my lifetime.

Now, let's rate them.

The Bulls would have beat them all
Then the Magic Johnson Lakers
Then the Spurs
Then the Kobe Lakers
Then the Warriors

Maybe the Kobe Lakers were better than the Spurs?

I don't think the Warriors would beat any of these other 4 dynasties.

Sorry, Larry only has 3. If you mean the Red Auerbach then I agree.

So Lakers, Bulls, Lakers, Spurs & Warriors. In my lifetime.

Now, let's rate them.

The Bulls would have beat them all
Then the Magic Johnson Lakers
Then the Spurs
Then the Kobe Lakers
Then the Warriors

Maybe the Kobe Lakers were better than the Spurs?

I don't think the Warriors would beat any of these other 4 dynasties.
Actually I believe the Kobe Lakers and Spurs would be very close

Spurs won in 99
Lakers won 3 in a row
Spurs won again in 2003
Lakers Make the finals and lose to the Pistons. End of the Shaq/Kobe era. But at least they made the finals.
Spurs win 2005 and 2007
Lakers lose in 2008 and win 2009 and 2010
Spurs lose 2013 and win 2014

6 appearances for the Spurs and 5 wins.
5 wins 7 appearances for the Lakers?

Slight edge to the Lakers

The 80s really were all Lakers-Celtics, with the 76ers or Rockets pulling the occasional upset (I have no issue with Dr. J and Moses Malone getting a title in there). The Pistons had a good 3 year run, then Pippen and Jordan knocked them out. The Lakers-Bulls final seemed like the torch officially being passed to Jordan and the Bulls. The Spurs would be higher if they had a back to back in there. I give them credit for a long run of excellence though.
I just did a comparison. Lakers 5 titles 7 appearances and Tim Duncan Spurs have 5 titles in 6 appearances. Got to give the Lakers credit for reaching the finals one more time than the Spurs. Edge Lakers.

Forum List

Back