Congratulations to the GOP

Thanks, but the GOP didn't actually DO anything to earn a congratulations. OK, they didn't screw up their campaigns, so maybe they did do something.

The Senate is now controlled by the GOP. Congratulations.

At least now we can minimize the damage that little idiot will do. Go shoot dice, smoke crack, and have some quality time with your very, very special friend Eric Holder, Mr. President. Better be quick about it because that little prick may be spending time in a jail cell really soon. What a miserable disaster you'll blot American history pages as. You know the old saw, Mr. President: either lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way. Now git.

There is one devil of a problem the GOP has now. How can they change from obstructionist to a law making organization. I don't see it happening and 2016 is a very big problem where things may reverse across the board. The GOP has 2 years to get off their asses and get to work. If not, get ready for one hell of a rout.

There is one devil of a problem the GOP has now. How can they change from obstructionist to a law making organization. I don't see it happening and 2016 is a very big problem where things may reverse across the board. The GOP has 2 years to get off their asses and get to work. If not, get ready for one hell of a rout.

They're quite likely to face an obstructionist President and his Democratic minions in Congress.

While I think the GOP has a very good chance of fucking up a victory, it's not they who have to pass laws. It's the President who now has to figure out a way to pass his wanted legislation while explaining the vetoes for all the GOP jobs bills that have been gathering dust on Harry Reid's desk.

GOP sent 300 bills to senate and passed a budget. Harry Reid did neither. We're not the obstructionist. Get new talking point. America rejected your ideology soundly.

GOP sent 300 bills to senate and passed a budget. Harry Reid did neither. We're not the obstructionist. Get new talking point. America rejected your ideology soundly.

I reviewed 50 bills sent to the Senate. 47 looked like a Christmas Shopping List for Corporations with all the riders put on them. Now I see those same bills being reintroduced exactly as written and vetoed. The GOP has 2 years to get things fixed or in 2016, look for one hell of a rout along with another Dem for President. If they find a way to fix things then 2016 might be a golden year. Since it's pretty much the same people I don't see any drastic changes no matter what McConnel says.

I reviewed 50 bills sent to the Senate. 47 looked like a Christmas Shopping List for Corporations with all the riders put on them. Now I see those same bills being reintroduced exactly as written and vetoed. The GOP has 2 years to get things fixed or in 2016, look for one hell of a rout along with another Dem for President. If they find a way to fix things then 2016 might be a golden year. Since it's pretty much the same people I don't see any drastic changes no matter what McConnel says.

The GOP will now be sending bills to Barack Obama's desk, Daryl and it's going to be up to the President and his supporters to explain vetoes of things like the Keystone Pipeline. No more hiding behind Harry Reid for this President.

Reid has been the biggest obstructionist the Senate has ever seen. He's a Repub right? Oh wait....no...he's the Democrat leader of the Senate. Ooooops.

The GOP will now be sending bills to Barack Obama's desk, Daryl and it's going to be up to the President and his supporters to explain vetoes of things like the Keystone Pipeline. No more hiding behind Harry Reid for this President.

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that every poison pill will be vetoed.

Good night for Republicans. Not actually a terrible night for Democrats, who didn't lose nearly as bad as they did in 2010. If you think back just 20 years, Democratic senate candidates kept things relatively close in states like Kentucky, Georgia, and other places that used to go easily Republican and by about 20 points. They only lost these races by single digits.

Everything changes now. Republicans are no longer the opposition. They now get to govern and I'm interested in seeing what they decide to do now that they're in a position of leadership.

John McCain now becomes head of the Armed Services Committee, and he has said we should end the sequester on the Pentagon. He is pushing for additional defense spending.

Some Republicans are pushing for more tax cuts.

Those two priorities cost money. What will they cut? Will they now try to raise some revenue so they can pay for their stuff?

This is going to be an interesting 2 years.

They're quite likely to face an obstructionist President and his Democratic minions in Congress.

LOL.... ya think???

Congress passed a budget in December 2013 and the President signed it.

Forum List

Back