Congress Approved $2.4 Trillion In Additional Debt During Fiscal Year 2018: Watchdog

The Congressional Budget Office. It doesn't get any more credible than that.

Well, yeah actually it does. The CBO is famous for it poor predictions. I gave a link to the Treasury with the exact numbers.

First, I never said the deficit increase was $22 billion. Can't you read?

I left off a 2 when typing in the number, so sue me.

Second, you keep insisting my claim was that the GDP growth increase cancels out the entire deficit. It's not what I said and you know it.

It does not matter if you said it cancels out part of or all of it, the whole idea has no merit and no logic behind it.

The argument from the left was that Trump's tax cuts would increase the deficit. The Republican's argument was that a modest increase in the GDP would cancel out that INCREASE (not the EXISTING deficit).

In this case, the Dems were right, the GDP will not rise enough to cancel out the increase, even if such a thing made any sense. The tax cuts decreased revenue, which I proved to you in my last post, with the numbers straight out of the Monthly Treasury Statement.

I haven't parroted ANY talking points, I stated FACTS and backed them up with a link to the CBO. You don't like those facts because they prove you wrong, so you ignore them.

you keep parroting the talking point that the GPD will cancel out the INCREASE in the debt. If that really happened, we would not have a debt that is 105% larger than our GDP.

Dems ran up the debt nearly ten trillion, doubling the overall debt.

Bullshit. Stimulus added 800 billion, but our debt increase was primarily caused by tax-cuts, unfinanced wars and Great Recession.

10-10-12bud_rev2-28-13-f1.jpg

Nice monkey math. We’re not talking about hypotheticals or “taking into account...”, we’re talking about the actual deficit. Dems have never demonstrated the ability to decrease it. You might want to accept the fact that the “Bush tax cuts” were extended by Dems that had a super majority in Congress and signed into law by your beloved Hussein.

Dummy actual deficits have ACTUAL CAUSES. Don't want to use that reasoned aproach? Fine lets not.

Bush inherited a surplus, left office with 1.3T dollar deficit budget for 2009 (fiscal year that started October 2008).

Obama inherited 1.3T dollar deficit, left office with 600B deficit.

Trump inherited 600 Billion dollar deficit and it ALREADY UP TO 900B this year.

Bullshit. Stimulus added 800 billion, but our debt increase was primarily caused by tax-cuts, unfinanced wars and Great Recession.

Nice monkey math. We’re not talking about hypotheticals or “taking into account...”, we’re talking about the actual deficit. Dems have never demonstrated the ability to decrease it. You might want to accept the fact that the “Bush tax cuts” were extended by Dems that had a super majority in Congress and signed into law by your beloved Hussein.

Dummy actual deficits have ACTUAL CAUSES. Don't want to use that reasoned aproach? Fine lets not.

Bush inherited a surplus, left office with 1.3T dollar deficit budget for 2009 (fiscal year that started October 2008).

Deficits and debt are 2 different things

the fact that you want to quibble about deficits when both parties continue to run up the debt is more proof that none of you idiots give a flying or any other kind of fuck about the debt just like the the idiot politicians you vote for

the fact that you want to quibble about deficits when both parties continue to run up the debt is more proof that none of you idiots give a flying or any other kind of fuck about the debt just like the the idiot politicians you vote for

Debt is made of deficits dummy, it’s a pretty direct relationship.

Generally speaking Democrats care about deficits and debt more than Republicans, more willing to compromise to get this issue solved.

Generally speaking Democrats care about deficits and debt more than Republicans, more willing to compromise to get this issue solved.

and it doesn't fucking matter because EVERY single president since Coolidge has added to the debt even Clinton even though you get a hard on over his surplus

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE DEBT

Not you or any asshole politician you vote for the proof is evident

Don't be stupid , I detest Bush but he "inherited" a "projected" surplus.

Congress approved $2.4 trillion in additional debt during fiscal year 2018: Watchdog

In April, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that debt held by the public would rise from $14.6 trillion in 2017 to $27.1 trillion in 2027.

“At a time when debt is already at record-high levels and growing unsustainably, the $2.4 trillion added to the projected debt over the past year is incredibly irresponsible," CFRB wrong in a blog post. "These changes alone will increase projected debt from 86 percent of GDP to 94 percent."

We will now observe the pseudocons demonstrating they are literally physically incapable of uttering a single syllable of criticism toward Trump about his astronomical deficits, despite being very, very vocal about deficits when the black guy was President.

In fact, we will see them look at the facts, and stupidly sputter, "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Obama!" rather than admit they hired an apprentice President who is an even bigger spender than his predecessor.

Even worse, they will go full Keynes and claim all that overspending is good for the economy!

The GOP only (pretends) to care about deficits when they are not the majority.

What is interesting is here we are racking up RECORD debt, all while Trump & his base are screaming the economy is GREAT.

Well, if the economy is GREAT then that is when we should be paying down debt; NOT increasing debt.

Trump is a dick head & an ass hole for saddling the US with exponential debt when he is telling the world how GREAT the economy is.

Congress approved $2.4 trillion in additional debt during fiscal year 2018: Watchdog

In April, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that debt held by the public would rise from $14.6 trillion in 2017 to $27.1 trillion in 2027.

“At a time when debt is already at record-high levels and growing unsustainably, the $2.4 trillion added to the projected debt over the past year is incredibly irresponsible," CFRB wrong in a blog post. "These changes alone will increase projected debt from 86 percent of GDP to 94 percent."

We will now observe the pseudocons demonstrating they are literally physically incapable of uttering a single syllable of criticism toward Trump about his astronomical deficits, despite being very, very vocal about deficits when the black guy was President.

In fact, we will see them look at the facts, and stupidly sputter, "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Obama!" rather than admit they hired an apprentice President who is an even bigger spender than his predecessor.

Even worse, they will go full Keynes and claim all that overspending is good for the economy!

What is interesting is here we are racking up RECORD debt, all while Trump & his base are screaming the economy is GREAT.

Well, if the economy is GREAT then that is when we should be paying down debt; NOT increasing debt.

Trump is a dick head & an ass hole for saddling the US with exponential debt when he is telling the world how GREAT the economy is.

You're an idiot for thinking that there is an ounce of difference between any of them

You're an idiot for thinking that there is an ounce of difference between any of them

I did not imply my thoughts whatsoever but if you think you can read minds then you are most likely in the wrong business

You're confusing the total deficit with the INCREASE in the existing deficit. I posted a link from the CBO, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge the statistics from a credible website. And according to the "credible link", the deficit increased by $222 billion. It does NOT take a 6.6% increase in the GDP to cancel out $222 billion. You're full of shit.

I posted a link to the US Fucking government's own site for tracking the debt, how much more credible would you like

Since the GDP was not canceling out the previous deficit, one would need to do more than just cancel out the change in the deficit, which by the way is way more than 22 billion. The 2017 deficit was 665 billion, the deficit for the first 283 days 2018 is $1,109,539,370,085, which puts us on pace for a total deficit for CY18 of
$1,431,031,343,042, which will even top Obama for the largest deficit ever.

It is clear you have no clue what you are talking about, you cannot provide any or your own numbers or calculations, you just keep parroting the party talking points.

Obama didn't create that 1.4 trillion dollar deficit.

Obama was handed that 1.4 trillion dollar deficit from the bush boy.

Obama slashed the bush boy's historic deficit high of 1.4 trillion by nearly 1 trillion dollars by the time he left office.

trump has reversed Obama's responsible deficit reduction and has in two years brought it close to the historic high the bush boy created.

and he inherited the tech bubble and the law that Clinton signed at the end of his last term that made too big to fail possible

And before any of you idiots start saying I'm defending Bush I'm not I am merely pointing out facts

I did not imply my thoughts whatsoever but if you think you can read minds then you are most likely in the wrong business

LOL. You didn't "imply" anything its quite clear you think Dems actually about you

The Congressional Budget Office. It doesn't get any more credible than that.

Well, yeah actually it does. The CBO is famous for it poor predictions. I gave a link to the Treasury with the exact numbers.

First, I never said the deficit increase was $22 billion. Can't you read?

I left off a 2 when typing in the number, so sue me.

Second, you keep insisting my claim was that the GDP growth increase cancels out the entire deficit. It's not what I said and you know it.

It does not matter if you said it cancels out part of or all of it, the whole idea has no merit and no logic behind it.

The argument from the left was that Trump's tax cuts would increase the deficit. The Republican's argument was that a modest increase in the GDP would cancel out that INCREASE (not the EXISTING deficit).

In this case, the Dems were right, the GDP will not rise enough to cancel out the increase, even if such a thing made any sense. The tax cuts decreased revenue, which I proved to you in my last post, with the numbers straight out of the Monthly Treasury Statement.

I haven't parroted ANY talking points, I stated FACTS and backed them up with a link to the CBO. You don't like those facts because they prove you wrong, so you ignore them.

you keep parroting the talking point that the GPD will cancel out the INCREASE in the debt. If that really happened, we would not have a debt that is 105% larger than our GDP.
Deny, deny, deny. Obama doubles the debt and gives us the slowest continuing GDP growth in history. Trump comes along and reverses Obama's policies, gives us record low unemployment, higher wages, higher GDP growth, and all you're able to do is point to a slight increase in the deficit and try to hold him responsible for 200 years worth of debt (half of which belongs to Obama). And sticking to your liberal talking points you just can't bring himself to give Trump credit for anything but happy to blame him for the disasters of his predecessor. You can go back to wringing your hands now and whining about Donald Trump's booming economy. I'll be enjoying some of the newfound prosperity we never saw for 8 years under the Kenyan dictator. See ya.

Deny, deny, deny. Obama doubles the debt and gives us the slowest continuing GDP growth in history. Trump comes along and reverses Obama's policies, gives us record low unemployment, higher wages, higher GDP growth, and all you're able to do is point to a slight increase in the deficit and try to hold him responsible for 200 years worth of debt (half of which belongs to Obama). And sticking to your liberal talking points you just can't bring himself to give Trump credit for anything but happy to blame him for the disasters of his predecessor. You can go back to wringing your hands now and whining about Donald Trump's booming economy. I'll be enjoying some of the newfound prosperity we never saw for 8 years under the Kenyan dictator. See ya.

A slight increase in the deficit...:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

91.2% increase year to year is not a slight increase!

Unemployment has been dropping since 2010, nothing changed after the election.

Wages have been going up since 2011, nothing changed after the election.

So far we have had one quarter out of 6 that was "higher" GDP growth.

I have never blamed Trump for any of the debt except that which was added under his watch, quit lying.

I blamed Obama and I will blame Trump.

My prosperity is not newly found, during the Obama years my household income more than tripped, and my net worth went up 5 fold. Of course none of it had to do with who was sitting in the White House, unlike you I do not tie my success to the POTUS, I make my own path.

Perhaps you would be happier if you tried this, instead of relying on the POTUS to give you success.

But, that is what you statist do, rely on the government for everything.

Oh, the pseudocons cared about the debt a great deal when the black guy was in office. There wasn't a day that went by for EIGHT YEARS when we didn't hear one of them whining about it. You even started a few topics about the debt yourself.

Shit, Obama hadn't even been sworn in yet when you started whining! Obama: "trillion dollar deficits for years to come"

And suddenly you have all gone dark when it comes to Trump's debt. Where's your "trillion dollar deficits for years to come" Trump topic?

You can't wash off the stench of hypocrisy. It will never go away.

Last edited:
It's simple fact Trump has ACCELERATED our deficits. It took Obama eight years to get the trillion dollar deficits down below half a trillion.

In less than one quarter of that time, Trump has blasted the deficit right back up to a trillion dollars.

You people REEK of hypocrisy with your silent consent!

Republicans SUSPENDED THE DEBT CEILING, until March of 2019

The budget deal that President Trump signed into law Friday morning has plenty of critics. But it would do one unarguably good thing: avert a debt ceiling crisis for the next year.

And yet the bipartisan deal accomplishes that in a back-door way -- by suspending the legal cap on U.S. borrowing for a year.

The debt limit is currently set at $20.456 trillion. Rather than raise that limit by a specific dollar amount -- which would require publicly acknowledging the country's costs going forward -- lawmakers chose to suspend the limit through March 1, 2019.

A suspension lets the U.S. Treasury borrow as needed to satisfy the country's legal obligations in full and on time. Those obligations include everything from veteran benefits and military paychecks to contractor fees and bills incurred by all federal programs.

Once the suspension ends, the amount borrowed during the suspension period will be added to the legal debt limit.

"Politically, it's easier to pass a suspension," said Shai Akabas, director of economic policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center.

Related: Trillion-dollar deficits will hit sooner than expected

In this case, more than a trillion dollars easier.

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates that by March 2019, the new debt limit could be reset as high as $22 trillion, or $1.5 trillion higher than where it is today.

That reflects both the borrowing needs to pay the country's bills during the suspension period plus the costs of the special accounting measures that Treasury has been using since December 8, when the last suspension ended.

The sneaky way Congress plans to raise the debt ceiling

and he inherited the tech bubble and the law that Clinton signed at the end of his last term that made too big to fail possible

And before any of you idiots start saying I'm defending Bush I'm not I am merely pointing out facts

Which has nothing to do with my post

and it doesn't fucking matter because EVERY single president since Coolidge has added to the debt even Clinton even though you get a hard on over his surplus

Not you or any asshole politician you vote for the proof is evident

Yes it does matter silly. $1 defict increases debt, but IT IS in fact very different from 1.3T deficit, IT IS in fact very different from $900B deficit.

Quantities and direction not only matter, they are crucial to the issue.

Our deficits have gone down under Clinton, have gone down under Obama and increased under all Republicans that have stepped into the office starting with Reagan.

Trump will have trillion dollar deficits ASSUMING GOOD ECONOMY....and if it goes sour? Then we are really fucked.

Last edited:

A slight increase in the deficit...:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

91.2% increase year to year is not a slight increase!

Unemployment has been dropping since 2010, nothing changed after the election.

Wages have been going up since 2011, nothing changed after the election.

So far we have had one quarter out of 6 that was "higher" GDP growth.

I have never blamed Trump for any of the debt except that which was added under his watch, quit lying.

I blamed Obama and I will blame Trump.

My prosperity is not newly found, during the Obama years my household income more than tripped, and my net worth went up 5 fold. Of course none of it had to do with who was sitting in the White House, unlike you I do not tie my success to the POTUS, I make my own path.

Perhaps you would be happier if you tried this, instead of relying on the POTUS to give you success.

But, that is what you statist do, rely on the government for everything.
Keep repeating your leftist talking points, it's all you have.
91.2% increase. :21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Forum List

Back