Congress Approved $2.4 Trillion In Additional Debt During Fiscal Year 2018: Watchdog

The Congressional Budget Office. It doesn't get any more credible than that.

Well, yeah actually it does. The CBO is famous for it poor predictions. I gave a link to the Treasury with the exact numbers.

First, I never said the deficit increase was $22 billion. Can't you read?

I left off a 2 when typing in the number, so sue me.

Second, you keep insisting my claim was that the GDP growth increase cancels out the entire deficit. It's not what I said and you know it.

It does not matter if you said it cancels out part of or all of it, the whole idea has no merit and no logic behind it.

The argument from the left was that Trump's tax cuts would increase the deficit. The Republican's argument was that a modest increase in the GDP would cancel out that INCREASE (not the EXISTING deficit).

In this case, the Dems were right, the GDP will not rise enough to cancel out the increase, even if such a thing made any sense. The tax cuts decreased revenue, which I proved to you in my last post, with the numbers straight out of the Monthly Treasury Statement.

I haven't parroted ANY talking points, I stated FACTS and backed them up with a link to the CBO. You don't like those facts because they prove you wrong, so you ignore them.

you keep parroting the talking point that the GPD will cancel out the INCREASE in the debt. If that really happened, we would not have a debt that is 105% larger than our GDP.
Deny, deny, deny. Obama doubles the debt and gives us the slowest continuing GDP growth in history. Trump comes along and reverses Obama's policies, gives us record low unemployment, higher wages, higher GDP growth, and all you're able to do is point to a slight increase in the deficit and try to hold him responsible for 200 years worth of debt (half of which belongs to Obama). And sticking to your liberal talking points you just can't bring himself to give Trump credit for anything but happy to blame him for the disasters of his predecessor. You can go back to wringing your hands now and whining about Donald Trump's booming economy. I'll be enjoying some of the newfound prosperity we never saw for 8 years under the Kenyan dictator. See ya.
Wages are stagnant. He is giving us higher deficits.

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE DEBT
Oh, the pseudocons cared about the debt a great deal when the black guy was in office. There wasn't a day that went by for EIGHT YEARS when we didn't hear one of them whining about it. You even started a few topics about the debt yourself.

Shit, Obama hadn't even been sworn in yet when you started whining! Obama: "trillion dollar deficits for years to come"

And suddenly you have all gone dark when it comes to Trump's debt. Where's your "trillion dollar deficits for years to come" Trump topic?

You can't wash off the stench of hypocrisy. It will never go away.

No they don't just like the dems don't

These idiots only complain when the other guy runs up debt but say nothing when it's their guy kind of like you with Reagan.

and you're just realizing that politicians are hypocrites?\

HAve you been living under a rock?

oh and BTW you're a hypocrite too

Nice monkey math. We’re not talking about hypotheticals or “taking into account...”, we’re talking about the actual deficit. Dems have never demonstrated the ability to decrease it. You might want to accept the fact that the “Bush tax cuts” were extended by Dems that had a super majority in Congress and signed into law by your beloved Hussein.

Dummy actual deficits have ACTUAL CAUSES. Don't want to use that reasoned aproach? Fine lets not.

Bush inherited a surplus, left office with 1.3T dollar deficit budget for 2009 (fiscal year that started October 2008).

Obama inherited 1.3T dollar deficit, left office with 600B deficit.

Trump inherited 600 Billion dollar deficit and it ALREADY UP TO 900B this year.
Deficits and debt are 2 different things

the fact that you want to quibble about deficits when both parties continue to run up the debt is more proof that none of you idiots give a flying or any other kind of fuck about the debt just like the the idiot politicians you vote for

Debt is made of deficits dummy, it’s a pretty direct relationship.

Generally speaking Democrats care about deficits and debt more than Republicans, more willing to compromise to get this issue solved.

and it doesn't fucking matter because EVERY single president since Coolidge has added to the debt even Clinton even though you get a hard on over his surplus

Not you or any asshole politician you vote for the proof is evident

Yes it does matter silly. $1 defict increases debt, but IT IS in fact very different from 1.3T deficit, IT IS in fact very different from $900B deficit.

Quantities and direction not only matter, they are crucial to the issue.

Our deficits have gone down under Clinton, have gone down under Obama and increased under all Republicans that have stepped into the office starting with Reagan.

Trump will have trillion dollar deficits ASSUMING GOOD ECONOMY....and if it goes sour? Then we are really fucked.

EVERY PRESIDENT SINCE COOLIDGE HAS INCREASED THE DEBT

ergo no one who has been in office or who has voted for anyone since then gives a shit about the debt

that includes you

Bullshit. Stimulus added 800 billion, but our debt increase was primarily caused by tax-cuts, unfinanced wars and Great Recession.

10-10-12bud_rev2-28-13-f1.jpg

Nice monkey math. We’re not talking about hypotheticals or “taking into account...”, we’re talking about the actual deficit. Dems have never demonstrated the ability to decrease it. You might want to accept the fact that the “Bush tax cuts” were extended by Dems that had a super majority in Congress and signed into law by your beloved Hussein.

Dummy actual deficits have ACTUAL CAUSES. Don't want to use that reasoned aproach? Fine lets not.

Bush inherited a surplus, left office with 1.3T dollar deficit budget for 2009 (fiscal year that started October 2008).

Don't be stupid , I detest Bush but he "inherited" a "projected" surplus.

and he inherited the tech bubble and the law that Clinton signed at the end of his last term that made too big to fail possible

And before any of you idiots start saying I'm defending Bush I'm not I am merely pointing out facts
Bullshit. Stimulus added 800 billion, but our debt increase was primarily caused by tax-cuts, unfinanced wars and Great Recession.

and he inherited the tech bubble and the law that Clinton signed at the end of his last term that made too big to fail possible

And before any of you idiots start saying I'm defending Bush I'm not I am merely pointing out facts

Which has nothing to do with my post

you want to talk about what presidents inherited so at least be thorough if not honest

Keep repeating your leftist talking points, it's all you have.
91.2% increase. :21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

you are not very good at math, so let me help you out.

The deficit for 2017 was $665 billion.

The deficit for FY18 is 1.27 trillion.

Percent of change is determined by this formula... (New Number - original Number)/Original Number

so in this case we have 1.27-.665/.665...the result of which is rounded to equal 91%.

Thus, the increase in the deficit from 17 to 18 was 91%.

No charge for this math lesson, it is on the house. someone as stupid as you needs all the help they can get.

Now, get back to waiting for the government to make your life better, it seems to be all you have.

Which has nothing to do with my post

you want to talk about what presidents inherited so at least be thorough if not honest

LOL, apparently context eludes you. You are dismissed

From the CBO website:

Monthly Budget Review for August 2018
The federal budget deficit was $895 billion for the first 11 months of fiscal year 2018, the Congressional Budget Office estimates, $222 billion more than the shortfall recorded during the same period last year. Revenues were 1 percent higher than in the same period in fiscal year 2017, but outlays rose by about 7 percent.
As was the case last year, this year’s outlays were affected by shifts in the timing of certain payments that otherwise would have been due on a weekend or a holiday. If not for those shifts, the increase in the deficit would have been smaller: The deficit for the 11-month period would have been $154 billion larger than last year’s amount. Excluding the effects of those timing shifts, the increase in outlays was 4.7 percent, and about one-quarter of the increase was for interest on the public debt.
https://www.cbo.gov/system/files?file=2018-09/54442-MBR.pdf

Sure doesn't look like a 91.2% increase to me. So much for your "math skills". Oh, the CBO must be lying, right? :lol:

Well, yeah actually it does. The CBO is famous for it poor predictions. I gave a link to the Treasury with the exact numbers.

Second, you keep insisting my claim was that the GDP growth increase cancels out the entire deficit. It's not what I said and you know it.

It does not matter if you said it cancels out part of or all of it, the whole idea has no merit and no logic behind it.

The argument from the left was that Trump's tax cuts would increase the deficit. The Republican's argument was that a modest increase in the GDP would cancel out that INCREASE (not the EXISTING deficit).

In this case, the Dems were right, the GDP will not rise enough to cancel out the increase, even if such a thing made any sense. The tax cuts decreased revenue, which I proved to you in my last post, with the numbers straight out of the Monthly Treasury Statement.

I haven't parroted ANY talking points, I stated FACTS and backed them up with a link to the CBO. You don't like those facts because they prove you wrong, so you ignore them.

you keep parroting the talking point that the GPD will cancel out the INCREASE in the debt. If that really happened, we would not have a debt that is 105% larger than our GDP.
Deny, deny, deny. Obama doubles the debt and gives us the slowest continuing GDP growth in history. Trump comes along and reverses Obama's policies, gives us record low unemployment, higher wages, higher GDP growth, and all you're able to do is point to a slight increase in the deficit and try to hold him responsible for 200 years worth of debt (half of which belongs to Obama). And sticking to your liberal talking points you just can't bring himself to give Trump credit for anything but happy to blame him for the disasters of his predecessor. You can go back to wringing your hands now and whining about Donald Trump's booming economy. I'll be enjoying some of the newfound prosperity we never saw for 8 years under the Kenyan dictator. See ya.
Bush nearly doubled the debt and increased GDP at a lower rate than Obama.

Let’s see your post about that.....

From the CBO website:

The federal budget deficit was $895 billion for the first 11 months of fiscal year 2018, the Congressional Budget Office estimates, $222 billion more than the shortfall recorded during the same period last year. Revenues were 1 percent higher than in the same period in fiscal year 2017, but outlays rose by about 7 percent.
As was the case last year, this year’s outlays were affected by shifts in the timing of certain payments that otherwise would have been due on a weekend or a holiday. If not for those shifts, the increase in the deficit would have been smaller: The deficit for the 11-month period would have been $154 billion larger than last year’s amount. Excluding the effects of those timing shifts, the increase in outlays was 4.7 percent, and about one-quarter of the increase was for interest on the public debt.

Sure doesn't look like a 91.2% increase to me. So much for your "math skills". Oh, the CBO must be lying, right? :lol:

Let's try this one more time. From the Treasury Dept...
Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

FY-18 started on 1 Oct 2017. On that date the total Fed debt was $20,244,900,016,053
FY-18 ended on 30 Sept 2018. On that date the total Fed debt was $21,516,058,183,180
That is a total difference of $1,271,158,167,127. That is what the deficit was for FY18. This is not an estimate like the CBO is using, these are exact figures.

The total deficit for FY17 was $671,455,302,117. That is a growth of the deficit in one year of $599,702,865,010.

Which actually is only an 89% growth when you take out the rounding for each year.

So, you are correct, using rounded numbers made my math off by 2%.

So, I will admit I was mistaken, the change in the deficit was not 91.2% it was 89.3%.

Either way, that is not a small change.

The first $Trillion dollar deficits were signed into law by BUSH that ran until October 2009!!! Obama Reduced the Deficit Every Year!

Deficits and debt are 2 different things

the fact that you want to quibble about deficits when both parties continue to run up the debt is more proof that none of you idiots give a flying or any other kind of fuck about the debt just like the the idiot politicians you vote for

Debt is made of deficits dummy, it’s a pretty direct relationship.

Generally speaking Democrats care about deficits and debt more than Republicans, more willing to compromise to get this issue solved.

and it doesn't fucking matter because EVERY single president since Coolidge has added to the debt even Clinton even though you get a hard on over his surplus

Not you or any asshole politician you vote for the proof is evident

Yes it does matter silly. $1 defict increases debt, but IT IS in fact very different from 1.3T deficit, IT IS in fact very different from $900B deficit.

Quantities and direction not only matter, they are crucial to the issue.

Our deficits have gone down under Clinton, have gone down under Obama and increased under all Republicans that have stepped into the office starting with Reagan.

Trump will have trillion dollar deficits ASSUMING GOOD ECONOMY....and if it goes sour? Then we are really fucked.

EVERY PRESIDENT SINCE COOLIDGE HAS INCREASED THE DEBT

ergo no one who has been in office or who has voted for anyone since then gives a shit about the debt

that includes you

You can't tell a difference between adding $1 to debt and $10 Trillion

ergo you are a fucking moron.

The first $Trillion dollar deficits were signed into law by BUSH that ran until October 2009!!! Obama Reduced the Deficit Every Year!

Well thats not exactly true - Bush submitted the budget to Congress, Obama signed it in 2009.

Obama added 200 billion in Stimulus spending for that year.

Actually, FY2008 was the first trillion dollar deficit.

I think you are mistaken.

US Federal Deficit by Year - plus charts and analysis

upload_2018-10-12_12-26-10.png

Dems ran up the debt nearly ten trillion, doubling the overall debt.

We had a surplus budget in 2000 and 2001, budgets were balanced and in fact would still be balanced if it wasn't for all the tax-cutting, wars, other spending and economy slightly better handled.

From the CBO website:

FY-18 started on 1 Oct 2017. On that date the total Fed debt was $20,244,900,016,053
FY-18 ended on 30 Sept 2018. On that date the total Fed debt was $21,516,058,183,180
That is a total difference of $1,271,158,167,127. That is what the deficit was for FY18. This is not an estimate like the CBO is using, these are exact figures.

The total deficit for FY17 was $671,455,302,117. That is a growth of the deficit in one year of $599,702,865,010.

Which actually is only an 89% growth when you take out the rounding for each year.

So, I will admit I was mistaken, the change in the deficit was not 91.2% it was 89.3%.

An additional $222 billion from $674 billion is not 89.3%, it's 33%. AND, as the CBO stated, " As was the case last year, this year’s outlays were affected by shifts in the timing of certain payments that otherwise would have been due on a weekend or a holiday. If not for those shifts, the increase in the deficit would have been smaller: The deficit for the 11-month period would have been $154 billion larger than last year’s amount.".
That would be a 23% increase. So much for your math skills.

From the CBO website:

An additional $222 billion from $674 billion is not 89.3%, it's 33%. AND, as the CBO stated, " As was the case last year, this year’s outlays were affected by shifts in the timing of certain payments that otherwise would have been due on a weekend or a holiday. If not for those shifts, the increase in the deficit would have been smaller: The deficit for the 11-month period would have been $154 billion larger than last year’s amount.".
That would be a 23% increase. So much for your math skills.

It is not an additional $222 billion, it is an additional 599,702,865,010. I gave you the numbers, are you too stupid to understand more than 3 numbers?

You are such a mindless sheep. I gave you the link, I gave you the exact numbers down to the dollar and you still shove your head up Trump's ass and ignore them.

Dems ran up the debt nearly ten trillion, doubling the overall debt.

We had a surplus budget in 2000 and 2001, budgets were balanced and in fact would still be balanced if it wasn't for all the tax-cutting, wars, other spending and economy slightly better handled.

Sorry, all smoke and mirror's. Look an off the books item. The Fed was sitting on an unfunded 10 trillion issue with SS

I think you are mistaken.

US Federal Deficit by Year - plus charts and analysis

View attachment 222191
09/30/2008 ... 10,024,724,896,912.49
09/30/2007 ..... 9,007,653,372,262.48

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2018

Welcome to another edition of It's Okay When Trump Does It!

Forum List

Back