Congressman Grimm to Resign Tomorrow

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This asshole could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money by not running for reelection in the first place. Now they're on the hook for a special election. Then again, they kind of deserve it for reelecting him despite knowing how corrupt he is.

Michael Grimm To Resign From Congress Reports

Great news.

Report N.Y. Rep. Grimm to resign in wake of tax plea

Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y., plans to resign from the House in the wake of his guilty plea in a tax evasion case, the New York Daily News reportedlate Monday, citing an unnamed source.

Grimm was charged in April with hiding more than $1 million in revenue from a restaurant he owned before he ran for Congress; he maintained his innocence and was re-elected in November.

This asshole could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money by not running for reelection in the first place. Now they're on the hook for a special election. Then again, they kind of deserve it for reelecting him despite knowing how corrupt he is.

Michael Grimm To Resign From Congress Reports

I'm not sure they knew he was corrupt. After all, Hannity or rush didn't tell them about it, and you know teabaggers wouldn't believe it from anyone else anyway.

Republicans see tax evasion as their patriotic duty, I am surprised the guy resigned.
Al Sharpton hasn't.
When was Sharpton elected to congress?
Republicans see tax evasion as their patriotic duty, I am surprised the guy resigned.
Al Sharpton hasn't.

What duly elected office does he hold?

What gerrymandering, voter suppression, vote theft did he commit to get elected?
He is a tax cheat. I guess you only go to jail if you're a politician.

btw, I think this guy should go to jail, too.

this is what favoring incumbents and wild wild west campaign financing gets us on both sides of the aisle. Not to mention gerrymandering.

As you know, I've been following this topic for some time ;)

Al Sharpton hasn't.
Sharpton is far more dangerous walking the streets of America than is Grimm walking the halls of Congress. :slap:
That is a matter of opinion, but Sharpton is not the topic at hand. The topic is a guy who refused to drop his run for office in the face of an indictment and is now probably going to cost his state a fair sum to hold a special election to replace him before he was even sworn in. What an egomaniac this guy must be.

Al Sharpton hasn't.
Sharpton is far more dangerous walking the streets of America than is Grimm walking the halls of Congress. :slap:
That is a matter of opinion, but Sharpton is not the topic at hand. The topic is a guy who refused to drop his run for office in the face of an indictment and is now probably going to cost his state a fair sum to hold a special election to replace him before he was even sworn in. What an egomaniac this guy must be.
So the guy is a shithead. And? If he were a Democrat you'd be making excuses all over the place.

Forum List

Back