Congressman Grimm to Resign Tomorrow

Show me where I did.
When are you calling for Charlie Rangel, Alcee Hastings, or Chaka Fattah to resign?
When were they indicted on felony tax fraud?
So the standard now is "indicted"?
What is your standard? Unsubstantiated rumor?
Smidgen of corruption.

So, "unsubstantiated rumor" is okay with you.

No proof, due process?
When it's a democrat it's more than good enough for the likes of him. Conservatives hate due process anyway.

bout time. he should have done it before the election
So remind me what your opinion was on the dem in Louisiana that not only won reelection but Pelosi complained she couldn't promote him to a better subcommittee because of the charges? You remember, the one that got caught taking a bribe and they found all the money in his freezer? The one that tried to use his Congressional Office in DC to hide evidence and the Dems complained when a search warrant was legally served on him there on a weekend so as not to disrupt Congress?

Smidgen of corruption.

No proof, due process?
When it's a democrat it's more than good enough for the likes of him. Conservatives hate due process anyway.
Who said anything about due process?
This is about at what point a public official ought to resign.
fwiw, every case is different, imo.

Smidgen of corruption.

No proof, due process?

Yep. Their motto has become "Shoot 'em in the street".

Smidgen of corruption.
Somehow I doubt that you apply that high standard equally across all party lines. Being indicted for a crime is good enough proof to me the congressman has to go and I can promise you right now that I would not be caught dead on a thread trying to deflect attention from a democrat indicted on similar charges.
A prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich. Indictment means nothing legally.
It means you better get a good lawyer and tidy up your affairs, it does not mean nothing.

Republicans see tax evasion as their patriotic duty, I am surprised the guy resigned.
Al Sharpton hasn't.
When was Sharpton elected to congress?
Sharpton is far more dangerous walking the streets of America than is Grimm walking the halls of Congress. :slap:
That is a matter of opinion, but Sharpton is not the topic at hand. The topic is a guy who refused to drop his run for office in the face of an indictment and is now probably going to cost his state a fair sum to hold a special election to replace him before he was even sworn in. What an egomaniac this guy must be.
Same thing happened in Louisiana a few years back difference is he was a Democrat and the democrats tried to protect him, including complaining when a legal search warrant was done on him in his DC offices.

So remind me what your opinion was on the dem in Louisiana that not only won reelection but Pelosi complained she couldn't promote him to a better subcommittee because of the charges? You remember, the one that got caught taking a bribe and they found all the money in his freezer? The one that tried to use his Congressional Office in DC to hide evidence and the Dems complained when a search warrant was legally served on him there on a weekend so as not to disrupt Congress?

He should have resigned in disgrace as well. These people, regardless of their party, believe they are our betters and do not have to play by the same rules as the rest of us.

Smidgen of corruption.

No proof, due process?
Who said anything about due process?
This is about at what point a public official ought to resign.
fwiw, every case is different, imo.
By the time it gets this far it's time to bow out but as anyone knows in a legal proceeding you do not admit guilt or do things to seem guilty. I would not blame anyone for fighting for their position up to that point. This guy didn't quit when he should have.

He's black, there's a different set of rules for him.

Smidgen of corruption.
Somehow I doubt that you apply that high standard equally across all party lines. Being indicted for a crime is good enough proof to me the congressman has to go and I can promise you right now that I would not be caught dead on a thread trying to deflect attention from a democrat indicted on similar charges.
A prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich. Indictment means nothing legally.
It means you better get a good lawyer and tidy up your affairs, it does not mean nothing.
Yeah sure it does.

blah blah blah blah. :cuckoo:

He's black, there's a different set of rules for him.

no. he wasn't the topic of conversation.

charges do not equal conviction. this loser was convicted.

get over it.

The reason Grimm resigned is that he is probably going to be doing jail time. If it was likely that he'd walk with some fine or community service, I think he'd likely have stayed.

I think the guy should have resigned after threatening..on camera.. to throw a member of the press off of a balcony at the Capitol building.

Last edited:
Al Sharpton hasn't.
When was Sharpton elected to congress?
Sharpton is far more dangerous walking the streets of America than is Grimm walking the halls of Congress. :slap:
That is a matter of opinion, but Sharpton is not the topic at hand. The topic is a guy who refused to drop his run for office in the face of an indictment and is now probably going to cost his state a fair sum to hold a special election to replace him before he was even sworn in. What an egomaniac this guy must be.
So the guy is a shithead. And? If he were a Democrat you'd be making excuses all over the place.
Probably not, why do you feel the need to defend him?
Because he's a republican.

Must defend republicans at all costs, regardless the facts or evidence.

It should be an even playing field.
I am glad that this guy is resigning he should have never run in the first place.

I also think that Rangel, Geithner and Daschle should have resigned when they were charged with tax evasion. Instead they get slaps on the hand.

It should be an even playing field.
I am glad that this guy is resigning he should have never run in the first place.

I also think that Rangel, Geithner and Daschle should have resigned when they were charged with tax evasion. Instead they get slaps on the hand.

Oh! A deflection trifecta!! Awesome. I think it is admirable that some of our nutters can bring themselves to hate on a GOP congressman. But it's kind of weird that they can't do it without also referring to others who they want to hate on. Ever.

Forum List

Back