Congressman Grimm to Resign Tomorrow

It should be an even playing field.
I am glad that this guy is resigning he should have never run in the first place.

I also think that Rangel, Geithner and Daschle should have resigned when they were charged with tax evasion. Instead they get slaps on the hand.

Oh! A deflection trifecta!! Awesome. I think it is admirable that some of our nutters can bring themselves to hate on a GOP congressman. But it's kind of weird that they can't do it without also referring to others who they want to hate on. Ever.

You don't think that its a double standard?

I am glad that this guy is resigning he should have never run in the first place.

I also think that Rangel, Geithner and Daschle should have resigned when they were charged with tax evasion. Instead they get slaps on the hand.

Oh! A deflection trifecta!! Awesome. I think it is admirable that some of our nutters can bring themselves to hate on a GOP congressman. But it's kind of weird that they can't do it without also referring to others who they want to hate on. Ever.

Of course it is. But....that double standard exists on both sides of the aisle. What I am telling you is that IT IS BORING AS HELL when people here use their own double standard to complain about the double standard.

I mean...years and years of the same shit every time a thread about a crooked politician is posted. IT IS FUCKING BORING!! Stop doing it.

This asshole could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money by not running for reelection in the first place. Now they're on the hook for a special election. Then again, they kind of deserve it for reelecting him despite knowing how corrupt he is.

Michael Grimm To Resign From Congress Reports

Agree that it sucks they have to foot the bill for a special election, but also agree that that the voters knew he was under investigation when they re-elected him and therefore they reap what they sew.

It's also good that he resigned and didn't make the House have to vote him out. Apparently that's only had to be done like twice in history.

Are all the cases exactly the same? Were the people you mentioned convicted of a felony in a court of law?

Of course it is. But....that double standard exists on both sides of the aisle. What I am telling you is that IT IS BORING AS HELL when people here use their own double standard to complain about the double standard.

I mean...years and years of the same shit every time a thread about a crooked politician is posted. IT IS FUCKING BORING!! Stop doing it.

Most Republican Congressman who evade taxes usually resign and or get some jail time. A very small amount of Democrats get the same treatment.
Rangel on the other hand, is seen with the IRS Commissioner as he campaigned. Was charged with 11 of the 13 counts of ethics violation and just got a slap on the hand.
The members who have been here for awhile see the same ole, same ole all the time. The new members haven't, so yes you will continue to see some of boring things over and over again. It's also human nature that people use their own double standard to complain about the double standard. :laugh:
If you don't like it, don't post on the threads that you think is boring. :biggrin:

This asshole could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money by not running for reelection in the first place. Now they're on the hook for a special election. Then again, they kind of deserve it for reelecting him despite knowing how corrupt he is.

Michael Grimm To Resign From Congress Reports

Agree that it sucks they have to foot the bill for a special election, but also agree that that the voters knew he was under investigation when they re-elected him and therefore they reap what they sew.

It's also good that he resigned and didn't make the House have to vote him out. Apparently that's only had to be done like twice in history.

There has to be a question asked:
How did this guy win? The two neighbouring districts were won by Democrats 85% and unopposed.

I don't care who is responsible but Proportional Representation with Single Transfer Vote would change election in America for the considerable better:

Advantages:
No gerrymandering.
Voters get what they wanted rather than the less of two evils.
Independents and third parties can actually get elected.
Candidates can run on Public Money Only policy and win.

Disadvantages

Congress will have multiple parties and independents to deal with. (Honestly how can it be worse than today)

Most Republican Congressman who evade taxes usually resign and or get some jail time. A very small amount of Democrats get the same treatment.
Rangel on the other hand, is seen with the IRS Commissioner as he campaigned. Was charged with 11 of the 13 counts of ethics violation and just got a slap on the hand.
The members who have been here for awhile see the same ole, same ole all the time. The new members haven't, so yes you will continue to see some of boring things over and over again. It's also human nature that people use their own double standard to complain about the double standard. :laugh:
If you don't like it, don't post on the threads that you think is boring. :biggrin:

"Most Republican Congressman who evade taxes usually resign and or get some jail time."

"A very small amount of Democrats get the same treatment."

Please substantiate those two claims.

It is too bad our entire political class, from POTUS on down, does not retire...since with a very few notable exceptions, they are all criminals.

Are all the cases exactly the same? Were the people you mentioned convicted of a felony in a court of law?

That is the point, some should have but they weren't. It depends on how powerful you are on a committee.

Please do list all the cases with associated links.

Were all the cases exactly the same? Did they all do the same exact thing and not receive the same punishment?

"Most Republican Congressman who evade taxes usually resign and or get some jail time."

Critical Thoughts Democrats and Tax Evasion Like Sterling and Silver -- Tax Law Writer Rangel Joins Tax Collector Geithner and Former Senate Leader Daschle in the Tax Cheaters Hall of Fame
Criminal Tax Evasion - Democrats Members of Congress Federal Workers Owe 1 Billion in Back Taxes - USBACKLASH.ORG

GOP List of Corruption Update Primary Edition

Critical Thoughts Democrats and Tax Evasion Like Sterling and Silver -- Tax Law Writer Rangel Joins Tax Collector Geithner and Former Senate Leader Daschle in the Tax Cheaters Hall of Fame
Criminal Tax Evasion - Democrats Members of Congress Federal Workers Owe 1 Billion in Back Taxes - USBACKLASH.ORG

Nope. That does not support your claim. There are websites which list all of the congressmen who have been convicted of crimes.....and their punishment. Google it. You'll have to sift through the list to find the tax evasion cases. If you do so, , you'll discover that you have made a claim which is not supported by the facts.

So the cases were not exactly the same. See, for there to be a "double standard", the facts of the cases have to be the same. How many convicted of an actual felony did not resign from their seat and had to be removed or continued to serve?

I still say that they don't get convicted on tax felony charges if you are powerful on a committee like Rangel was. It happens in both parties.

I still say that they don't get convicted on tax felony charges if you are powerful on a committee like Rangel was. It happens in both parties.
whatever you need to tell yourself :rolleyes-41: definition of an ideologue. :thup:

So many on the far right can look at the proof that 1 plus 1 actually does equal 2 and still say "yeah, but I just don't believe it."

But "the media" is their big problem ..........

whatever you need to tell yourself :rolleyes-41: definition of an ideologue. :thup:

So many on the far right can look at the proof that 1 plus 1 actually does equal 2 and still say "yeah, but I just don't believe it."

But "the media" is their big problem ..........

The far left does the same thing

Forum List

Back