Connecticut Governor Vilifies Wayne LaPierre

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
Connecticut Governor Dannell Malloy appeared on CNN's 'State Of The Union' on Sunday to discuss, among other things, NRA President Wayne LaPierre. He didn't exactly praise the pro-gun lobbyist.

"Wayne reminds me of the clowns at the circus. They get the most attention and that's what he's paid to do," Malloy said. "This guy is so out of whack, it’s unbelievable. 92% of the American people want universal background checks. I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me. Why should you be able to buy a gun?"

The governor was responding to criticism from LaPierre over his state's new gun control law.

He also hit back against fears that gun manufactures might flee the state.

Dan Malloy: Wayne LaPierre 'Reminds Me Of The Clowns At The Circus'

And another Democrat opens their mouth proves themselves to be what they claim others to be.. Liars and haters.

One-third of the nation’s elementary, middle and high schools reportedly already have armed security on campus. In 2000, President Clinton marked the one-year anniversary of Columbine by proposing a significant expansion of the government’s existing “COPS in Schools” program.
How many schools already have armed guards? | JunkScience.com

What is the argument?

Most shopping malls have armed security people... are we more concerned about protecting the stores then school children?

The ONLY reason for the school shootings like Sandy Hook Elementary School was the shooter KNEW there would be no protection against him.
Shooters like Lanza might be crazy but they obviously know enough that if someone confronts them with a gun.. all things are equal!

One-third of the nation’s elementary, middle and high schools reportedly already have armed security on campus. In 2000, President Clinton marked the one-year anniversary of Columbine by proposing a significant expansion of the government’s existing “COPS in Schools” program.

What is the argument?

Most shopping malls have armed security people... are we more concerned about protecting the stores then school children?

The ONLY reason for the school shootings like Sandy Hook Elementary School was the shooter KNEW there would be no protection against him.
Shooters like Lanza might be crazy but they obviously know enough that if someone confronts them with a gun.. all things are equal!

"Armed guards" are NOT cops. Make that clear. A cop is NOT an "armed guard" or "security guard". One is a government trained employee. The other is not.

If you guys want "armed guards", then the PTA can go to the local private security firm and hire some. But if you want COPS at schools, you must expand the police budget to include them. Charleston just tried that, and the mayor got his behind roasted in the media and by the locals for "increasing the size of government".

But there is nothing stopping any individual school district from getting the PTA's together, doing some bake sales, and hiring their very own armed guards.

But getting actual cops there will be different.

La Pierre is working for the gun and ammo manufacturers.
He was for background checks before they told him to be against them.

BTW, armed security guards cost at least $12/hour in small towns. So in a small town, you have 4-ish elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. So that's 6 schools, with a guard at each entrance, say 3, so you're paying 18 guards per day about $216 (not countuing PTA meetings and after-school events.) Most school years run around 180 days, so we're looking at a minimum of $38,880 per year - in a small town. How many small towns can come up with that kind of money?

Connecticut Governor Dannell Malloy appeared on CNN's 'State Of The Union' on Sunday to discuss, among other things, NRA President Wayne LaPierre. He didn't exactly praise the pro-gun lobbyist.

"Wayne reminds me of the clowns at the circus. They get the most attention and that's what he's paid to do," Malloy said. "This guy is so out of whack, it’s unbelievable. 92% of the American people want universal background checks. I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me. Why should you be able to buy a gun?"

The governor was responding to criticism from LaPierre over his state's new gun control law.

He also hit back against fears that gun manufactures might flee the state.

Dan Malloy: Wayne LaPierre 'Reminds Me Of The Clowns At The Circus'

"Wayne reminds me of the clowns at the circus. What do liberals have against clowns? oh, they are tax paying Americans. They get the most attention and that's what he's paid to do," Malloy said. "This guy is so out of whack, it’s unbelievable. 92% of the American people want universal background checks. yeah, speaking of assclown making shit up. even if that was true, it's why we have a Constitution, and not knee jerk law making. I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me. another blatant out and out lie. Why should you be able to buy a gun?" It's our Constitutional right.

you fucking liberals won't be happy until America is a pure democracy.

mob rule

well actually

Puppets rule, by repeating what they are told to repeat.

BTW, armed security guards cost at least $12/hour in small towns. So in a small town, you have 4-ish elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. So that's 6 schools, with a guard at each entrance, say 3, so you're paying 18 guards per day about $216 (not countuing PTA meetings and after-school events.) Most school years run around 180 days, so we're looking at a minimum of $38,880 per year - in a small town. How many small towns can come up with that kind of money?

Gee it was a cool idea when Bill Clinton was for it?

One more time. Democrat idea...swell...

What is the argument?

"Armed guards" are NOT cops. Make that clear. A cop is NOT an "armed guard" or "security guard". One is a government trained employee. The other is not.

If you guys want "armed guards", then the PTA can go to the local private security firm and hire some. But if you want COPS at schools, you must expand the police budget to include them. Charleston just tried that, and the mayor got his behind roasted in the media and by the locals for "increasing the size of government".

But there is nothing stopping any individual school district from getting the PTA's together, doing some bake sales, and hiring their very own armed guards.

out here we have deputy sheriff at the school

however schools are adapting

and getting away from the gun free zone idea

Hundreds of Texas educators take free concealed handgun class

A concealed handgun training class envisioned by former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle before his death drew hundreds of educators to a Texas school auditorium Saturday.
More than 700 teachers and administrators attended the all-day session on gun laws and safety at Kennedale High School in Dallas-Fort Worth area, The Dallas Morning News reported.
The free class was organized by Dalworthington Gardens Police Chief Bill and Kyle, who was fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range in February.
"It went from 20 to 30 teachers to the more than 700 we have here today. It just exploded with Chris’ involvement," Dalworthington Gardens Police Chief Bill Waybourn told the paper.
Teachers from across the state and at least one representative from each school district in North Texas attended the class, which was organized in response to the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., according to the report.

Hundreds of Texas educators take free concealed handgun class | Fox News

What is the argument?

A concealed handgun training class envisioned by former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle before his death drew hundreds of educators to a Texas school auditorium Saturday.
More than 700 teachers and administrators attended the all-day session on gun laws and safety at Kennedale High School in Dallas-Fort Worth area, The Dallas Morning News reported.
The free class was organized by Dalworthington Gardens Police Chief Bill and Kyle, who was fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range in February.
"It went from 20 to 30 teachers to the more than 700 we have here today. It just exploded with Chris’ involvement," Dalworthington Gardens Police Chief Bill Waybourn told the paper.
Teachers from across the state and at least one representative from each school district in North Texas attended the class, which was organized in response to the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., according to the report.

No one wants this.

When I first read about this principal who ran full tilt at Adam trying to stop him with her body, what a brave soul.

But I also wished she'd had a gun to lay Adam out. I've drawn a bead on a soul or so. I don't wish that moment on anyone. But I do believe if that Principal with all her soul had a moment with a gun, that woman would have saved all those lives. Man oh man what a hero she was trying to go at him with only her body.

We need to honor her more.

No one wants this.

When I first read about this principal who ran full tilt at Adam trying to stop him with her body, what a brave soul.

But I also wished she'd had a gun to lay Adam out. I've drawn a bead on a soul or so. I don't wish that moment on anyone. But I do believe if that Principal with all her soul had a moment with a gun, that woman would have saved all those lives. Man oh man what a hero she was trying to go at him with only her body.

We need to honor her more.

yes she is a hero

and she would have used anything

including a gun to stop that mad man that day

i feel so terrible for this teacher

who falsely believed until that day

that she and her children would be safe in a gun free zone

Newtown Teacher Refused to Unlock Door for Police Fearing Gunman's Trick - ABC News

Forum List

Back