Connecticut To Block People On Watch Lists From Buying Guns

5669b2c31300002a00739134.jpeg

"If Congress will not act, we in the states will."

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy (D) announced Thursday he intends to sign a "common sense" executive order prohibiting individuals on government watch lists from buying guns.

"This is a moment to seize here in America," Malloy said during a press conference. "It is incumbent upon leaders at all levels of government to protect its citizenry."

Pending approval from the federal government to access their databases, including the "no-fly" roster, Malloy said he will sign an order requiring those who apply for gun permits to be screened against government watch lists. Those who are on such lists would be banned from purchasing handguns, shotguns, rifles and ammunition.

"If Congress will not act, we in the states will," Malloy said.

He added there would be an appeals process for people who say they have been unfairly placed on government watch lists.

More: Connecticut To Block People On Watch Lists From Buying Guns

Thank you Governor Malloy! This is common sense that states must act if Congress won't.

illegal and unconstitutional. He should be tarred and feathered.

Come on man, give him a break. He's a Democrat. He has no idea or interest in that old outdated scrap of paper called the Constitution.

He's more interested in his state constitution and protecting his citizens.

otherwise known as "fuck due process, the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution in general".

How someone figures out a way to get all of his security detail onto the No fly list?

I understand the need to
The never-give-an-inch NRA gun nutters are the greatest threat to our future gun rights.

What part of "due process of law" is unclear? You can't just strip someone of a right without that person having his day in court.

I understand why people want to do this. But at the end of the day what you said makes sense to me. It's the whole reason we have a 2nd amendment. The government can't just take away my rights because they suspect me of something. If they want to do an extensive background check then have at it.

How many of you think Trump's stated policies against Mexicans and Muslims are Constitutional?

I most certainly do; based on the intent of defending this nation from foreign assault and invasion.

That's exactly what Connecticut is trying to do - protect it's citizens.
That's exactly what Trump is trying to do for all the country's citizens.
Anyway the fucking LIB in Coooonnecticut has no chance of his bill passing. It's unconstitutional.

The governor of Connecticut is signing an executive order to ban suspected terrorists from buying guns.

The fanatical extremist radical evangelicals are in trouble now.

nothing new ... Romney put a BAN on assault rifles a long time ago.

a Republican BANS guns ....

and the hypocritical MF's still nominated him.

It's unconstitutional, you can't ban someone over suspicions. Every citizen is entitled to due process

The French are confiscating guns by the hundreds and the RWnuts in the US are elated. Right after they all ridiculed the French for their restrictive, useless, gun control laws.

OMIGOD! They can't do that. Terrorists need their guns!

Dumbfucks voted down the expatriot terrorist act. \Now, you dumbfucks want to bitch about americans having 2nd amendment rights? People get put on that list for having a certain name FFS.

nothing new ... Romney put a BAN on assault rifles a long time ago.

a Republican BANS guns ....

and the hypocritical MF's still nominated him.
It wasn't hypocrisy, dumbfuck. It was the moderates and compromisers that the left pretends don't exist that put him there.

The governor of Connecticut is signing an executive order to ban suspected terrorists from buying guns.

The fanatical extremist radical evangelicals are in trouble now.
Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

BWAH HA HA HA HA! Extremist right wingers actually crying about terrorists not being able to buy guns. Poor babies.

And they have no idea how crazy it shows them to be....in fact they're proud of their insanity....that's why Trump is so popular to them.

God I hope Trump is their nominee!

BWAH HA HA HA HA! Extremist right wingers actually crying about terrorists not being able to buy guns. Poor babies.

And they have no idea how crazy it shows them to be....in fact they're proud of their insanity....that's why Trump is so popular to them.

God I hope Trump is their nominee!

Extremist right wingers actually crying about terrorists not being able to buy guns.

Nope, they have a problem with a very flawed list being used to determine who can, and cannot, purchase firearms.

And they have no idea how crazy it shows them to be....in fact they're proud of their insanity....

You want people that have committed no crime to be denied a constitutional right, and you have the nerve to call THEM crazy?

Somehow, I believe your opinion would do a 180 if it was about voting, instead of firearms.

I've heard the line "they're going to take all your hunting rifles" the last 40 years. I still have em. Fear tactics is what that is.

Forum List

Back