Connecticut To Block People On Watch Lists From Buying Guns

See.....they had to lie in their study to push their gun control agenda....anytime you look at the actual studies the gun grabbers do...you find they are lying..every single time.....

Fact checking one of the worst WaPo gun control stories ever

I’m glad the Washington Post author was honest enough to admit that the study results weresomewhat indirect and drew conclusions that they can only guess at, but it would have been nice to note those things before making the opening claims which strongly suggest they’ve found the answer.

Creating a fake Connecticut Frankenstein and comparing it to the real world is absurd. Strong policing and a fed up populace who demanded protection from the thugs who ignore gun laws are what brought down the crime rate. I’m afraid that the Hot Air Fact Checking Organization is going to have to rate this one as not only Pants on Fire butUnderwear Up in Flames as well.

I applaud Connecticut for trying to protect its citizens!

You know what would be just awesome....if some smart activist managed to get the names of all of O'malleys police bodyguards names put on the list.......that would be sweet justice.....

You know what would be just awesome....if some smart activist managed to get the names of all of O'malleys police bodyguards names put on the list.......that would be sweet justice.....

Why would you want that? Wouldn't that be unfair?

"Pending approval from the federal government to access their databases, including the "no-fly" roster, Malloy said he will sign an order requiring those who apply for gun permits to be screened against government watch lists. Those who are on such lists would be banned from purchasing handguns, shotguns, rifles and ammunition."

Which will likely be enjoined by a Federal judge after someone denied a permit files suit.

"Pending approval from the federal government to access their databases, including the "no-fly" roster, Malloy said he will sign an order requiring those who apply for gun permits to be screened against government watch lists. Those who are on such lists would be banned from purchasing handguns, shotguns, rifles and ammunition."

Which will likely be enjoined by a Federal judge after someone denied a permit files suit.

You may be right, but I applaud Connecticut for at least trying.

5669b2c31300002a00739134.jpeg

"If Congress will not act, we in the states will."

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy (D) announced Thursday he intends to sign a "common sense" executive order prohibiting individuals on government watch lists from buying guns.

"This is a moment to seize here in America," Malloy said during a press conference. "It is incumbent upon leaders at all levels of government to protect its citizenry."

Pending approval from the federal government to access their databases, including the "no-fly" roster, Malloy said he will sign an order requiring those who apply for gun permits to be screened against government watch lists. Those who are on such lists would be banned from purchasing handguns, shotguns, rifles and ammunition.

"If Congress will not act, we in the states will," Malloy said.

He added there would be an appeals process for people who say they have been unfairly placed on government watch lists.

More: Connecticut To Block People On Watch Lists From Buying Guns

Thank you Governor Malloy! This is common sense that states must act if Congress won't.

Unconstitutional, asshole. There's something called "due process" required before the government can deny any person their Constitutional rights.

I love the way you turds scream about the Constitution when it comes to deporting aliens, but you obviously don't give a damn when it comes to other parts of the Bill of Rights.

5669b2c31300002a00739134.jpeg

"If Congress will not act, we in the states will."

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy (D) announced Thursday he intends to sign a "common sense" executive order prohibiting individuals on government watch lists from buying guns.

"This is a moment to seize here in America," Malloy said during a press conference. "It is incumbent upon leaders at all levels of government to protect its citizenry."

Pending approval from the federal government to access their databases, including the "no-fly" roster, Malloy said he will sign an order requiring those who apply for gun permits to be screened against government watch lists. Those who are on such lists would be banned from purchasing handguns, shotguns, rifles and ammunition.

"If Congress will not act, we in the states will," Malloy said.

He added there would be an appeals process for people who say they have been unfairly placed on government watch lists.

More: Connecticut To Block People On Watch Lists From Buying Guns

Thank you Governor Malloy! This is common sense that states must act if Congress won't.

illegal and unconstitutional. He should be tarred and feathered.

Where does the Constitution forbid states from protecting its citizens?

The part that says the government can not revoke anyone's Constitutional rights "without due process of law."

What a bootlicking moron.

Because of deranged NRA gun nutters - I'm making secure plans to hide most of my guns.

Not at all shocking that a Democrat would infringe on someone's Constitutional rights and none more shocking that you would cheer them on.

No fly, no buy! Makes sense to me...
I suppose you're all for warrantless wire taps and the abolition of the fourth amendment too

Shit we're all guilty of something so maybe we should just all have to do some jail time too

How many of you think Trump's stated policies against Mexicans and Muslims are Constitutional?
Why do you think not allowing anyone to immigrate here is unconstitutional?

Foreign citizens are not protected by our constitution

Forum List

Back