Cons crap on Cali . Still better than hellhole red states.

ive noticed a trend of threads attacking California. I guess they see it as some sort of liberal flagship, even though it has many red sections.

Here’s the thing . Despite its flaws it’s still way better than these hard core red states .

Who wants to live in Alabama Or Mississipp, or South Carolina ? Despite being in the union since forever , they biggest “cities “ have less population than some LA suburbs.

Because the truth is that red states suck . Even with the warm weather, people don’t want to be there .

What's so great about living in an overcrowded city like San Francisco where they have used needles thrown everywhere and shit running in the streets?

Personally I don't want to live crammed in cheek to jowl

wow, that investment into stupid, worn proudly here.

Maybe look at the rate people are leaving. Illinois actually leads on that, but Cali is right there sucking our fumes. And you must truly love the tent cities with their dirty needles and diseases growing. What was that prop that the judge threw out that the people voted for? they wish to tax everything people use? they are even going to try the penny per ounce tax on beverages. Illinois had it thrown out. but hey, cali, what the fk do they care. fking their residents has been their main objective. proposition 8 anyone?

Actually new construction is regulated not restricted!

By regulating the shit out of it, you restrict the new supply.

Those regulations are called zoning and civilized communities have them to preserve the character of a community among other things like the deterioration of existing property values.

Yes. And if they restrict the new supply, they shouldn't be surprised that prices of existing homes increase.

Actually new construction is regulated not restricted!

By regulating the shit out of it, you restrict the new supply.

Those regulations are called zoning and civilized communities have them to preserve the character of a community among other things like the deterioration of existing property values.

Yes. And if they restrict the new supply, they shouldn't be surprised that prices of existing homes increase.
Some people are too smart to pay a million dollars for a 1200 square foot ranch with 2 bedrooms the rest live in CA

ive noticed a trend of threads attacking California. I guess they see it as some sort of liberal flagship, even though it has many red sections.

Here’s the thing . Despite its flaws it’s still way better than these hard core red states .

Who wants to live in Alabama Or Mississipp, or South Carolina ? Despite being in the union since forever , they biggest “cities “ have less population than some LA suburbs.

Because the truth is that red states suck . Even with the warm weather, people don’t want to be there .
I've lived in CA. If you like bars on your windows then you're gonna love California

I cant believe people brag about our large cities and their populations, i just got back from NYC and then San Francisco a month ago. Both of those cities are horrible, nice for a long weekend. California is nice but the population centers are toilets.

How can they tell when there has been a riot in LA?
All of the trash has been rearranged.

LA Skidtow-trash.png

What far left policies have done to California is a shame because it’s such a beautiful state with wonderful weather. The rate of people picking up and moving to another state is the lowest it’s been in about a century. Yet calfifornia is hemorrhaging over 100,000 people per year due to high taxes and housing costs. For every 1 person coming to California, 3 are leaving. Many of California’s migrants are illegal immigrants (due to sanctuary city policies) and drug addicts due to lax drug policies and weather. NY is also hemorrhaging people because of their far left big government policies. The densely populated blue areas in both NY and Cali are dictating policy state wide, and it’s the lower and middle class people who suffer the most, as evidence by the fact that they are the majority of people picking up and moving.

On the other hand states like Texas and Florida have had a net domestic migration gain of almost a million from 2010-2016. Those rates have risen since. last I heard Texas was importing people at a rate of 30,000 a month.

Silicon Valley is the only thing keeping California afloat. That may not be the case for much longer as more and more tech start-ups are opting to go to the “silicon hills” in Utah. It’s only a matter of time for the current tech giants will find it difficult to compete with the new up-and-coming tech companies. They’ll either pick up and move, or do what big pharma did to PA and say “we can’t stay here unless you lower our tax rates.” If Cali is smart they’ll opt to lower the taxes in order to not loose ALL that tax revenue. I doubt they will seeing how NYC reacted to Amazon being given tax breaks.

California leads the way on how to best widen the wealth inequality gap. Good job California, way to create a problem, then incessantly bitch about it so you can make the problem worse.

“California, for example, is the home to more super rich than anywhere else in the country – and it also exhibits the highest poverty rate in the nation, when cost of living is taken into account. Income disparities in the state of California are among the highest in the nation, outpacing such places as Georgia and Mississippi in terms of the Gini coefficient, a standard measure of inequality.

But it’s not just the extremes – with wages falling and insecurity rising, the middle class is also squeezed. And, as it turns out, none of this is good for economic growth: A new wave of research, including from the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, has been finding that high levels of inequality and racial and class segregation are actually associated with slower and less sustainable growth, providing at least one explanation for the state’s subpar economic performance.”

The California Chasm: A Look At Income Inequality In The Golden State | HuffPost

Can someone pretty please explain to progs the reason Ca. is a powerful state has everything to do with climate and geography.

Fact is progs are ruining the state, ask anyone middle class. Interesting fact, California was a red state prior to the internet and Clinton. It was a GREAT state before that time as well. Any chance the internet has prog-heads bent over under propaganda? Ya THINK?

Forum List

Back