Consequences for US decisions on letting people into the USA

Yes, Americans spend a lot abroad, and Europeans spend a lot in the US.

20 Countries Where Tourists Spent the Most Money in 2012

"International tourists spent more money in the United States than any other country in 2012,"

Who stands to lose the most?

Both continents are going to lose out. We shouldn't be squabbling with Europe nor should they be starting shit with us. The best thing to do is for us to eliminate the visa requirement for those people visiting from those five EU nations and be done with it. This isn't worth the fight. I would imagine that's what will happen.

European Parliament votes to end visa-free travel for Americans

"European Parliament votes to end visa-free travel for Americans"

Yep, Americans may no longer be able to go to the Schengen Zone without a visa. After all the problems EU citizens have been having, especially if they're Muslims, the EU is fight back. The US is losing its allies very, very quickly.
As the US waffles back and forth between isolationism and world domination, our allies are looking for new leadership which is not surprising since the Tweeter and Chief sends messages saying almost opposite of his staff.

And the EU will probably find that it is the leader, and the US will just get left behind.

From here it looks like Europe is well into the process of becoming part of the Middle East and will soon be looking to Mecca for leadership. I'll pass.
The Muslim population of Europe is estimated to be 46 out of total population of 743 million. That's 6.1%.

The primary cause of the increase in Muslim migrants to Europe is the Syrian crisis. Almost 50% of the migrants come from Syria, mostly as refugees. As the war whines down and refugees return home migration rates will return to normal. Refugees unlike immigrants leave their home because the conditions become intolerable or they are forced to leave. Once those conditions significantly improve, 70% return home.

Yep, Americans may no longer be able to go to the Schengen Zone without a visa. After all the problems EU citizens have been having, especially if they're Muslims, the EU is fight back. The US is losing its allies very, very quickly.
The EU has been a disaster. That is why it is falling apart. Soon it will be nothing more than a footnote in history books. This just another nail in the coffin.

This one time while I was stationed in Korea a group of mostly college kids decided to protest outside of one of our bases near the DMZ, The Commander concerned about troop safety decided to lock down the base and gave the order that no soldier could leave post. After 2 weeks the local shop keepers ran the protesters off. Never fuck with the common mans money it doesn't turn out well

Americans spend over 100 billion abroad every year. If the EU wants to try flexing those muscles go for it.

"International tourists spent more money in the United States than any other country in 2012,"

What makes you think the US will act that childish? We have a President that understands the business world especially the tourist side of it . Will the EU punish its citizens who still want to spend their money in the US ?

Well, Trump is supposedly business minded, and yet he seems to be doing a lot to hurt business, simply because he hasn't thought about the consequences of his actions as president yet. This is where the flip flopping is coming in. He realizes the business requires people to get on his side, so he does what is necessary, then someone speaks and tells him the consequences, so he changes, then someone else says that this new course is wrong, so he changes again.

You think that's good for business?
Although Trump may understand business; that is real estate development, there is no reason to believe he understands the impact on jobs, earnings, and trade of fiscal and monetary policy changes, balance of trade, regulation policy changes, and taxes.

The EU has been a disaster. That is why it is falling apart. Soon it will be nothing more than a footnote in history books. This just another nail in the coffin.
You do realize that the US requires visas from a number of EU countries. European lawmakers are playing tit-for-tat in this long running dispute with the United States.

You do realize that the US requires visas from a number of EU countries. European lawmakers are playing a tit-for-tat in this long running dispute with the United States.
And? There are some bad people in the EU. Muslim fanatics, Nazi nut jobs, etc. Several EU participants have granted citizenship to refugees.

This one time while I was stationed in Korea a group of mostly college kids decided to protest outside of one of our bases near the DMZ, The Commander concerned about troop safety decided to lock down the base and gave the order that no soldier could leave post. After 2 weeks the local shop keepers ran the protesters off. Never fuck with the common mans money it doesn't turn out well

Americans spend over 100 billion abroad every year. If the EU wants to try flexing those muscles go for it.

What makes you think the US will act that childish? We have a President that understands the business world especially the tourist side of it . Will the EU punish its citizens who still want to spend their money in the US ?

Well, Trump is supposedly business minded, and yet he seems to be doing a lot to hurt business, simply because he hasn't thought about the consequences of his actions as president yet. This is where the flip flopping is coming in. He realizes the business requires people to get on his side, so he does what is necessary, then someone speaks and tells him the consequences, so he changes, then someone else says that this new course is wrong, so he changes again.

Although Trump may understand business; that is real estate development, there is no reason to believe he understands the impact on jobs, earnings, and trade of fiscal and monetary policy changes, balance of trade, regulation policy changes, and taxes.
Umm he owns hotels. I'm no guru on the subject but doesn't that deal with real estate development ?

You do realize that the US requires visas from a number of EU countries. European lawmakers are playing a tit-for-tat in this long running dispute with the United States.
And? There are some bad people in the EU. Muslim fanatics, Nazi nut jobs, etc. Several EU participants have granted citizenship to refugees.
There are a lot of bad people in every country on earth. We don't require a Visas from Columbia, drug capital of world, nor El Salvador, murder capital of the world, and a dozen other countries with loads of bad guys.

There are a lot of bad people in every country on earth. We don't require a Visas from Columbia, drug capital of world, nor El Salvador, murder capital of the world, and a dozen other countries with loads of bad guys.
Maybe we should.

Why any American would want to go to Europe in the first place boggles my mind.

Well... let's see

mont-st-michel-2.jpg

Rothenburg_ob_der_Tauber_Lovely_Place.jpg

picturesquevillagesbiburyarlingtonrow-2132012-163925_horiz-large.jpeg

Dubrovnik_getty_151571823.jpg

florence-do-BasilicadiSantaMariadelFiore-xlarge.jpg

tallinn-old-town-1500-cs.jpg

Prague_016.jpg

Luxembourg-2.jpg

hallstatt-austria.jpg

Beautiful-Cities-in-Europe-Venice-767920.JPG
shutterstock_246227383-2-1.jpg

I'll take these over that, and I didn't have to get the pictures off the net.

20160618_201959.jpg
20160827_194452.jpg

As the US waffles back and forth between isolationism and world domination, our allies are looking for new leadership which is not surprising since the Tweeter and Chief sends messages saying almost opposite of his staff.

And the EU will probably find that it is the leader, and the US will just get left behind.

From here it looks like Europe is well into the process of becoming part of the Middle East and will soon be looking to Mecca for leadership. I'll pass.
The Muslim population of Europe is estimated to be 46 out of total population of 743 million. That's 6.1%.

The primary cause of the increase in Muslim migrants to Europe is the Syrian crisis. Almost 50% of the migrants come from Syria, mostly as refugees. As the war whines down and refugees return home migration rates will return to normal. Refugees unlike immigrants leave their home because the conditions become intolerable or they are forced to leave. Once those conditions significantly improve, 70% return home.

Maybe, but I doubt it. More likely it is a deliberate invasion.

What exactly has he done to hurt business ?

The first thing that helps US businesses is stability. If he carries on like this no one will know if they're coming or going. He's hurting business with foreign countries, if the EU decided to stop Americans permanently going into the EU without visas that'll cause no end of problems.

The impact of such things, along with proposed tariffs and pulling back from the world will take time to be felt, but, they'll be felt.
The EU has no business dictating US immigration policy and I'm sorry but I have to ask what is Trump doing that is causing instability in the business community ?

What? Who said the EU was dictating US immigration policy?

Good riddance.

Well, except that it will cost Americans money. It'll probably end up in the US losing tourism, and less flights coming via Europe and when Americans want to go to Europe, they'll pay more.

Sorry, I don't see the connection in what you posted let alone what the EU is doing. So they require a visa big freakin' deal. It is their electronic wall. They will be passing out visa's like candy they want the tourist money. Even your BS post indicates they are doing so because of their problems with Muslims not American's.

I didn't say it wouldn't stop all people. I said it makes people make different decisions. If I have the choice between a country with a visa and a country without the visa, which am I going to go to?

Where you want to go would be my answer. Might as well bitch about needing a passport to go to Canada.

Well, I've seen that happen. Niagra Falls, people demanding their Constitutional right to go to Canada, hilarious.

The point here is one of close relations between allies, are they close anymore, are they strong allies? The impact for NATO, the place the US has in the world etc. It's not just about going abroad.

I'm sure it does. I mean, Palin thought that she could see Russia from her house. It's amazing that "what it looks like" and "what it is" are completely different things.

Far more often it's EXACTLY what it looks like.

Maybe it's often like this in people's fantasy world.

Both continents are going to lose out. We shouldn't be squabbling with Europe nor should they be starting shit with us. The best thing to do is for us to eliminate the visa requirement for those people visiting from those five EU nations and be done with it. This isn't worth the fight. I would imagine that's what will happen.

Yes, potentially that is so.

So why has it come to this point where the EU feels the need to do this? It's not hard to see why. They US has gone off the crazy end of the pool. But the US thinks it's better than everyone else. The EU lets in hicks from South Carolina, terrorism capital of the US, from Louisiana and Mississippi. They didn't even question the people of these countries.

It's falling apart?

Get this. The USA has been a disaster, that's why it's at Civil War. That was the 1860s. Sometimes things take time to work themselves out. To become what they will become.

After al the problems the US citizens were having, what with the Italians and Irish turning up.....

Just another nail in the coffin for the USofA.

Yes, they deliberately got themselves invaded, then deliberately caused chaos by making a power vacuum, then deliberately did all those other things like the Arab Spring that led to the Syrian conflict. Er... what?

Actually, if anyone did anything deliberate it was Bush W. The man seemed to want to create a new enemy that everyone could get behind, that would cause fear, that would unite the old allies, that would replace the USSR.

And they got it. He has caused so many problems for the normal person, it's ridiculous, and all so the right can feel good about themselves and find it easier to get elected. Oh, fucking wonderful.

A deliberate invasion? No, before the Syrian civil war, the migration of Muslims to Europe was half what is today. Almost half the migrants today have been Syrian.

When the war is over and it is safe to return, there is every reason to believe the migration will return to the level before the war and many of the refugees will return home. Refugee status is not a permanent immigration status and the host country expects the refugees to eventually return to their home country. In some cases it may be decade or longer but 70% of refugees eventually return home.

Forum List

Back