Consequences for US decisions on letting people into the USA

Well... let's see

I'm not a tourist. Most of what I'd want to see was destroyed before or during the Great Wars or built over after them.

Nor do any European nations Recognized my right to self defense. I AM that American most Europeans hate.

Fine, but I didn't think you were most Americans. You're one American, and I doubt Europe is going to miss you. However I've met plenty of Americans traveling around Europe, and they'd like to go. There's a hell of a lot more to see and do in Europe than the US.

That's a ridiculous thing to say.

As the US waffles back and forth between isolationism and world domination, our allies are looking for new leadership which is not surprising since the Tweeter and Chief sends messages saying almost opposite of his staff.

And the EU will probably find that it is the leader, and the US will just get left behind.

From here it looks like Europe is well into the process of becoming part of the Middle East and will soon be looking to Mecca for leadership. I'll pass.
The Muslim population of Europe is estimated to be 46 out of total population of 743 million. That's 6.1%.

The primary cause of the increase in Muslim migrants to Europe is the Syrian crisis. Almost 50% of the migrants come from Syria, mostly as refugees. As the war whines down and refugees return home migration rates will return to normal. Refugees unlike immigrants leave their home because the conditions become intolerable or they are forced to leave. Once those conditions significantly improve, 70% return home.

Maybe, but I doubt it. More likely it is a deliberate invasion.

Yes, they deliberately got themselves invaded, then deliberately caused chaos by making a power vacuum, then deliberately did all those other things like the Arab Spring that led to the Syrian conflict. Er... what?

Actually, if anyone did anything deliberate it was Bush W. The man seemed to want to create a new enemy that everyone could get behind, that would cause fear, that would unite the old allies, that would replace the USSR.

And they got it. He has caused so many problems for the normal person, it's ridiculous, and all so the right can feel good about themselves and find it easier to get elected. Oh, fucking wonderful.

You obviously have problems understanding cause and effect. Terrorists deliberately create terror; it's what they do. They also create anger that results in enemies. That's also what they do. Don't want new enemies? Don't earn them.

As the US waffles back and forth between isolationism and world domination, our allies are looking for new leadership which is not surprising since the Tweeter and Chief sends messages saying almost opposite of his staff.

And the EU will probably find that it is the leader, and the US will just get left behind.

From here it looks like Europe is well into the process of becoming part of the Middle East and will soon be looking to Mecca for leadership. I'll pass.
The Muslim population of Europe is estimated to be 46 out of total population of 743 million. That's 6.1%.

The primary cause of the increase in Muslim migrants to Europe is the Syrian crisis. Almost 50% of the migrants come from Syria, mostly as refugees. As the war whines down and refugees return home migration rates will return to normal. Refugees unlike immigrants leave their home because the conditions become intolerable or they are forced to leave. Once those conditions significantly improve, 70% return home.

A deliberate invasion? No, before the Syrian civil war, the migration of Muslims to Europe was half what is today. Almost half the migrants today have been Syrian.

When the war is over and it is safe to return, there is every reason to believe the migration will return to the level before the war and many of the refugees will return home. Refugee status is not a permanent immigration status and the host country expects the refugees to eventually return to their home country. In some cases it may be decade or longer but 70% of refugees eventually return home.

Even if correct that would only explain half. And what indication is there that any ever intend to return home?
Seems obvious that they wish to turn their new homes into the same shithole they left. SSDD (same shithole different day).
How long before all the Europeans are wanting to migrate to America because Europe no longer belongs to them?

European Parliament votes to end visa-free travel for Americans

"European Parliament votes to end visa-free travel for Americans"

Yep, Americans may no longer be able to go to the Schengen Zone without a visa. After all the problems EU citizens have been having, especially if they're Muslims, the EU is fight back. The US is losing its allies very, very quickly.
Sorry, I don't see the connection in what you posted let alone what the EU is doing. So they require a visa big freakin' deal. It is their electronic wall. They will be passing out visa's like candy they want the tourist money. Even your BS post indicates they are doing so because of their problems with Muslims not American's.

I didn't say it wouldn't stop all people. I said it makes people make different decisions. If I have the choice between a country with a visa and a country without the visa, which am I going to go to?

Where you want to go would be my answer. Might as well bitch about needing a passport to go to Canada.

Well, I've seen that happen. Niagra Falls, people demanding their Constitutional right to go to Canada, hilarious.

The point here is one of close relations between allies, are they close anymore, are they strong allies? The impact for NATO, the place the US has in the world etc. It's not just about going abroad.

Maybe they have gotten wise to Obama letting just about anyone into the country and they are trying to protect themselves?

A deliberate invasion? No, before the Syrian civil war, the migration of Muslims to Europe was half what is today. Almost half the migrants today have been Syrian.

When the war is over and it is safe to return, there is every reason to believe the migration will return to the level before the war and many of the refugees will return home. Refugee status is not a permanent immigration status and the host country expects the refugees to eventually return to their home country. In some cases it may be decade or longer but 70% of refugees eventually return home.

All thanks to Obama and Clinton. The greatest humanitarian crisis since WW2, Hillary's words, all "helped" by their foreign policy and the press hardly said a word in condemnation. Trump tries to keep terrorists out and they heap a load of crap on him.

Yep, Americans may no longer be able to go to the Schengen Zone without a visa. After all the problems EU citizens have been having, especially if they're Muslims, the EU is fight back. The US is losing its allies very, very quickly.
Sorry, I don't see the connection in what you posted let alone what the EU is doing. So they require a visa big freakin' deal. It is their electronic wall. They will be passing out visa's like candy they want the tourist money. Even your BS post indicates they are doing so because of their problems with Muslims not American's.

I didn't say it wouldn't stop all people. I said it makes people make different decisions. If I have the choice between a country with a visa and a country without the visa, which am I going to go to?

Where you want to go would be my answer. Might as well bitch about needing a passport to go to Canada.

Well, I've seen that happen. Niagra Falls, people demanding their Constitutional right to go to Canada, hilarious.

The point here is one of close relations between allies, are they close anymore, are they strong allies? The impact for NATO, the place the US has in the world etc. It's not just about going abroad.
If there are people demanding constitutional rights to go to Canada maybe it is the same illegal immigrants demanding the same thing when they sneak into America.

Good riddance.

Well, except that it will cost Americans money. It'll probably end up in the US losing tourism, and less flights coming via Europe and when Americans want to go to Europe, they'll pay more.

Making it harder for Americans to go to Europe will cause the US to lose tourism?

Yes, Americans spend a lot abroad, and Europeans spend a lot in the US.

20 Countries Where Tourists Spent the Most Money in 2012

"International tourists spent more money in the United States than any other country in 2012,"

Who stands to lose the most?

Both continents are going to lose out. We shouldn't be squabbling with Europe nor should they be starting shit with us. The best thing to do is for us to eliminate the visa requirement for those people visiting from those five EU nations and be done with it. This isn't worth the fight. I would imagine that's what will happen.

Yes, potentially that is so.

So why has it come to this point where the EU feels the need to do this? It's not hard to see why. They US has gone off the crazy end of the pool. But the US thinks it's better than everyone else. The EU lets in hicks from South Carolina, terrorism capital of the US, from Louisiana and Mississippi. They didn't even question the people of these countries.

Nope. YOu look at Rotherham, or Cologne and it's pretty obvious it is the World that has gone bat shit crazy and Trump is the US going sane.

Even if correct that would only explain half. And what indication is there that any ever intend to return home?
Seems obvious that they wish to turn their new homes into the same shithole they left. SSDD (same shithole different day).
How long before all the Europeans are wanting to migrate to America because Europe no longer belongs to them?
Refugees usually return to their home country because it is their home. Imagine some disaster forced you to leave your home and you end up in a strange country where you don't speak the language don't know the customs and have few if any friends or relatives. Would you want to spend the rest of your life there? For most refugees, the answer is no.

Refugee status is temporary in most countries. It is not permanent residency. In some countries, such as the US, a very small percent are accepted for resettlement which means temporary residency with the intention of filing for permanent residency.

Immigrants are very different from refugees. They are not usually forced to leave their country. They are willing giving up their home, job, friends, and relatives to build a new life in another country. Generally, they are more skilled than refugees, have more education, financial resources, and friends and relatives in their new home.

Many people don't understand why European countries are willing to accept so many immigrants. The reason is very clear. Immigrants are typically young, families with young children. The median age is usually in the mid 20's. In countries such Germany with a Median age of 46, the highest in the world and a very low birth, the population is growing older rapidly. The same is true of a number of countries in Europe for example Sweden, Denmark, Belgian, and Bulgaria. As a population ages it becomes less productive and it needs younger workers. This is why quotas are very high or nonexistent in such countries.

Sounds good to me. Lets not go over and save those assholes from themselves for a third time in a little over a century.

Start pulling U.S. Troops out of Germany now....and see how quick Angela Merkel goes to her knees.

_________

Sounds good to me. Lets not go over and save those assholes from themselves for a third time in a little over a century.

Start pulling U.S. Troops out of Germany now....and see how quick Angela Merkel goes to her knees.

_________
The US requires Visas from a half dozen EU countries so the EU will require Visas from the US. Trump would respond by requiring Visas from all European countries. Bottom line is both the US and Europe would suffer a hit on tourism.

This one time while I was stationed in Korea a group of mostly college kids decided to protest outside of one of our bases near the DMZ, The Commander concerned about troop safety decided to lock down the base and gave the order that no soldier could leave post. After 2 weeks the local shop keepers ran the protesters off. Never fuck with the common mans money it doesn't turn out well

Americans spend over 100 billion abroad every year. If the EU wants to try flexing those muscles go for it.

Could give a boost to tourism elsewhere. Win-win.

This one time while I was stationed in Korea a group of mostly college kids decided to protest outside of one of our bases near the DMZ, The Commander concerned about troop safety decided to lock down the base and gave the order that no soldier could leave post. After 2 weeks the local shop keepers ran the protesters off. Never fuck with the common mans money it doesn't turn out well

Americans spend over 100 billion abroad every year. If the EU wants to try flexing those muscles go for it.

Could give a boost to tourism elsewhere. Win-win.
With Brexit and all I say we give our cousins across the pond that boost.

Yes, Americans spend a lot abroad, and Europeans spend a lot in the US.

20 Countries Where Tourists Spent the Most Money in 2012

"International tourists spent more money in the United States than any other country in 2012,"

Who stands to lose the most?

Both continents are going to lose out. We shouldn't be squabbling with Europe nor should they be starting shit with us. The best thing to do is for us to eliminate the visa requirement for those people visiting from those five EU nations and be done with it. This isn't worth the fight. I would imagine that's what will happen.

Yes, potentially that is so.

So why has it come to this point where the EU feels the need to do this? It's not hard to see why. They US has gone off the crazy end of the pool. But the US thinks it's better than everyone else. The EU lets in hicks from South Carolina, terrorism capital of the US, from Louisiana and Mississippi. They didn't even question the people of these countries.

Nope. YOu look at Rotherham, or Cologne and it's pretty obvious it is the World that has gone bat shit crazy and Trump is the US going sane.

There are problems, but that doesn't mean Trump is sane. Usually what happens is people who come to the fore are those who are "bat shit crazy" too, like Trump.

You want to believe he's the answer to the problems you see, but I don't think that's the case.

As for Cologne, well I was there over the summer, and it didn't seem that crazy to me. I guess it depends on what you want to believe.

But again, problems need solving, going crazy doesn't solve those problems.

Good riddance.

Well, except that it will cost Americans money. It'll probably end up in the US losing tourism, and less flights coming via Europe and when Americans want to go to Europe, they'll pay more.

Making it harder for Americans to go to Europe will cause the US to lose tourism?

Yeah.

It's not that hard to see why, is it?

If the EU stops US citizens from going visa free, what do you think the US govt is going to do?

Maybe they have gotten wise to Obama letting just about anyone into the country and they are trying to protect themselves?

But Obama was kicking people out. In fact he was kicking people out much quicker than Trump was.

Bitter White Cuckold Left Winger revenge. They're the ones currently destroying Western Europe. So whatever. Fluck em.

Yes, they deliberately got themselves invaded, then deliberately caused chaos by making a power vacuum, then deliberately did all those other things like the Arab Spring that led to the Syrian conflict. Er... what?

Actually, if anyone did anything deliberate it was Bush W. The man seemed to want to create a new enemy that everyone could get behind, that would cause fear, that would unite the old allies, that would replace the USSR.

And they got it. He has caused so many problems for the normal person, it's ridiculous, and all so the right can feel good about themselves and find it easier to get elected. Oh, fucking wonderful.

You obviously have problems understanding cause and effect. Terrorists deliberately create terror; it's what they do. They also create anger that results in enemies. That's also what they do. Don't want new enemies? Don't earn them.

What is a terrorist? What's the difference between a terrorist and a nation state?

When the US invaded Iraq, then caused havoc, was this better than what ISIS has done?

A terrorist group is one that has been declared so by a nation. But can a terrorist state declare that the US is a terrorist nation?

If you look at the label and judge by the label, then what?

The US got something like 1 million people killed in Iraq. These terrorists are killing like dozens of people, and someone the US is seen as the good guy.

It's the cowboys and injuns effect. The Injuns were the bad guys, protecting their land from an invading force. The cowboys were the good guys committing genocide and ethnic cleansing. Hmmmm, it's all about how you tell the story, many people just want to believe something, so you tell it to them in that way and then they're on your side.

Bush invaded Iraq telling people all about WMDs. It didn't matter whether it was true or not, the people wanted to believe, Bush then got justification for his vile act and then set about creating Islamic terrorism in the country where it hadn't existed before.

Terrorists could quite easily be called Guerrillas. They're fighting a war, they're willing to do in a non-traditional manner because they know they can't compete. The US then tells everyone that those who don't fight by their rules are bad, because the US is comfortable with their rules, and isn't comfortable when people break the rules.

You say don't earn enemies if you don't want enemies. Who created the enemy? Why do the Muslim extremists hate the US? It can't be because the US stayed at home. The US has been in Muslim countries playing politics since the end of WW2. They caused problems in Iran, Iraq, Syria etc etc. It wasn't the Muslims going to America causing the problems.

What is a terrorist? What's the difference between a terrorist and a nation state?

When the US invaded Iraq, then caused havoc, was this better than what ISIS has done?

A terrorist group is one that has been declared so by a nation. But can a terrorist state declare that the US is a terrorist nation?

If you look at the label and judge by the label, then what?

The US got something like 1 million people killed in Iraq. These terrorists are killing like dozens of people, and someone the US is seen as the good guy.

It's the cowboys and injuns effect. The Injuns were the bad guys, protecting their land from an invading force. The cowboys were the good guys committing genocide and ethnic cleansing. Hmmmm, it's all about how you tell the story, many people just want to believe something, so you tell it to them in that way and then they're on your side.

Bush invaded Iraq telling people all about WMDs. It didn't matter whether it was true or not, the people wanted to believe, Bush then got justification for his vile act and then set about creating Islamic terrorism in the country where it hadn't existed before.

Terrorists could quite easily be called Guerrillas. They're fighting a war, they're willing to do in a non-traditional manner because they know they can't compete. The US then tells everyone that those who don't fight by their rules are bad, because the US is comfortable with their rules, and isn't comfortable when people break the rules.

You say don't earn enemies if you don't want enemies. Who created the enemy? Why do the Muslim extremists hate the US? It can't be because the US stayed at home. The US has been in Muslim countries playing politics since the end of WW2. They caused problems in Iran, Iraq, Syria etc etc. It wasn't the Muslims going to America causing the problems.

You're going to equate killing the enemy during combat with the deliberate rape murder torture of innocents for fun and profit? Seriously? If so you are one sick puppy.

Absolutely. I can't believe sane person would think there is any question.

No truth to any part of that statement.

The truth is that terrorism is NOT warfare. This is a fact recognized and agreed upon by all civilized nations long since. Feel free to reference the Geneva, Haig, and other conventions.

You say don't earn enemies if you don't want enemies. Who created the enemy? Why do the Muslim extremists hate the US?

I don't care why a bunch of blood-thirsty barbarians hate the US and I am pleased to have them as enemies.

Forum List

Back