Conservative Senators: Defund Obamacare or Shut Down Governmen

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Will the pubs stand their ground?

Will they cave?

Hearing more and more this is the last chance to avoid a complete ACA disaster.

Could this be the spark that starts the Civil unrest many say is coming?

Is this why Obama mandated and created his civilian Army "just as strong, just as well funded'?

How about the DHS and FEMA camps? The extreme ammo purchases by DHS?

Will this be the reason?

Will SHTF for real?

If the government does not get funded, and EBT cards no longer work...

Well

Conservative Senators: Defund Obamacare or Shut Down Government - ABC News

Conservative senators are threatening to shut down the government unless the implementation of Obamacare is halted.
Having railed against the Affordable Care Act (ACA) since before it passed, a group of Senate conservatives will take their fight to a new level, publicly refusing to fund the federal government if the ACA’s implementation continues.
Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) will unveil a letter on Thursday, signed by an undisclosed number of colleagues, promising to vote down the next continuing resolution if it funds ACA implementation. The current funding measure runs out Sept. 30. Unless Congress passes a new funding measure by that date, the government will shut down.

Last edited:
This is a tough one. I prefer that Obamacare fail of its own stupidity. However, knowing how DC works, those morons would keep throwing money at it until they run out of our money. Then again, anyway to stop that mess is a good way. So it looks like I support the de-funding based on the law being unworkable as written. Otherwise the admin would not need to postpone parts of it.

Will they cave?

Is this why Obama mandated and created his civilian Army "just as strong, just as well funded'?

Will this be the reason?

Will SHTF for real?

Well

Conservative senators are threatening to shut down the government unless the implementation of Obamacare is halted.
Having railed against the Affordable Care Act (ACA) since before it passed, a group of Senate conservatives will take their fight to a new level, publicly refusing to fund the federal government if the ACA’s implementation continues.
Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) will unveil a letter on Thursday, signed by an undisclosed number of colleagues, promising to vote down the next continuing resolution if it funds ACA implementation. The current funding measure runs out Sept. 30. Unless Congress passes a new funding measure by that date, the government will shut down.

EBT cards??? You my man, are a fucking idiot. Really. Not kidding around. Idiot.

Will they cave?

Will this be the reason?

Will SHTF for real?

Well

EBT cards??? You my man, are a fucking idiot. Really. Not kidding around. Idiot.

Why would they work if no funding was available?

-Geaux

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Unemployment benefits extended in tax-cut deal - CSMonitor.com

Not a given. Republicans don't care who they hurt in their quest to give ever more to the super rich.

Republicans say Obama caved.

My feeling is Obama simply couldn't stand to see millions of Americans suffer. Something Republicans not only don't have a problem with, but are in fact, "full of glee" when it happens. Let him die!
Obama has caused tremendous suffering by squandering our money, are childrens money, and our grand childrens money. If you liberals gave a shit about suffering, you would't teach dependency.

Will they cave?

Will this be the reason?

Will SHTF for real?

Well

-Geaux

I am not completely sure, but those are state funded

You reactionaries pteaching civil war can stfu. I know Mike Lee, and I know he would have no problem with you folks being put down into six feet of unmarked except by lyme if you ever rose against the government.

I have met Harry R., and if Mike and gang try to shut down government, he will use the 51 vote cloture rule against them.

This is a tough one. I prefer that Obamacare fail of its own stupidity. However, knowing how DC works, those morons would keep throwing money at it until they run out of our money. Then again, anyway to stop that mess is a good way. So it looks like I support the de-funding based on the law being unworkable as written. Otherwise the admin would not need to postpone parts of it.

With the current state of "ObarryCare", it is obvious that it is "non-workable". Pelosi was a stupid fool to believe that "passing the law to see what's in it" would ever work. She WAS correct about the fact that we have now "seen what's in it" and it's garbage.

It was nothing more than a push for "feel good" legislation to make the Obama bootlickers feel good. The fact of the matter is simple - Barry has accomplished nothing in 5 years and the center post of his "accomplishments" is a piece of garbage legislation that will never see the light of day. - Way to go Prez......

-Geaux

I am not completely sure, but those are state funded

SNAP?

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=2226

The federal government pays the full cost of SNAP benefits and splits the cost of administering the program with the states, which operate the program.

http://www.massresources.org/snap-use-benefits.html

How do I collect my SNAP food stamps?

Once you are approved for SNAP food stamps, the DTA office will send you an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, also called a Bay State Access card. Your SNAP EBT card is a debit card that you can use at food store checkouts to pay for your food.

-Geaux

Last edited:
You reactionaries pteaching civil war can stfu. I know Mike Lee, and I know he would have no problem with you folks being put down into six feet of unmarked except by lyme if you ever rose against the government.

I have met Harry R., and if Mike and gang try to shut down government, he will use the 51 vote cloture rule against them.

So you met Harry R?

:clap2:

BFD

-Geaux

Just looked up what it would cost to cover my wife with basic care (silver). A bit over 2K annually, if my income was only the SS and pension I have coming, according to the Kaiser Foundation. That I could afford, even at that reduction in income. Many more people will find that if one of them has not yet reached 65, that they can now afford to retire and still have the junior partner covered. A real plus for many seniors. And of course, you in the GOP would just rather "Let him (or her ) die".

Just looked up what it would cost to cover my wife with basic care (silver). A bit over 2K annually, if my income was only the SS and pension I have coming, according to the Kaiser Foundation. That I could afford, even at that reduction in income. Many more people will find that if one of them has not yet reached 65, that they can now afford to retire and still have the junior partner covered. A real plus for many seniors. And of course, you in the GOP would just rather "Let him (or her ) die".

I'm not GOP

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

The Real Number of Uninsured Americans | The Weekly Standard

The Real Number of Uninsured Americans
It's nowhere near 50 million Americans

-Geaux

So you met Harry R?

:clap2:

BFD

-Geaux

You are a tyke, G, and Harry will not let reactionaries shut down government.

Neither will Mitch for that matter.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Unemployment benefits extended in tax-cut deal - CSMonitor.com

Not a given. Republicans don't care who they hurt in their quest to give ever more to the super rich.

Republicans say Obama caved.

My feeling is Obama simply couldn't stand to see millions of Americans suffer. Something Republicans not only don't have a problem with, but are in fact, "full of glee" when it happens. Let him die!
Obama has caused tremendous suffering by squandering our money, are childrens money, and our grand childrens money. If you liberals gave a shit about suffering, you would't teach dependency.

What are you talking about?

They say they don't agree with their leaders they elect into office.

Republicans threaten to shut down government if they don't get their way

What else is new?

Or maybe you could just pay your own bills, parasite.

Forum List

Back