Conservative Think Tank

Here's some basic ideas which the Right really needs to get across. Of course, it will require them to grow a pair of balls first.

1. Raise the Medicare and Social Security eligibility ages to 70 and index to 9 percent of the population going forward. We are living decades longer than our ancestors who established Social Security, we should be working longer than they did.

2. Ban all tax expenditures, and I mean all. That means no mortgage interest deduction (watch the faux righties fall out and scream like hippies at this point), no employer-sponsored health insurance tax exemption. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. You can't bribe a politician to give you a carve-out if he does not have the power to do so. This will also enable us to lower everyone's tax rates, AND pay down the federal debt. Once the debt is paid off, we can lower tax rates even more.

3. Make buying health insurance the same process as buying auto, life, or home insurance.

4. Cut Defense spending. Adjusted for inflation, we are spending far more than we spent during even the hottest moments of the Cold War when we faced an actual existential threat. There is no excuse for this.

5. Return power to the states, perhaps beginning with a repeal of the 17th amendment. Again, there is no point in bribing a federal politician if he doesn't have the power to give you what you want. And it is a lot harder to capture 50 state regulatory bodies than it is to capture one federal one. It is a lot harder to capture 50 state legislatures than it is to capture one Congress.
"expenditures"? That's not the word you are looking for.

Yes. that is the exact word. That is what they are called.
What you is "exemptions".

Thus far you’re off to a dreadful start.

You’ll only do America’s youth a disservice by propagating such lies as the quoted above.

Otherwise it’s clearly your goal to create a conservative ignorance tank, devoid of thought facts, and reason.

It's true that Conservatives aren't doing enough and that we do have a "dreadful start" where reaching America's youth is concerned. It's likely because Conservatives are generally more mature than Liberals and discuss issues amongst themselves while Liberals feel more at home with folks who are less mature. (Just a little logic).

However, kids aren't as immature as adults assume. Especially today where they're hooked on Social media. They pick up a lot of information in a day. So ... my suggestion is that young Conservatives start reaching out to the youngsters who are lost in the Liberal wilderness and help them find their way back home to a more traditional, sensible America.

Dear DS: I was trying to set up a partnership program with Young Republicans, local businesses, and talk radio hosts.

The ideas I am getting from here
A. setting up a separate constitutional network of the legal foundations, watchdog institutions, and other groups to redress Constitutional grievances and ethics complaints of partisan or corporate conflicts of interest. I found two people or candidates, one D and one R, working to set up websites to check the media for accuracy vs. political bias.
we don't have enough check on the parties and legal/judicial abuses, so the people are the final check and must be educated and organized, including legal resources. if we need to set up our own courts for mediating and having public hearings, this will stop the nonsense
we need a check outside the system, the system cannot be expected to check itself fully.

Baker Institute and South TX college of law are collaborating on drug policy reforms and studies on the areas of impact. we need to do more of that for all issues in dispute.

B. media outreach
I have written a collection of political spoofs on popular songs for Constitutional outreach and to promote fundraising for solutions taht are sustainable so we don't rely on govt
we set up our own model reforms or programs, and let govt follow those examples of what works by what is proven first, not lobbying or campaigning for things not proven yet. it is backwards. we need to invest in R&D on the programs and policies, and base govt on that.

I will post links. I want to dedicate these projects to setting up media and production teams with the activists and political candidates working together on promoting solutions directly.

we can have fun and solve political problems at the same time. i think this will take off.
if we can make it profitable, all the money will go into sustainable solutions, not political lobbying that doesn't solve anything.

I will add to this post as I organize all the links to songs to produce for outreach videos.
the points is to attract people and resources to organize around collaborative solutions.

================
list of links to be added:

* http://www.houstonprogressive.org
* Obama Gangsta Style - Lyrics for Video Contest
* http://www.emilynghiem.com.istemp.com/fa/JudgmentCall2011.avi
* music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs
* Juliet & Romeo: A Play on Life in America

I have some of these posted under POLITICAL SATIRE.
hope to work with Young Republicans and Democrats to get them produced for radio
and do video contests to go viral and raise money to mediate and correct
constitutional disputes in public policy.

Sorry for the late response. For some reason, this thread disappeared from my active "subscription" list so I missed it.

Thank you so much for your participation in our political process. I'm not doing as much as I should because I'm far more involved in gun rights groups. I'm a member of the RMGO (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners) group, the NRA (National Rifle Association), and the GOA (Gun Owners of America). I'm also actively supporting a local charity called the Denver Rescue Mission.

Anyway, I've been wondering how I can go about presenting young folks with the truth. Since I am in my 50s I'm looking for sites that are run by young individuals who don't buy into the nonsense the public schools are shoving down their throats. I've posted a couple of videos of young folks who are doing a pretty good job and who have a pretty big following.

Here's another that I saw on a different thread. I'm going to try to compile as many of these sorts of sites or Youtube clips as possible and start sending them to everyone I know. I'm going to encourage them to share these site with the young folks they have in their families. Even if we can only plant some seeds of common sense there's a good chance that they will sprout down the road.

You are what you say we are: Bigots ? Matt Walsh DESTROYS gay rights fascists | Young Conservatives

Dear G5000: the route I am suggesting
is that the major parties separate, and use their own administrations and memberships
to set up, fund and run their own programs.

They can troubleshoot, perfect, and prove their systems first.
Then we can make educated choices by AGREEMENT what to implement into central govt
or what to keep local per region, party or state.

if we can't agree, it stays local to the groups who support these reforms or solutions.
If we can agree, it can go statewide or national.

but whether or not we agree, the parties who do agree with each other
can go ahead, fund their own reforms, deduct from taxes and manage
that part themselves.

we don't need to agree unilateral before even setting it up.
Let's set it up first, work out the best ideas like the plans and reforms you laid out,
and where enough people agree to set up a model, even just a few people who
can rally support to launch a pilot program, you can do that without fighting with
anyone else to change their minds. Just do it, organize committed teams
and implement on the level that you can manage independently.

What do you think, aren't there enough people organized by party, by political nonprofit, by business, church or charity to set up systems as models for govt reform?

What if we all lobbied candidates for office to create JOBS, paid positions in these areas
as PART of the campaign outreach and fundraisin? wouldn't investing directly in model solutions to prove they work better be more effective in campaigning to show leadership and management experience?

Here's some basic ideas which the Right really needs to get across. Of course, it will require them to grow a pair of balls first.

1. Raise the Medicare and Social Security eligibility ages to 70 and index to 9 percent of the population going forward. We are living decades longer than our ancestors who established Social Security, we should be working longer than they did.

2. Ban all tax expenditures, and I mean all. That means no mortgage interest deduction (watch the faux righties fall out and scream like hippies at this point), no employer-sponsored health insurance tax exemption. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. You can't bribe a politician to give you a carve-out if he does not have the power to do so. This will also enable us to lower everyone's tax rates, AND pay down the federal debt. Once the debt is paid off, we can lower tax rates even more.

3. Make buying health insurance the same process as buying auto, life, or home insurance.

4. Cut Defense spending. Adjusted for inflation, we are spending far more than we spent during even the hottest moments of the Cold War when we faced an actual existential threat. There is no excuse for this.

5. Return power to the states, perhaps beginning with a repeal of the 17th amendment. Again, there is no point in bribing a federal politician if he doesn't have the power to give you what you want. And it is a lot harder to capture 50 state regulatory bodies than it is to capture one federal one. It is a lot harder to capture 50 state legislatures than it is to capture one Congress.

Notice I not only balanced the budget, I created an astronomical surplus and cut tax rates. Without threatening a single food stamp or Obamaphone.

Sorry for the late response. For some reason, this thread disappeared from my active "subscription" list so I missed it.

Thank you so much for your participation in our political process. I'm not doing as much as I should because I'm far more involved in gun rights groups. I'm a member of the RMGO (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners) group, the NRA (National Rifle Association), and the GOA (Gun Owners of America). I'm also actively supporting a local charity called the Denver Rescue Mission.

Anyway, I've been wondering how I can go about presenting young folks with the truth. Since I am in my 50s I'm looking for sites that are run by young individuals who don't buy into the nonsense the public schools are shoving down their throats. I've posted a couple of videos of young folks who are doing a pretty good job and who have a pretty big following.

Here's another that I saw on a different thread. I'm going to try to compile as many of these sorts of sites or Youtube clips as possible and start sending them to everyone I know. I'm going to encourage them to share these site with the young folks they have in their families. Even if we can only plant some seeds of common sense there's a good chance that they will sprout down the road.

You are what you say we are: Bigots ? Matt Walsh DESTROYS gay rights fascists | Young Conservatives

Hi DS a very important advantage in focusing on citizens and gun rights is the issue of (a) educating and training people on the Constitutional laws (b) teaching people and committing to defending these laws, the same way police and military officers do, and upholding these for all citizens, not just one party or the people we align/agree with.

This is the key to checking government and preventing abuses, especially with firearms.

1. a group on the cutting edge I've recommended before, especially with gun rights and properly trained citizens is the Armed Citizen Project. Welcome to The Armed Citizen Project | Armed Citizen Project

Kyle Copeland is active with Young Republicans, and I hoped to help him to expand his program as a study on crime reduction to other cities.

2. what I would most like to add to this approach is general outreach to education all citizens on how to empower themselves by invoking and defending Constitutional laws directly.

I would like to study how that would reduce rates of crime and abuse, if all people had free and equal access to Constitutional education and training, especially assistance to redress grievances, mediate conflicts, and negotiate settlements and restitution for abuses. Not just in theory, but actually write out agreements (not rulings that people don't agree to and wont' enforce) and a system of paying back the debts and damages owed.

People would pay attention if Constitutional laws got them solutions to their problems.

3. Also if that works, then proposing for districts to be able to vote and implement standards on citizenship or residency in their jurisdiction, similar to homeowners associations that have rules against nuisance or trash dumping. The problems with civil associations is there is not enough check, so people get screwed; they pay too much, and if they mess up the larger group can fine them, sue them or seize their property in extreme cases. So we need to make sure there is secure due process and checks on decisions, which I would recommend be done by consensus where all objections must be included, answered and corrected or replaced with another option until the issues are resolved and all parties agree how to settle the problem.

If people cannot commit to such a process, this is where I find we have different levels of citizenship. I am worried some people are not legally or politically competent if they cannot respect the rights of other people, and abuse or exclude others such as harassment or discrimination based on not believing in each other's views or creeds, etc.

I think we need to address this. I think all citizens should sign agreements to follow the laws, be financially legally and socially responsible for any damages caused to others especially by premediated crimes, and be willing to mediate and resolve grievances by consensus by catching these conflicts while they are still on a civil or Constitutional level of policy BEFORE it becomes an abuse or criminal problem.

So why not tie this is with immigration reform, and start looking at requirements for all citizens so we are not just targeting immigrants; but all people sign agreements not to commit crimes, and be educated on the costs involved for prosecution and incarceration.

If we taught peopel the costs as part of citizenship training to become a legal voting adult citizen at 18, would it reduce crime if people agreed to pay costs or restitution if convicted of a premediated crime?

Kyle's ACP program focuses on training law abiding qualified citizens in safe and responsible gun ownership, use and policies. What if we expanded that to training all citizens in Constitutional law enforcement, due process, and redress of grievances, including setting up assistance to walk people through and help them work with whichever level of govt it takes to redress a grievance and solve a problem so we nip it in the bud
and education/train people at the same time to be responsible and stop abuses and crime.

Forum List

Back