Conservatives and Liberals: A little more civility please

What law failed us, Malcontent?

President elect losing the election by 2.5 million votes. The original purpose of the EC no longer being used and at this point it's only a formality to meet constitutional requirements. Other than that it serves no purpose other than occasionally change the results of presidential elections.

It does more harm than good.
In what way again?

Laws regarding the selection of the President failed in what way? Remember now, you're dialog is with someone who lacks your intellect.

Trump lost by 2.5 million. That's close but far from unsubstantial. There is no upside for the EC.
No answer, then.

I just told you, the clear loser won the EC. There is no benefit to the EC. Sorry it's not what you want to hear.

:lmao:

OMG, another moron who thinks the candidates ran for the popular vote. You really think Hillary was that stupid?

Conservatives and Liberals: The election is over. I think both sides need to stop inflaming this situation. Democrats need to stop the protests, show business tours, and accept the results of the election. Republicans need to stop the name calling, trash talking and other "in your face" behavior. I know it's too much to ask for American voters to behave like civilized people, but hope springs eternal.

Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton displayed good manners and respect in their speeches immediately after the election. Maybe American voters should do the same.:bye1:

Well the display of 'good manners' ended after election night. Didn't you hear? Trump totally won the popular vote and he didn't scapegoat brown people at all for his over 2 million vote loss.

Civility, sure. Who doesn't want that? However this place is poison and it's never going to happen at USMB.
You mean the Trump landslide?
The landslide where 2.5 million more people voted for the other candidate?

I am the 'constitutional sort' as I accept the result of the election. That doesn't mean I agree with everything in the Constitution, there is nothing patriotic about not questioning our laws when they fail us.

As a country we have mostly trended to a more representative government than what the founders had in mind, the electoral college is just another relic of the past.

President elect losing the election by 2.5 million votes. The original purpose of the EC no longer being used and at this point it's only a formality to meet constitutional requirements. Other than that it serves no purpose other than occasionally change the results of presidential elections.

In what way again?

Laws regarding the selection of the President failed in what way? Remember now, you're dialog is with someone who lacks your intellect.

Trump lost by 2.5 million. That's close but far from unsubstantial. There is no upside for the EC.
No answer, then.

Answers are not something Zippy provides. They are what he whines to high heaven about when he doesn't get them in response to his contrived, disingenuous questions

Conservatives and Liberals: The election is over. I think both sides need to stop inflaming this situation. Democrats need to stop the protests, show business tours, and accept the results of the election. Republicans need to stop the name calling, trash talking and other "in your face" behavior. I know it's too much to ask for American voters to behave like civilized people, but hope springs eternal.

Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton displayed good manners and respect in their speeches immediately after the election. Maybe American voters should do the same.:bye1:
So you assume that all democrats are liberals only and republicans are all conservative in manner, you couldn't be more wrong...Next you will be telling me that black is white..

True, Democrats aren't liberals, you are authoritarian leftists, the opposite. Libertarians are liberals, we respect the rights of the minority.

And Republicans have pretty much stood for nothing. We'll have to see how that progresses under Trump. Should be interesting

I applaud your sentiment, but it's a pipe dream.

The wingers are more concerned with "beating" the other "side" than they are about what's best for the country as a whole.

Ideology over country. Not sure exactly when we reached that point, but it seems as if it's happened over the last generation.
Started with, and growing since, the advent of Rush and Newt, and the end of the Fairness Doctrine. Liars and dupes have taken over the GOP. Or it's the New Trump Party.
I know, it's always "their" fault.

Those guys, over there.

That was the point of my post.

So you assume that all democrats are liberals only and republicans are all conservative in manner, you couldn't be more wrong...Next you will be telling me that black is white..

True, Democrats aren't liberals, you are authoritarian leftists, the opposite. Libertarians are liberals, we respect the rights of the minority.

And Republicans have pretty much stood for nothing. We'll have to see how that progresses under Trump. Should be interesting
I ruled with an iron fist in my house, if not those little rebels will overthrow you..

I disagree. The Liberals do all of the following and more:

Name calling
trash talking

Name calling
trash talking

Really? It's USMB, I'm pretty sure there is name calling and trash talking on both sides. But you'd have to be honest to acknowledge that.

Name calling
trash talking

Really? It's USMB, I'm pretty sure there is name calling and trash talking on both sides. But you'd have to be honest to acknowledge that.

That's just racist.

Name calling
trash talking

I read you don't comprehend what you've written.

In what way again?

No answer, then.

I just told you, the clear loser won the EC. There is no benefit to the EC. Sorry it's not what you want to hear.
Do you not understand how the electoral college works?

Well the display of 'good manners' ended after election night. Didn't you hear? Trump totally won the popular vote and he didn't scapegoat brown people at all for his over 2 million vote loss.

Civility, sure. Who doesn't want that? However this place is poison and it's never going to happen at USMB.
You mean the Trump landslide?
The landslide where 2.5 million more people voted for the other candidate?
Awwww....your Hillary lost...snowflake.....

In what way again?

No answer, then.

Yep, I do understand how it works. But if you want to give me an education then please continue.

In what way again?

No answer, then.

Yep, I do understand how it works. But if you want to give me an education then please continue.
I mean, you said "The clear user won", yet from what I saw, the electoral votes, the things that matter, Trump won. That makes your statement false. You know?

Not really a constitutional sort, are you.

You think the presidential selection process was supposed to be governed by popular will? You've fallen for the sham, Liberal.

I am the 'constitutional sort' as I accept the result of the election. That doesn't mean I agree with everything in the Constitution, there is nothing patriotic about not questioning our laws when they fail us.

As a country we have mostly trended to a more representative government than what the founders had in mind, the electoral college is just another relic of the past.
Tell the truth, if Clinton's and Trump's position were reversed, he had won the popular vote but she had won the election, you would think the electoral college was the greatest thing in the Constitution.

No, it would have happened twice in 16 years, it needs to end.

But, nice admission on your part.
I asked you to tell the truth.

I did. Regardless of who won the EC, the EC needs to end.
I understand, you are not clear on what the word, truth, means.

No answer, then.

I mean, you said "The clear user won", yet from what I saw, the electoral votes, the things that matter, Trump won. That makes your statement false. You know?

I said the clear loser won, not 'user', that's a weird typo.

Obviously I'm referring to the popular vote which Trump lost. I believe the popular vote represents and accurate measure of the will of the people where as the EC only distorts it. Such as in 2008 where Obama won by a landslide, but by popular vote standards he didn't.

Tell the truth, if Clinton's and Trump's position were reversed, he had won the popular vote but she had won the election, you would think the electoral college was the greatest thing in the Constitution.

No, it would have happened twice in 16 years, it needs to end.

But, nice admission on your part.
I asked you to tell the truth.

I did. Regardless of who won the EC, the EC needs to end.
I understand, you are not clear on what the word, truth, means.

I did tell you the truth. I think if Clinton won the EC college but lost the popular vote my opinion wouldn't change. The winner of the EC in 2016 should be president, I think going forward there should be a serious effort to get rid of or render impotent the EC.

That's my honest opinion.

No answer, then.

I said the clear loser won, not 'user', that's a weird typo.

Obviously I'm referring to the popular vote which Trump lost. I believe the popular vote represents and accurate measure of the will of the people where as the EC only distorts it. Such as in 2008 where Obama won by a landslide, but by popular vote standards he didn't.
Oh, you're right, I did typo. I meant "Loser", but you know that.

This is not a Democracy, the popular vote, even if it was accurate, doesn't matter, since we are a Republic. The Electoral College was designed to give equal representation. I, personally, love the Electoral College, regardless of which candidate wins.

Without the EC we might as well just get rid of elections as the POTUS will be determined by the residents of LA, SF, Chicago, NY & DC.

Forum List

Back