Conservatives and Liberals: A little more civility please

Tell the truth, if Clinton's and Trump's position were reversed, he had won the popular vote but she had won the election, you would think the electoral college was the greatest thing in the Constitution.

No, it would have happened twice in 16 years, it needs to end.

But, nice admission on your part.
I asked you to tell the truth.

I did. Regardless of who won the EC, the EC needs to end.
I understand, you are not clear on what the word, truth, means.

I did tell you the truth. I think if Clinton won the EC college but lost the popular vote my opinion wouldn't change. The winner of the EC in 2016 should be president, I think going forward there should be a serious effort to get rid of or render impotent the EC.

That's my honest opinion.
No, that's not the truth. You would not be on here complaining that Trump should have been president.

I just told you, the clear loser won the EC. There is no benefit to the EC. Sorry it's not what you want to hear.
Do you not understand how the electoral college works?

Yep, I do understand how it works. But if you want to give me an education then please continue.
I mean, you said "The clear user won", yet from what I saw, the electoral votes, the things that matter, Trump won. That makes your statement false. You know?

I said the clear loser won, not 'user', that's a weird typo.

Obviously I'm referring to the popular vote which Trump lost. I believe the popular vote represents and accurate measure of the will of the people where as the EC only distorts it. Such as in 2008 where Obama won by a landslide, but by popular vote standards he didn't.
Oh, you're right, I did typo. I meant "Loser", but you know that.

Yes, I just told you that.

This is not a Democracy, the popular vote, even if it was accurate, doesn't matter, since we are a Republic. The Electoral College was designed to give equal representation. I, personally, love the Electoral College, regardless of which candidate wins.

The electoral college has nothing to do with use being a republic or a direct democracy. If we ditched the electoral college we would still very much be a republic where we elect individuals to represent us.

Seriously, read a book.

Yep, I do understand how it works. But if you want to give me an education then please continue.
I mean, you said "The clear user won", yet from what I saw, the electoral votes, the things that matter, Trump won. That makes your statement false. You know?

Obviously I'm referring to the popular vote which Trump lost. I believe the popular vote represents and accurate measure of the will of the people where as the EC only distorts it. Such as in 2008 where Obama won by a landslide, but by popular vote standards he didn't.

This is not a Democracy, the popular vote, even if it was accurate, doesn't matter, since we are a Republic. The Electoral College was designed to give equal representation. I, personally, love the Electoral College, regardless of which candidate wins.

The electoral college has nothing to do with use being a republic or a direct democracy. If we ditched the electoral college we would still very much be a republic where we elect individuals to represent us.

Seriously, read a book.
Without the EC it would be mob rule... fact

I did tell you the truth. I think if Clinton won the EC college but lost the popular vote my opinion wouldn't change. The winner of the EC in 2016 should be president, I think going forward there should be a serious effort to get rid of or render impotent the EC.

No, that's not the truth. You would not be on here complaining that Trump should have been president.

Whether I would be on here complaining or not is another matter. I firmly believe regardless of who won this year the EC should go away, this is not a new opinion for me, it's just more front and center considering the outcome.

That is my honest opinion.

Seriously, read a book.
That would be a representative Democracy.

Seriously, read a book.
Without the EC it would be mob rule... fact

How so? Please explain. :badgrin:

Seriously, read a book.

Yes, the modern definitions of Representative Democracy and Republic are pretty much the same.

Do me a favor, find the definition for Republic that requires an electoral college system for the executive branch. I'll be waiting right here.

Seriously, read a book.
The electoral college gives a voice to the small states which would otherwise be effectively governed from Sacramento. That is also the reason the Senate gives Delaware and California the same number of representatives. Without these measures there would have been no United States, and these reasons are still strong enough to prevent a Constitutional amendment to get rid of the electoral college so why make a fool of yourself whining about it?

Seriously, read a book.

Yes, the modern definitions of Representative Democracy and Republic are pretty much the same.

Do me a favor, find the definition for Republic that requires an electoral college system for the executive branch. I'll be waiting right here.
And the modern definitions are free to be wrong. Much like you.

Seriously, read a book.

^^^^^see.....

electoral-college-population.jpg

Without the EC only votes that would count are in the blue… Fact

Whether I would be on here complaining or not is another matter. I firmly believe regardless of who won this year the EC should go away, this is not a new opinion for me, it's just more front and center considering the outcome.

Bullshit.

Anyone else notice "Happy Joy" is doing EXACTLY what he insists others should not do?

Perhaps if said OP used his head instead of his ass he'd realize his ass is only good for two things, athletics and poop.

The electoral college has nothing to do with use being a republic or a direct democracy. If we ditched the electoral college we would still very much be a republic where we elect individuals to represent us

Seriously, read a book.
The electoral college gives a voice to the small states which would otherwise be effectively governed from Sacramento. That is also the reason the Senate gives Delaware and California the same number of representatives. Without these measures there would have been no United States, and these reasons are still strong enough to prevent a Constitutional amendment to get rid of the electoral college so why make a fool of yourself whining about it?

No it doesn't. Wyoming, Alaska and Rhode Island had zero voice and they will continue to be ignored after the election because nobody lives there, nobody campaigns there. That is a farce.

You know who doesn't get a voice? Conservatives in California, millions of voters, about 40% of the state, they don't have a single electoral college vote to share. While half a million in Wyoming get 4. There is nothing democratic about that.

Anyway, you really don't need a constitutional amendment. If enough states pass laws to give their electoral college votes to the winner of the popular vote then the EC is for all purposes non functional. You really only need enough states to equal 270 electoral votes to get there and that is possibly attainable.

Bullshit.

Bullshit what? That the only reason you appear to support the EC is because of the turnout and you feel I since I'm a Democrat I must hold the exact opposite position as you?

Sorry, The EC is crap.

Trump should have been President?
He is the new President :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back