Conservatives and Liberals: A little more civility please

Conservatives and Liberals: The election is over. I think both sides need to stop inflaming this situation. Democrats need to stop the protests, show business tours, and accept the results of the election. Republicans need to stop the name calling, trash talking and other "in your face" behavior. I know it's too much to ask for American voters to behave like civilized people, but hope springs eternal.

Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton displayed good manners and respect in their speeches immediately after the election. Maybe American voters should do the same.:bye1:

Well, for many people on boards like this, they only come on to entertain themselves. The politics isn't even secondary, it's somewhere far behind the insults and making themselves right the whole time.

Nonsense. The labor force participation rate is the percentage of the labor force that is either working or looking for work; it has nothing to do with the actual size of the labor but with the percent that is either working or looking for work.
The labor force is defined as all those who are working or looking for work (employed plus unemployed). So the percentage of the labor force that is either working or looking for work will always be 100%.

The Labor Force participation rate is the percent of the adult civilian noninstitutional population that is in the labor force.

The participation rate has dropped steadily since Obama took office, and unless you believe all the people who stopped looking for work either won the lottery or had a rich uncle that died, it means they lost hope of finding a job in the Obama economy.
Reasons to leave the labor force:
Retirement
Illness/injury/pregnancy
Need to take care of family member
Child care too expensive
Prefer to stay home with kids
Discouragement

Leaving the labor force and the population:
Death
Emigration
Joining the military
Going to jail
Admitted to a nursing home, mental health facility etc.

So let's say the ecomy gets so much better that fewer high school student get jobs, more families can afford to have one spouse stay home etc. the participation rate drops

Well the display of 'good manners' ended after election night. Didn't you hear? Trump totally won the popular vote and he didn't scapegoat brown people at all for his over 2 million vote loss.

Civility, sure. Who doesn't want that? However this place is poison and it's never going to happen at USMB.
You mean the Trump landslide?

There's no such thing. He won the election on a technicality, just like Bush the first time.
Are you retarded? The electoral college isn't a technicality. It's the only way to win a presidential race.

The electoral college is a sham that needs to end. Trump lost the most important part of democratic elections, votes.
Not really a constitutional sort, are you.

You think the presidential selection process was supposed to be governed by popular will? You've fallen for the sham, Liberal.

I am the 'constitutional sort' as I accept the result of the election. That doesn't mean I agree with everything in the Constitution, there is nothing patriotic about not questioning our laws when they fail us.

As a country we have mostly trended to a more representative government than what the founders had in mind, the electoral college is just another relic of the past.

Conservatives and Liberals: The election is over. I think both sides need to stop inflaming this situation. Democrats need to stop the protests, show business tours, and accept the results of the election. Republicans need to stop the name calling, trash talking and other "in your face" behavior. I know it's too much to ask for American voters to behave like civilized people, but hope springs eternal.

Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton displayed good manners and respect in their speeches immediately after the election. Maybe American voters should do the same.:bye1:

Well the display of 'good manners' ended after election night. Didn't you hear? Trump totally won the popular vote and he didn't scapegoat brown people at all for his over 2 million vote loss.

Civility, sure. Who doesn't want that? However this place is poison and it's never going to happen at USMB.

There's no such thing. He won the election on a technicality, just like Bush the first time.
The EC is how we, a republic, elect presidents. How is that a technicality?

Trump wins an asterisk after his name. No mandate, unpopular, lost by 2.5 million votes.

Since 1992 Republicans have only won the popular vote once. That is an astoundingly bad record.

Since you addressed it to this board, note the number of butt hurt threads they are starting blasting Trump compared to the few threads blasting Hillary since the election. And seriously, you only see Republicans name calling?

Are you retarded? The electoral college isn't a technicality. It's the only way to win a presidential race.

The electoral college is a sham that needs to end. Trump lost the most important part of democratic elections, votes.

You think the presidential selection process was supposed to be governed by popular will? You've fallen for the sham, Liberal.

I am the 'constitutional sort' as I accept the result of the election. That doesn't mean I agree with everything in the Constitution, there is nothing patriotic about not questioning our laws when they fail us.

As a country we have mostly trended to a more representative government than what the founders had in mind, the electoral college is just another relic of the past.

Yes, tyranny of the majority is the new liberty ...

That's not what tyranny of the majority means. Jesus, you people are dumb.

Here's something for you to ignore:

(politics) A situation in which a government or other authority democratically supported by a majority of its subjects makes policies or takes actions benefiting that majority, without regard for the rights or welfare of the rest of its subjects.
Read more at Tyranny-of-the-majority dictionary definition | tyranny-of-the-majority defined

(politics) A situation in which a government or other authority democratically supported by a majority of its subjects makes policies or takes actions benefiting that majority, without regard for the rights or welfare of the rest of its subjects.
Read more at Tyranny-of-the-majority dictionary definition | tyranny-of-the-majority defined

Right, read the definition, that's exactly what I'm saying. Tyranny of the majority is three wolves and a sheep voting what to have for dinner. You want to vote away the liberty and property of the minority because you are consumed with wealth envy and greed

Trump wins an asterisk after his name. No mandate, unpopular, lost by 2.5 million votes.

Since 1992 Republicans have only won the popular vote once. That is an astoundingly bad record.
LOL. Democrats have shriveled to nothing across the country and the Republicans have an astoundingly bad record. See, that's why I could never be a liberal. You don't have an honest bone in your body. Every fiber of your being is dedicated to pushing your wet dreams onto the people and you do what it takes. Only it isn't so easy now that people are onto it.

Any asterisk is between your ears, the country wasn't see up to let heavily populated areas control the entire nation. A nation of states, another pet peeve of lefties. They want supreme central control.

Right, read the definition, that's exactly what I'm saying. Tyranny of the majority is three wolves and a sheep voting what to have for dinner. You want to vote away the liberty and property of the minority because you are consumed with wealth envy and greed

I just gave you the definition.

LOL. Democrats have shriveled to nothing across the country and the Republicans have an astoundingly bad record. See, that's why I could never be a liberal. You don't have an honest bone in your body. Every fiber of your being is dedicated to pushing your wet dreams onto the people and you do what it takes. Only it isn't so easy now that people are onto it.

Any asterisk is between your ears, the country wasn't see up to let heavily populated areas control the entire nation. A nation of states, another pet peeve of lefties. They want supreme central control.

Yet Democrats keep winning the popular vote. The GOP can't win without the competition being handicapped.

Hardcore partisan ideologues always claim a "mandate", regardless of how close the vote actually is.

It's just an excuse to shove as much of their agenda down our throats as they possibly can.

Then, when they over-interpret their "mandate" and go too far, they get voted out.

Ideologues don't learn, they just keep blindly & narcissistically pushing in their direction no matter what.

Trump is beyond narcissism, he's a full blown sociopath. Do a quick Google search for traits and he falls into all of them with the exception that I think he does love his kids. He's impervious to love in his marriages, as we have witnessed and he has no close friends.

They sell butt hurt cream at the CVS…

They sell butt hurt cream at the CVS…

How would you know?

Yep. Try reading my post again. Your definition was correct, and that's exactly what you want

Yep. Try reading my post again. Your definition was correct, and that's exactly what you want

The electoral college had absolutely nothing to do with protecting the rights of the minority. It was created so that a small elitist group could control who was elected President. We've moved so far from the purpose or the place to even have an electoral college. it exists only to satisfy the basic requirements of the constitution at this point.

The electoral college had absolutely nothing to do with protecting the rights of the minority. It was created so that a small elitist group could control who was elected President. We've moved so far from the purpose or the place to even have an electoral college. it exists only to satisfy the basic requirements of the constitution at this point.

Gotcha, Karl. I don't know what that means, but then you don't either

Right, Adolf, the GOP is afraid of the will of the people.

How so Paul Joseph?

How so Paul Joseph?

It's been covered, Dilbert.

Forum List

Back