Conservatives and Libertarians need to be allies

Thanks to William F. Buckley I rejected liberalism decades ago. Mostly because I read an op ed with the headline "A Plea to Legalize Marijuana". Being a dedicated stoner at the time I was delighted to read the column, and astounded to find out he was a :eek: "conservative". It allowed me to consider the possibility I had been misled about what conservatism was.

I quickly found out I was wrong about a lot. I now reject liberalism in all it's forms. What few things I agree with liberals about has more to do with libertarian principles, because I don't believe liberals support these ideas because they're concerned with individual rights. Liberals only support "freedom" when it undermines religious morality and destabilizes social normality.

I'm a big fan of Penn Jillette, and I think Glen Beck represents a wholesome conservative perspective. I enjoyed this video below.

Glenn Beck talks to Penn Jillette, author of "Every Day is an Atheist Holiday! More Magical Tales" - YouTube

I think Chris Christie is a douchebag. The libertarian wing of the republicrat party needs to become dominant. The divisions among the right need to focus on defeating the collectivist PC thugs. Make their lives so miserable they decide to flee to Cuba. Libertarians and conservatives and even atheists are concerned about freedom. I think Penn makes a great argument that if these perspectives drag the republicrat party in that direction, we'll all end up agreeing most of the time on most every issue.

Focus on freedom, defeat the collectivist bed wetters. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Get Jesus out of the conservative movement and save the GOP. It's that simple.

Way to show tolerance to the majority of Americans you fucking ignorant Bigot.

When it comes to economic matters, narco-libertarians and conservatives agree like 99.9% of the time. When it comes to social matters and foreign policy the narcos are far more like the old Left libs. Listen to Noam Trotsky on foreign policy and he sounds about like Ron Paul.

If the narco-libtards want any role in gov't they'll have to suck up the social part and get on board.

Yet the social part is what is killing the Republican party. Preach the Gospel to your heart's content in the churches and on the street corners, but not in your politics. Change men's hearts one at a time and it will color and influence their personal actions and how they vote. Force your particular brand of religious morality on those who don't want it thru legislation and fall from power. Simple as that and happening right before our eyes. Liberty is liberty. We can pay lip service to it or we can actually support and defend it.

Then why is it that Republicans keep nominating MODERATE pussies who are not SOCIALLY conservative and they still lose?

When it comes to economic matters, narco-libertarians and conservatives agree like 99.9% of the time. When it comes to social matters and foreign policy the narcos are far more like the old Left libs. Listen to Noam Trotsky on foreign policy and he sounds about like Ron Paul.

If the narco-libtards want any role in gov't they'll have to suck up the social part and get on board.

Yet the social part is what is killing the Republican party. Preach the Gospel to your heart's content in the churches and on the street corners, but not in your politics. Change men's hearts one at a time and it will color and influence their personal actions and how they vote. Force your particular brand of religious morality on those who don't want it thru legislation and fall from power. Simple as that and happening right before our eyes. Liberty is liberty. We can pay lip service to it or we can actually support and defend it.

Then why is it that Republicans keep nominating MODERATE pussies who are not SOCIALLY conservative and they still lose?

Because they either like to lose and complain or they are true blue dumbfucks. My money is on the latter.

Sorry not gonna sell my principles out to be on the winning team. I pick the best candidate period. Want my vote? Change the voting system to allow me to pick my order of candidates, then you might get my vote for my second best candidate if my first favorite does not get into the top two. Till then I will vote for the best candidate irregardless of who the msm says are the only two to vote for.

That's very noble and I'm sure you sleep well at night congratulating yourself on how principled you are.
In the adult world though such actions make you irrelevant to the political process.
Tough fucking titties.

Quit blaming the customer for your horseshit neocon product.
We know your used to being irrelevant....Yet for some reason you always want people to see how irrelevant you are.... To bad only a few of us even take notice huh?

Tough fucking titties.

Quit blaming the customer for your horseshit neocon product.

With all due respect, people aren't exactly lining up to buy your product either.
How about giving real freedom and free enterprise and real cuts in spending and bureaucracy a fair hearing in the arena of ideas, rather than smearing and lying about libertarians like liberoidals do?

And the rest of the people be damned right?

With all due respect, people aren't exactly lining up to buy your product either.
How about giving real freedom and free enterprise and real cuts in spending and bureaucracy a fair hearing in the arena of ideas, rather than smearing and lying about libertarians like liberoidals do?

And the rest of the people be damned right?

Yes. Especially those who wear nametags to work.

Because narco-libertarians come with other baggage, like isolationism

How is that interventionism working out for you? Lost any relatives on 09/11? Love them TSA agents handling your junk at the nation's airports?

and a healthy dose of anti semitism.

Identify one single Libertarian website which is "anti-semite?

Also radical views on social issues.

Why is maximum liberty wrong?

This is why they lose every time.

Isn't the reason we lose every time the fact that Libertarians have never promised to use US Treasury funds to BUY votes from parasites and war profiteers?

How did ignoring what the world after WWI work for us?

INteresting read this AM in the WSJ op-ed that makes a good case that people don't vote for "real conservatives." People vote for attractive charismatic politicians.

The differences on those issues are unbridgeable. Real conservatives believe in a strong engaged America.

Yes. Such as nation building in the middle east and police State building at home. Engaged in several proxy wars, aiding the enemy, flipping international law the bird and a host of other "strong engagements" that people like Rabbi love so dearly. Which makes one wonder why he's not an Obama supporter except that partisan log jammed in the eye....

He's correct. GOP "conservatives" and libertarians have unbridgeable differences. That's why we can not unite. Libertarians stand on principles, while the so called "conservatives" are just another special interest group vote bloc. Much like welfare recipients. Just a different kind of welfare.

Nation building would have saved 6 million Jews.

Thanks to William F. Buckley I rejected liberalism decades ago. Mostly because I read an op ed with the headline "A Plea to Legalize Marijuana". Being a dedicated stoner at the time I was delighted to read the column, and astounded to find out he was a :eek: "conservative". It allowed me to consider the possibility I had been misled about what conservatism was.

I call myself a libertarian because that's what gives people the clearest idea of my views. However, I consider myself a conservative, because I consider it conservative to believe that a small government doesn't own our bodies and that we don't belong having our military in people's shit.

If conservatives would become more conservative and stop trying to control their fellow citizens choices no matter how stupid they are and force other countries to have governments that aren't supported by their citizens because they were forced by foreign influences, then what you propose would not be an issue. In the mean time, it is.

It'll probably be difficult to get them to join us when we belittle them, and misrepresent their platforms. Not that I'm even disagreeing with your pretense, but the delivery isn't helping promote a discussion between the differnces we have.

The differences on those issues are unbridgeable. Real conservatives believe in a strong engaged America. The narcos basically follow the Obama agenda. This is part of why real conservatives hate Obama. So they will hate the narcos for the same reason.
Fortunately the narcos represent about 2% of voters (and 40% of internet posters), so they are pretty marginal at best. Add in that most of them vote for known losers and they might as well stay home on election day.

We can have a strong engaged America and withdraw some of our military bootprint. The biggest problem we have is that we don't have consistency. We go from balls to the wall, to complacent incompetence.

I don't think that withdrawing from the world will stabilize anything, but if we aren't stable, we can't stabilize anything anyway. Libertarians beleive in a more extreme sort of "non-intervention", some call it "isolationism". I think we need to get the hell out of the middle east, africa and europe. The euroweenies can handle their continent, and they're the ones who fucked up africa and the middle east. Keeping China in check should be our concern. So I partly agree with libertarians, and conservatives.

There, bridge in place.

We have been withdrawing our military boot[print from the world since Obama got in office and what did we get???? Benghazi and 21 embassies closed cause some raghead terrorist said something over a cellphone. How do you think that is working out for us in the world?

How is that interventionism working out for you? Lost any relatives on 09/11? Love them TSA agents handling your junk at the nation's airports?

Isn't the reason we lose every time the fact that Libertarians have never promised to use US Treasury funds to BUY votes from parasites and war profiteers?

Yes, how did "ignoring the world," by militarily intervening in a conflict that had nothing to do with the U.S. and pretending to be neutral while arming the Allies in a second conflict that had nothing to do with the U.S., work for us? Not very well.

INteresting read this AM in the WSJ op-ed that makes a good case that people don't vote for "real conservatives." People vote for attractive charismatic politicians.

Nobody even knows what a "real conservative" is could be part of the problem. When "conservatives" wipe their ass with our constitution and implement ideas that one would think come from progressives, only to turn around and slam progressives for their ideas, you're losing people's trust that you're any different. As it turns out, you're not. You just want to be "relevant". Enjoy it now, because you're brand of "conservative" is quickly becoming completely fucking irrelevant.

Wut?

Are you using incoherence as a debate strategy?

Wut?

Are you using incoherence as a debate strategy?

When isn't that the strategy?

Forum List

Back