Conservatives are the New Liberals

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
I know some of you are old enough to remember the liberalism of the 1960s. So you remember a time when:
Liberals believed the First Amendment was absolute and people should be able to say what they want regardless of how offensive it was.

Now conservatives hold that opinion.

Liberals believed in the goal of a race-blind society, where someone would be judged on his character rather than skin color.

Now conservaitves believe that.

Liberals believed in individual freedom to decide important issues without government interference.

Now conservatives believe that.

Liberals believed in an America that was engaged in the world and a force for good, helping those oppressed by communist dictatorships find their freedom.

Liberals believed in the press as the Fourth Estate, whose role was to inform the people and act as a check on a government.

Liberals believed in a genderless society where women were hired on the basis of their qualifications alone.

Liberals believed in the ideal of free and fair elections that were by the rules and above board beyond reproach.

For most of the old time liberals, they didnt leave the Democrat Party, the Democrat Party left them.

I know some of you are old enough to remember the liberalism of the 1960s. So you remember a time when:
Liberals believed the First Amendment was absolute and people should be able to say what they want regardless of how offensive it was.

Liberals believed in the goal of a race-blind society, where someone would be judged on his character rather than skin color.

Liberals believed in individual freedom to decide important issues without government interference.

Liberals believed in an America that was engaged in the world and a force for good, helping those oppressed by communist dictatorships find their freedom.

Liberals believed in the press as the Fourth Estate, whose role was to inform the people and act as a check on a government.

Liberals believed in a genderless society where women were hired on the basis of their qualifications alone.

Liberals believed in the ideal of free and fair elections that were by the rules and above board beyond reproach.

For most of the old time liberals, they didnt leave the Democrat Party, the Democrat Party left them.

And conservatives began believing all that at the exact same moment...amazing!

gettyimage.jpg

Before that...CRICKETS...

gettyimage.jpg

Agreed. Especially the belief in "a race-blind society, where someone would be judged on his character rather than skin color." No Wrongpublican EVER believed this before President Obama took office and shattered the racial barriers in America forever.

President Obama's mere existence cured 80% of racists of their brain-crippled disorder. Fact.

gettyimage.jpg

Someone utterly unable to form his own opinions probably shouldn't be telling other people what they believe.

Agreed. Especially the belief in "a race-blind society, where someone would be judged on his character rather than skin color." No Wrongpublican EVER believed this before President Obama took office and shattered the racial barriers in America forever.

President Obama's mere existence cured 80% of racists of their brain-crippled disorder. Fact.

Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

-- Ronald Reagan

He was talking about you.

Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

-- Ronald Reagan

He was talking about you.

Prove it.

Uncensored is lying through his teeth.

Free speech has limits: it is not absolute, period.

gettyimage.jpg

Someone utterly unable to form his own opinions probably shouldn't be telling other people what they believe.

I argued with plenty of 'new conservatives' when Bush was in office. NONE of them were calling for less government. These are the very same 'less government' conservatives who gave us the 'patriot act and fatherland security.

Bull pucky, Conservatives believe in only one thing, they should be in charge and unquestioned. None of that stuff means a hill of beans when there is money to be made and high positions to protect.

No. Hate mongers shouldn't have guaranteed employment if they make comments that embarrass their employer or cost them ad revenue.

The problem with colorblindness is that it is an extremely convenient way to ignore past transgressions and mistakenly believe that we can all start off fresh on equal footing.

This is too vague to even respond to.

There are warmongers across both aisles, oh goodie!

Cough, cough. Fox News.

Republican have routinely blocked efforts for equal pay for equal work legislation.

You're right. Conservatives are the ones actively trying to disenfranchise eligible voters.

I'm definitely not a democrat probably wouldn't even consider myself a liberal.

Conservatives are now pretending they have seen the light and are now thinking like liberals, but I think it's just another gambit, sort of the old Republican battle cry: Truman is a Republican, or Republicans believe in equality.
I'll wait for the movie to come out, but still a nice try.

Don't worry...

When "progressive" returns to being the epithet it should be, bed wetters will disassociate themselves from that.

If being "conservative" ever becomes trendy, count of the bed wetters to hijack that term.

Conservatives are now pretending they have seen the light and are now thinking like liberals, but I think it's just another gambit, sort of the old Republican battle cry: Truman is a Republican, or Republicans believe in equality.

What utter bullshit...

As if bed wetters don't continue to gloss over the fact that the entire racist foundation of the KKK was firmly cemented in the democrook party.

This is why I can't stand these fucktards anymore.

They're not just willfully ignorant, they spread their ignorance like a disease.

gettyimage.jpg

:happy-1:

Please...

You're killing me.

You should do this professionally. I've never seen a better parody of a dumbfuck bed wetting liberal in my life!!

:udaman:

Bull pucky to all of that....but the one I bolded has me laughing so hard, my tears are running down my legs.....

About fucking time to realize that the US has a one party system: The Demopublicans.

The far right has never believed and never will in a race blind society.

If they did, they would have no reason to exist.

Look at Pete wetting his bed nightly because America is changing forever, renouncing the America of the 1950s.

What utter bullshit...

As if bed wetters don't continue to gloss over the fact that the entire racist foundation of the KKK was firmly cemented in the democrook party.
Who then bolted the Democratic party and became Republicans....you forgot to add that, or Faux News hasn't mentioned it.

Yeah, right, because Democrats are the ones who have mostly whites in their party, call themselves patriots, push for Christian values, and strive to protect the white Christian heritage......:D

You are in denial.

The goal of the United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is to unite White Christians through the bond of brotherhood and aid their awareness of the problems facing our country. We will show you how and when to take action (in a non violent way). The United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is a patriotic, fraternal and law abiding organization. We uphold Christian values this country was founded on. We protect these values from those who seek to remove them from our society. Our ideology is simple, self preservation and the advancement of White Christian America. We are an active world-wide organization striving to protect and preserve White Christian heritage and culture. If you want to play an active part in the preservation of the White race you may submit an application. For God, Race and Nation!
United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan - Home

The progressives chiming in here seem to share the same argument: nuh-uh. It's about as factual as they can get. I know I stuck the right pig by the very loud squealing.

Yes, conservatives today believe what liberals back in the 1960s believed. Progressives believe what Stalinists in the 1930s believed.

Forum List

Back