Conservatives: do you believe that there are unfair criticisms made about Obama...

Legitimate criticisms of Obama include but are not limited to:
1. Obama hired Geithner and Holder, scum committed to hiding the past rather than exposing it and prosecuting it
2. Obama agreed to bailing out AIG/Goldman et al at 100c on the dollar instead of negotiating prices at or below market price, and worse
3. Obama failed absolutely to reign in speculative abuses in commodities trading and in off-radar derivatives markets
4. Obama's stimulus, supply-side in principle, put money into state and local governments, then expected "trickle down" to hoi polloi. It didn't.
5. Obama didn't end the Bush tax cuts in 2010. That is a lot bigger failure than generally acknowledged.
6. Obama got suckered by the insurance industry. Healthcare is likely Obama's Iraq/Afghanistan in the sense that war won't be over in 2016.
Ultimately Obama is, as Reagan, Junebug Bush and Clinton were not either, simply not up to the job. All these presidents depended on "experts" more than, say, IKE, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Pap Bush needed to. And ultimately every one of them fucked America continuing wild-eyed spending and promoting group rights (yes, corporations are, like Blacks, Latinos, etc., a class or a group) over individual rights.

The best president since 1980 was old man Bush, and he was a step down from Nixon, but the white trash scum of the earth drove him from office in 1992 for dialing back ReagaNUT voodoo econ by cutting defense after winning a war. Nothing that competent is even on the horizon.

GHWB gave us Clarence Thomas, the failure that keeps on failing.

Thanks for the wake-up call. After Clinton, Bush and a closer look at Obama nostalgia for less pain can overcome reason.

An aside- the halfwit below cites Mr Pedantic Teacher Toobin on Chauncy Gardner Thomas. How laugh out loud funny is that?

Eloquently put post, I'll give you that. Very disappointing in substance though.

"Very disappointing in substance though."

Funny you should say that, Billy-O!

That is my impression, and, no doubt, will be history's, of Barack Hussein Obama, mmm mmm mmm!

I just don't get it. You're obviously witty and funny, yet you seem to lack basic critical thinking skills. What's that about?

Now, Billy....

He's a failure at repairing the economy, even though he had the instruction manual penned by President Reagan, and President Harding...

He's failed at making the Middle East better..and, in fact made it worse...

Can you name all of the nations that have become our BFF's as a result of his policies?
Right....none.

Rather than keep promises such as bringing the nation together, he is the most divisive in history....

He and the missus live like Marie Antoinette at a time of supposed great poverty...

Unlike President Truman, the buck never stops on his desk...

And those are his good points!

How's that for critical thinking, Billy-0?

For the OP, of course. The birther movement is the biggest example. That is sick and makes me angry. Fast and furious, he deserves a lot of criticism for that but it goes way too far when people start coming up with him plotting the downfall of guns by planning this program to fail. Much of his foreign policy is criticized far too much. The right will not give him ANY points here and I find that ridiculous after Bush’s foreign policy – particularly when many of the same people are supporting those decisions.

I think sometimes he's blamed unfairly but I do think the people he surrounds himself with makes most of the problems in government fall into his lap. That sort of goes with the job.

Obama is the first president I've seen that never gets blame for anything from the media even when it's obvious.

His greatest flaw is a failure to lead. He causes problems then acts like he's as indignant about them as the rest of us.

Never gets any blame for anything from the media? You have got to be kidding me. That is so far off it isn't even funny. Apparently you have never watched more than 10 minutes of Fox News. Every news network have criticized Obama. Even pundits on MSNBC on rare occasions has criticized him.

I have absolutely no respect for Fox News. They, probably even more so than Republicans in office, have severely skewed his reputation. Fox News is a powerful propaganda machine. I think they are ruining politics in this country.

You single out Fox but it is no different than MSNBC. You see, Fox is the natural evolution of a left leaning media. When half the country is consistently called idiots by the majority of the media and the remaining media outlets paint a picture that is at odds with them, they are going to find their news somewhere. Fox stepped up and now is essentially the ‘main stream’ media machine now. At least fox gives debate a chance. Most of the other networks don’t even bother.

I find it interesting that you singled them out. That shows a bias already. ALL television media is complete garbage now. None of them even bother to broadcast news anymore: 30 second clips and sensationalized bullshit sells better. Most people don’t even bother, they prefer to get their ‘news’ from comedians. Comedians!!

Televised media PERIOD is ruining politics. Blogs too, they don’t even bother looking like they follow reality and people eat that shit up.

Anyway, I think that the ‘never gets criticized at all’ comes from the fact that even when criticized, nothing sticks. He could go outside tomorrow and beat an orphan to death and it would not stick. It reminds me of Clinton. Personally, I think that this is growing out of the demonization of political views. No one actually knows what the other side even stands for anymore. The frothing mouth republicans look over and thing that democrats all stand for a Marxist takeover of the economy where everyone has a state job, enslaved by the state and pays 100 percent taxes. We all know that everyone on the left believes that we have no rights whatsoever as the state has all the rights; they want to steal all the guns in the country, end all religion and steal your children. The frothing at the mouth left all knows that the right worships corporations, want to send the poor to the fire showers and demand that you convert everyone to Christianity immediately (unless they are black or Mexican because all people on the right are racist). The utter demonization of any political opponent really breaks the system because you have a lot of partisan voters that are going to vote for anyone as the other candidate represents complete destruction.

We remember the last election. If Romney won, it was going to be the end of the world with abortion illegal, corporations running everything and the rich stealing all the money in the nation and if Obama won we were still going to see the end of the world with tax rates so high the rich would cease to exist, guns confiscated and the military vanished. Where is the room for actual debate when your opponent is the devil?

you obviously didnt listen to the facts onf fast and furious.

this is why people dont see you as fair like you think they should

I fully acknowledge that he is one of the most beloved entertainers of our generation!

When he does that jog down the steps of Air Force 1, with his little arms folded....doing an impression of a Tyrannosaurus rex!....

...you could knock me over with a feather!

Eloquently put post, I'll give you that. Very disappointing in substance though.

That is my impression, and, no doubt, will be history's, of Barack Hussein Obama, mmm mmm mmm!

the hate slobbering out of you people jowles for the first balck president will go down in history.

it will be studied for decades to come.

...by other cons/repubs? Mainly by Republicans in office? What are some examples?

In the interest of fairness, I will openly admit that while I think Bush was a bad president, I don't believe he was the worst president of all time. He did do some good. I think he made conscious efforts to better certain social problems. He championed women's rights for instance.

I honestly think that if you cannot answer this question with solid examples, you have an unfair and unrealistic opinion about Obama's presidency. I'm not challenging you to change your overall opinion about him, I just want to know how many of you have a skewed perspective about him.

This brings up an important point.

Had republicans and conservatives maintained an actual policy of that of the loyal opposition, rather than the failed strategy of “Obama: always wrong, all the time,” criticism of the president would have some validity. Instead, conservative criticism of Obama falls on deaf ears, as the right suffers from the boy who cried wolf syndrome.

Moreover, the unwarranted and hyper-critical nature of the right’s animosity toward the president has made liberals and democrats loathe to criticize Obama, and understandably so, resulting in virtually no political dialogue continued gridlock.
Yeah, that's why even liberal pundits are hammering him after his disastrous news conference the other day....Even they are admitting that the man doesn't lead, and only tries to place the blame on others for his abject failures, and fully proven inability to lead.

Face it, the mans legacy will no doubt mirror that of Carter's, as a President who could not unite, and had an abject inability to lead.

as a President who could not unite, and had an abject inability to lead.

yep thats it right there.....but Dean and others will blame the Republicans....

most of us here don't see you as being to fair ......so whats your point?.....:eusa_eh:

Asking a liberal to make a coherent point is like asking them to oh say, come to church. They just won't do it!

the hate slobbering out of you people jowles for the first balck president will go down in history.

so if i am against what the President wants to do.....its because he is black?.....it cant be because of his policies?.....is that what you are saying?....

What ‘facts’ do you think I am ignoring or do not know?

He gets criticism for a program authorized under his command when it slips. That’s what being a leader is about. You have ultimate responsibility for all the failures and successes. Does not really matter why or how and that program slipped pretty badly.

I don’t really care what you or others see as ‘fair.’ I am not fair at all. I have convictions and openly declare that I am on the right. I am just not a republican. You are making claims about what I think without any understanding at all. There is no ‘fair.’ That is a bullshit term.

"it will be studied for decades to come"

I sure hope you finally broke the ice and came up with a correct pronouncement!!!

This ineffective windbag needs to be studied as a cautionary tale,...

...and to make James Buchanan look good!

BTW....you can stop saying 'To Go' when you order at the drive-through.

Last edited:
As with all Presidents unfair things are said...

The price of gasoline might be one although I don't see him doing anything along those lines.

It may be unfair to criticize his conduct of the Afghanistan war when he did have a surge then admitted it was a failure, at least he tried.

I think sometimes he's blamed unfairly but I do think the people he surrounds himself with makes most of the problems in government fall into his lap. That sort of goes with the job.

Obama is the first president I've seen that never gets blame for anything from the media even when it's obvious.

His greatest flaw is a failure to lead. He causes problems then acts like he's as indignant about them as the rest of us.

Never gets any blame for anything from the media? You have got to be kidding me. That is so far off it isn't even funny. Apparently you have never watched more than 10 minutes of Fox News. Every news network have criticized Obama. Even pundits on MSNBC on rare occasions has criticized him.

I have absolutely no respect for Fox News. They, probably even more so than Republicans in office, have severely skewed his reputation. Fox News is a powerful propaganda machine. I think they are ruining politics in this country.

Oh come on the only thing MSNBC criticized him for was gay marriage and now he's onboard......

Show me the criticism from academia? from the three networks? from the NY Times or Washington Post?

Did you see his interview with Jon Stewart on the Daily Show? Stewart gave him a pretty good grilling.

1. Obama hired Geithner and Holder, scum committed to hiding the past rather than exposing it and prosecuting it
2. Obama agreed to bailing out AIG/Goldman at 100c on the dollar instead of negotiating prices at or below market price, and worse
3. Obama failed absolutely to reign in speculative abuses in commodities trading and in off-radar derivatives markets
4. Obama's stimulus was supply-side in principle because it put money in at the top, state and local governments, then expected it to "trickle down" to hoi polloi. It didn't.
5. He didn't end the Bush tax cuts in 2010. That is a lot bigger failure than generally acknowledged.
6. Obama got suckered by the insurance industry in re healthcare. Healthcare is likely Obama's Iraq/Afghanistan in the sense that war won't be over in 2016.
Ultimately Obama is, like Reagan, Junebug Bush and Clinton were, simply not up to the job. All these presidents depended on "experts" more than, say, IKE, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Pap Bush needed to. And ultimately every one of them fucked America continuing wild-eyed spending and promoting group rights (yes, corporations are groups) over individual rights.

The best president since 1980 was old man Bush, and he was a step down from Nixon, but the white trash scum of the earth drove him from office in 1992 for cutting defense after winning a war. Nothing as good is even on the horizon.

I'm interested. What did HW do for you?

HW won a popular war and was not reelected. How good was he?

I find some of the criticisms to be petty... But, I find him to be petty as well. He grabs credit for anything but walks away from every problem and leaves the dirt for everyone else to cleanup.

2. Obama agreed to bailing out AIG/Goldman at 100c on the dollar instead of negotiating prices at or below market price, and worse
4. Obama's stimulus was supply-side in principle because it put money in at the top, state and local governments, then expected it to "trickle down" to hoi polloi. It didn't.
5. He didn't end the Bush tax cuts in 2010. That is a lot bigger failure than generally acknowledged.
6. Obama got suckered by the insurance industry in re healthcare. Healthcare is likely Obama's Iraq/Afghanistan in the sense that war won't be over in 2016.
Ultimately Obama is, like Reagan, Junebug Bush and Clinton were, simply not up to the job. All these presidents depended on "experts" more than, say, IKE, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Pap Bush needed to. And ultimately every one of them fucked America continuing wild-eyed spending and promoting group rights (yes, corporations are groups) over individual rights.

The best president since 1980 was old man Bush, and he was a step down from Nixon, but the white trash scum of the earth drove him from office in 1992 for cutting defense after winning a war. Nothing as good is even on the horizon.

I'm interested. What did HW do for you?

HW won a popular war and was not reelected. How good was he?

What's an HW?

...by other cons/repubs? Mainly by Republicans in office? What are some examples?

In the interest of fairness, I will openly admit that while I think Bush was a bad president, I don't believe he was the worst president of all time. He did do some good. I think he made conscious efforts to better certain social problems. He championed women's rights for instance.

I honestly think that if you cannot answer this question with solid examples, you have an unfair and unrealistic opinion about Obama's presidency. I'm not challenging you to change your overall opinion about him, I just want to know how many of you have a skewed perspective about him.

Yes, most of the criticism coming from the Left is unfair. He could not have pushed for single payer. He could not have nationalized the banks.
I will say Obama signed a guns in national parks bill. That might be his best achievement to date.

I find some of the criticisms to be petty... But, I find him to be petty as well. He grabs credit for anything but walks away from every problem and leaves the dirt for everyone else to cleanup.

Not to mention he craps up any potential for working together by demonizing Republicans as mean, petty, partisan, stupid and wrong. This is before he's even met with any.

Obama declared he would support expansion of jobs here in the U.S. - He did the opposite by signing the Asian-Pacific region NAFTA agreement as soon as he got into office. This allowed more American businesses to leave the U.S.

His insurance mandate is causing employers to reduce their employees and their hours which further cripples growth in the employment numbers. He supported the health insurance industry which hurts the American public in increased costs and limited ability to afford getting healthcare.

Forum List

Back