🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservatives lack sense of humor, study finds

Colbert humor (or lack of it) is an interesting concept. It's possible that conservatives don't find him too funny but it is equally likely that liberals really believe that Colbert is a news analyst. Even though Colbert is employed by the comedy channel left wingers quote him as if his views about politics are valid. Maybe conservatives don't have a sense of humor when it comes to left wing comedians but it's pretty sure that liberals are stupid.

I'm pretty sure you were molested as a child.

You take that back.

As a huge stand up comedy fan, I've found that comedians have a strange mix of liberal and conservative beliefs. They usually lean towards socially liberal. One of my favorite stand up comedians, Jim Norton, was recently attacked by feminist groups for calling Hillary Clinton psychotic on Comedy Central's "The Nightly Show". He was pressed to apologize for his "sexist" comments, but refused, only to double down on his remarks on Twitter. I love that shit. :D

Comedian Jim Norton Makes Female Panel Erupt in Gasps of Disagreement With Brutal Hillary Clinton Line TheBlaze.com

Jim Norton is a dick. He can be funny.....but it never gets him beyond the fact that he is a dick. Many nutters confuse comedy and snark. He's one of the few nutters who can craft a joke.
he was great on "Lucky Louie"....

There is plenty of good conservative comedians.
Red Skelton, Bob Hope, Jackie Mason, Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, Dennis Miller, Yakov Smirnov, Jay Leno, Dale Davidson, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Jeff Hobson, Larry Miller, Dave Thomas, Rich Little, Norm MacDonald, Larry the Cable Guy, Drew Carey.

As a huge stand up comedy fan, I've found that comedians have a strange mix of liberal and conservative beliefs. They usually lean towards socially liberal. One of my favorite stand up comedians, Jim Norton, was recently attacked by feminist groups for calling Hillary Clinton psychotic on Comedy Central's "The Nightly Show". He was pressed to apologize for his "sexist" comments, but refused, only to double down on his remarks on Twitter. I love that shit. :D

Comedian Jim Norton Makes Female Panel Erupt in Gasps of Disagreement With Brutal Hillary Clinton Line TheBlaze.com

Jim Norton is a dick. He can be funny.....but it never gets him beyond the fact that he is a dick. Many nutters confuse comedy and snark. He's one of the few nutters who can craft a joke.

I can't remember the episode, but he has a part on Louie CK's newest comedy sitcom on FX. I've only watched one season so far, but it's pretty funny. Louie CK is probably above Norton as far as my favorite comedians go. :)

I'm a conservative and I think Bill Maher is funny. I disagree with his politics, but he is funny. So, tell me again that I don't have a sense of humor, when someone I disagree with makes me laugh.

Red Skelton, Bob Hope, Jackie Mason, Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, Dennis Miller, Yakov Smirnov, Jay Leno, Dale Davidson, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Jeff Hobson, Larry Miller, Dave Thomas, Rich Little, Norm MacDonald, Larry the Cable Guy, Drew Carey.

I'll give you Joan Rivers, Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Norm MacDonald and Larry the Cable Guy. The rest of those comedians SUCK.

I'll give you Joan Rivers, Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Norm MacDonald and Larry the Cable Guy. The rest of those comedians SUCK.
You don't like Dennis Miller? What's wrong with you?

I can't remember the episode, but he has a part on Louie CK's newest comedy sitcom on FX. I've only watched one season so far, but it's pretty funny. Louie CK is probably above Norton as far as my favorite comedians go. :)

I agree. He's funny. But his political stuff isn't his best.

I can't remember a time Dennis Miller has ever made me laugh.

"He's like (insert obscure reference nobody born in the last 40 years will ever know of)..."

I hope an 18-wheeler hits Dennis Miller as he's leaving his McDonald's job today.

I think you are taking license by calling many of those people conservative. I'd need to be convinced that Norm and Joan are ( were ) conservative. I'd like to see some of their conservative humor.

I think we have seen many examples today (and every day!) on this very forum.

Do conservatives have a measurably lower sense of humor?

Conservatives lack sense of humor study finds Psychology Today

;)

This from the first paragraph of your article:

This, I think, is because it is difficult to come across as hilarious when you make fun of the poor, minorities and other obvious targets of conservative scorn.

Dude, that's the platform of Chris Rock, George Lopez and many 'liberal' comedians. I'm sure if I read further, I could find many more holes.

I'm a conservative and I think Bill Maher is funny. I disagree with his politics, but he is funny. So, tell me again that I don't have a sense of humor, when someone I disagree with makes me laugh.

Bill Maher is snarky. He's predictable. I saw his standup show once. Not that great.

Dude isn't funny.

I think we have seen many examples today (and every day!) on this very forum.

Do conservatives have a measurably lower sense of humor?

Conservatives lack sense of humor study finds Psychology Today

;)

This from the first paragraph of your article:

This, I think, is because it is difficult to come across as hilarious when you make fun of the poor, minorities and other obvious targets of conservative scorn.

Dude, that's the platform of Chris Rock, George Lopez and many 'liberal' comedians. I'm sure if I read further, I could find many more holes.
How can anyone claim that conservatives have no sense of humor? Every day, liberals come on this site and make fools of themselves, and we can't help but laugh at them.

Forum List

Back