Conservatives

Get real Annie, if anyone is capabale of distorting a thread it's you. You are the one that made this a class or situation matter and when you got caught you tried to backpedal. Same old Annie but on a new board........they'll wise up to you wait and see. As for using quote? As soon as you figure it out THEN you can comment on my abilities. How's that?

I'll tell you the same thing I told PoliticalChic: You can't just insist you're right. You have to prove it.

And neither of you have disproved that inequity exists for people of color, people who are gay, and/or females.

And the point is that these inequities demonstrate that everyone doesn't have the same opportunities.
[/QUOTE]
What the hell are you jabbering about. No way to even figure out what you are referring to, other than slamming. Perhaps if you worried more about what you want to say and formatting it correctly, instead of all the colors and weird quoting ways, you could be understood. Just a thought.

Get real Annie, if anyone is capabale of distorting a thread it's you. You are the one that made this a class or situation matter and when you got caught you tried to backpedal. Same old Annie but on a new board........they'll wise up to you wait and see. As for using quote? As soon as you figure it out THEN you can comment on my abilities. How's that?

I'll tell you the same thing I told PoliticalChic: You can't just insist you're right. You have to prove it.

And neither of you have disproved that inequity exists for people of color, people who are gay, and/or females.

And the point is that these inequities demonstrate that everyone doesn't have the same opportunities.

PoliticalChic cleaned your proverbial clock Annie and again anyone that really wants to get ahead can.........it's simple but to you there has to be a victim somewhere. I mean seriously you are a Liberal...eh?

Prove that "anyone that really wants to get ahead can."

Factor discrimination into your response. Don't just pretend it doesn't exist.
[/QUOTE]

You forget Annie I had you on ignore on the old board for one reason, your obsession with having the last word and creating endless threads. I could hit you upside your head with a sack of facts and you'd ignore it and keep right on posting away. Which reminds me where in the hell is the ignore function on this board?

PoliticalChic cleaned your proverbial clock Annie and again anyone that really wants to get ahead can.........it's simple but to you there has to be a victim somewhere. I mean seriously you are a Liberal...eh?

[/QUOTE]

Aren't you done playing the victim card yet?? Here's the deal,, no one has to jump through you stupid hoops to prove anything.

You forget Annie I had you on ignore on the old board for one reason, your obsession with having the last word and creating endless threads. I could hit you upside your head with a sack of facts and you'd ignore it and keep right on posting away. Which reminds me where in the hell is the ignore function on this board?[/QUOTE]
I haven't a clue to who you 'were', seriously. In any case, please ignore, it's there, somewhere, look around the colors and fonts.

Still can't get back to the post you seem to want me to see.

You forget Annie I had you on ignore on the old board for one reason, your obsession with having the last word and creating endless threads. I could hit you upside your head with a sack of facts and you'd ignore it and keep right on posting away. Which reminds me where in the hell is the ignore function on this board?
I haven't a clue to who you 'were', seriously. In any case, please ignore, it's there, somewhere, look around the colors and fonts.

Still can't get back to the post you seem to want me to see.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

I am proof. IRL that is, deemed disabled and no longer capable of work, so no one would hire me thanks to Affirmative Action. Lived in shelters off the public dollar and SSDI for many years. Finally found a way to make a new name for myself by showing off, the rest is history.

Bill Gates ... started with $50 and was a drop out.

What the hell are you jabbering about. No way to even figure out what you are referring to, other than slamming. Perhaps if you worried more about what you want to say and formatting it correctly, instead of all the colors and weird quoting ways, you could be understood. Just a thought.

What's been said is available on the board.

And color doesn't alter facts.

I am not "slamming" anybody. I have, in fact, been asking what the point is in attacking posters instead of arguing a point.

That study was posted here a while back. As I recall, there was quite a little temper tantrum that broke out...therefore causing the ultimate irony of validating the study by obnoxiously attacking it.

The reason it gets such a harsh response is because this highly inaccurate and unimpressive "study" gets passed by liberals as indisputably evidence! I mean if this study was a girl, liberals would jack-off to it!

Yet there is nothing scientific to it and the conclusions where definitely geared to promoting a political agenda! Very disingenious

Much like the "liberalism is a mental disorder" study was geared to promoting a political agenda, but for the reverse side.

Last edited:

I am proof. IRL that is, deemed disabled and no longer capable of work, so no one would hire me thanks to Affirmative Action. Lived in shelters off the public dollar and SSDI for many years. Finally found a way to make a new name for myself by showing off, the rest is history.

LOL!

Gates was born in Seattle, Washington, to William H. Gates, Sr. and Mary Maxwell Gates. His family was upper middle class; his father was a prominent lawyer, his mother served on the board of directors for First Interstate BancSystem and the United Way, and her father, J. W. Maxwell, was a national bank president....

...At 13 he enrolled in the Lakeside School, an exclusive preparatory school....

Gates graduated from Lakeside School in 1973. He scored 1590 out of 1600 on the SAT[17] and subsequently enrolled at Harvard College in the fall of 1973.[18] Prior to the mid-1990s, a SAT score of 1590 corresponded roughly to an IQ of 170,[...

Bill Gates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL!

Gates was born in Seattle, Washington, to William H. Gates, Sr. and Mary Maxwell Gates. His family was upper middle class; his father was a prominent lawyer, his mother served on the board of directors for First Interstate BancSystem and the United Way, and her father, J. W. Maxwell, was a national bank president....

...At 13 he enrolled in the Lakeside School, an exclusive preparatory school....

Gates graduated from Lakeside School in 1973. He scored 1590 out of 1600 on the SAT[17] and subsequently enrolled at Harvard College in the fall of 1973.[18] Prior to the mid-1990s, a SAT score of 1590 corresponded roughly to an IQ of 170,[...

Did not say that's all he had, but that's all he needed and used. Also drop out from college is still a drop out.

I am not "slamming" anybody. I have, in fact, been asking what the point is in attacking posters instead of arguing a point.

We've been arguing points. Points are being ignored.

Your current situation is no indication of your ultimate potential! ~Anthony Robbins

LOL!

Did not say that's all he had, but that's all he needed and used. Also drop out from college is still a drop out.

$50.00 is nowhere near "all he needed."

And it certainly wasn't "all he used," either.

He had a high IQ and an exclusive education -- both due to the particular circumstances into which he was born.

And he needed and used them, too. He couldn't have done what he has without intelligence, education, and the access the circumstances of his birth provided him.

We've been arguing points. Points are being ignored.

True. This thread has developed a lot of points, so many that it's unlikely most posters to this thread will address them all.

Steve Jobs was a poor, orphan drop out.

An adoptee is not an "orphan." And he inherited a high IQ. That he didn't complete a degree is no indication that he didn't benefit from his college eduction.

Jobs was born in San Francisco[1] and was adopted by Paul and Clara (née Hagopian) Jobs of Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California who named him Steven Paul. Paul and Clara also had a daughter, Patty. His biological parents, Joanne Carole Schieble and Abdulfattah Jandali[7] — a graduate student from Syria who became a political science professor[7] — later married and gave birth to Jobs' sister, the novelist Mona Simpson.

Jobs attended Cupertino Junior High School and Homestead High School in Cupertino, California,[13] and frequented after-school lectures at the Hewlett-Packard Company in Palo Alto, California. He was soon hired there and worked with Steve Wozniak as a summer employee.[15] In 1972, Jobs graduated from high school and enrolled in Reed College in Portland, Oregon....

In 1976, Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak, with funding from multimillionaire A.C. "Mike" Markkula, founded Apple....

Steve Jobs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Steve Jobs was a poor, orphan drop out.

An adoptee is not an "orphan." And he inherited a high IQ. That he didn't complete a degree is no indication that he didn't benefit from his college eduction.

Jobs was born in San Francisco[1] and was adopted by Paul and Clara (née Hagopian) Jobs of Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California who named him Steven Paul. Paul and Clara also had a daughter, Patty. His biological parents, Joanne Carole Schieble and Abdulfattah Jandali[7] — a graduate student from Syria who became a political science professor[7] — later married and gave birth to Jobs' sister, the novelist Mona Simpson.

Jobs attended Cupertino Junior High School and Homestead High School in Cupertino, California,[13] and frequented after-school lectures at the Hewlett-Packard Company in Palo Alto, California. He was soon hired there and worked with Steve Wozniak as a summer employee.[15] In 1972, Jobs graduated from high school and enrolled in Reed College in Portland, Oregon....

In 1976, Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak, with funding from multimillionaire A.C. "Mike" Markkula, founded Apple....

Steve Jobs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Opps, he was adopted. I did not claim he didn't benefit from whatever education he did receive prior to dropping out - and inherited IQ? Genes that can influence IQ are inherited, but IQ itself is not. Inherited portions are unpredictable, too. So it's more like a correlation. which is not fact.

Anyway, you're missing the point entirely. He probably had a decent, modest upbringing, and a much less 'exclusive' secondary education than Gates.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back