Consider the Source

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
If you worship a being who's all-powerful, why does that being require you to go somewhere other than where you live to worship it?

If you worship a being who's all-powerful, why's that being given absolute religious authority to men and women who seem to need your money in order to serve that deity? And compared to the all-powerful, miracle-working deity, the deity's servants have no power whatsoever.

If you worship a being who's all-powerful, why does it insist you obey some book some people wrote thousands of years ago, on the other side of the planet, in a culture totally foreign to your's now complete with lots of specific-to-that-foreign-culture things that have zero application to you today?

If you worship some guy, the above makes perfect sense. If you worship an all-powerful god, it doesn't.

He doesn't "require" anyone to go somewhere other than their home to worship Him. I don't belong to a church or any denomination. Many people are leaving the church's. Standing in a church makes you no more a Christian than standing in a garage makes you a car.
I get much more out of small group studies in our homes.

Your 2nd question really makes no sense to me. Of course preachers need the money that people tithe to the church...they have to have a place to sleep & eat just like anyone else! Plus the money goes to maintaining the church, some goes to possibly mission trips. The money is used (or should be used) to further God's kingdom and bring more people to Him.

He also doesn't insist we "obey" some book. You also prove how ignorant you are of the Bible and God. He doesn't force anyone to do anything...it's our choice. The OT is a great history lesson of what the world was like before Christ. If you know how to read the NT, what it tells us is very much pertinent to what's going on today too. You just need open your eyes when you read it.

You've never read the Bible have you?

I've never read "Pride and Prejudice." Consequently there's no threads on this site about my opinion of it.

Forum List

Back