Constitutional Attorney Explains Why Ted Cruz And Marco Rubio Are Not Natural Born Citizens

Has the Court ruled on this type of case before? If not I would suspect the Court might say this is a political decision not judicial. In short it will be the people that decide Constitutional eligibility.

Lemme guess....this 'Constitutional Expert' is a Liberal?!

Is this a REAL 'Constitutional Expert' or one like Obama...?! :p

Has the Court ruled on this type of case before? If not I would suspect the Court might say this is a political decision not judicial. In short it will be the people that decide Constitutional eligibility.

They've ruled *around* it. But no, they've never explicitly ruled on the full definition of natural born citizenship. They've told us what is included in the meaning. But made it clear that what they acknowledge may not be the only meaning of the term. Only a meaning.

The issue is fundamentally this: Is natural born citizenship citizenship derived from the constitution exclusively? Or the constitution and congressional statute?

The courts have never ruled on this matter. Though the Supreme Court made it clear that those born outside the US to US parents are citizens via naturalization. US law doesn't make the same distinction, simply citing them as 'citizens at birth'.

Lemme guess....this 'Constitutional Expert' is a Liberal?!

Is this a REAL 'Constitutional Expert' or one like Obama...?! :p

Glad you admit Trump is a Liberal
Syriusly, stick to speaking for yourself.... because you suck trying to speak for me. :p

Well the loudest person claiming that Cruz may not be eligible is Trump.

This isn't a 'liberal' issue- it is a GOP issue.

Of course it is. But this is the 'party of personal responsibility' we're talking about. Its always someone else's fault.

Makes sense. Cruz and Rubio should disqualify themselves from the race. Obama should have never been allowed to run.

Natural born citizen status is inherited - it's not bestowed by the Constitution or Acts of Congress

Why does it matter what country their father's were citizens of? Why would it not be their mother that mattered? People have two parents. If one is a US citizen, then they are natural born citizens. You could make an argument that Cruz does not qualify because he had dual citizenship. Outside of that, this argument is comical at best.

Trump being the loudest about the 'birther' issue is reminiscent of 2008 when Hillary's 'political militia', threatened by Obama, started the Obama birther movement.

Makes sense. Cruz and Rubio should disqualify themselves from the race. Obama should have never been allowed to run.

Natural born citizen status is inherited - it's not bestowed by the Constitution or Acts of Congress

Why does it matter what country their father's were citizens of? Why would it not be their mother that mattered?

Depends on if they were born in the US or not. If they were born in the US, it wouldn't matter.

If they were born outside the US, then their citizenship is not embodied in the Constitution. But granted through Congressional Statute. Thus, the terms of citizenship as defined by Congress would apply. And they have at certain times made a distinction between a mother or father who was the American citizen, even in or out of wedlock births.

Consequently, whatever the rules of citizenship were at the time of their birth would be relevant. Including anything Congress included about mothers, fathers, or marriage effecting citizenship.

Trump being the loudest about the 'birther' issue is reminiscent of 2008 when Hillary's 'political militia', threatened by Obama, started the Obama birther movement.

Save of course that the only 'evidence' that the 'Hillary Militia' started the birther movement is an anonymous email.

Which doesn't establish any identify, being anonymous.

Why does it matter what country their father's were citizens of? Why would it not be their mother that mattered?

Depends on if they were born in the US or not. If they were born in the US, would it wouldn't matter.

If they were born outside the US, then their citizenship is not embodied in the Constitution. But granted through Congressional Statute. Thus, the terms of citizenship as defined by Congress would apply. And they have at certain times made a distinction between a mother or father who was the American citizen, even in or out of wedlock births.

Consequently, whatever the rules of citizenship were at the time of their birth would be relevant. Including anything Congress included about mothers, fathers, or marriage effecting citizenship.

Maybe in decades past, but today the mother and father are equal and that includes when it comes to determining citizenship. The father's citizenship does not outweigh the mother's.

Trump to Cruz: Settle eligibility question or “get out” of the race
Trump has been Birther about Cruz- directly- starting in 2013- and his latest comment is today.

Donald Trump stepped up his attack on Ted Cruz on Monday, tweeting that the Texas senator needs to “either settle his problem” of having been born in Canada or leave the race.

Hilary never once mentioned Obama's eligibility.

The only thing 'reminiscent' about the two is that Trump was a Birther idiot in both cases.

Depends on if they were born in the US or not. If they were born in the US, would it wouldn't matter.

Maybe in decades past, but today the mother and father are equal and that includes when it comes to determining citizenship. The father's citizenship does not outweigh the mother's.

Again, it depends on your constitutional interpretations. If you are going to be an 'originalist', then the standards that applied closer to the era of the Founders are more relevant than the standards that applied after.

I, personally, agree with you. But I'm just trying to describe the various arguments as they exist. Not to judge their worthiness.

And the relevant laws would be in 'decades past'. Specifically the 60s and 70s.

Trump has been Birther about Cruz- directly- starting in 2013- and his latest comment is today.

Hilary never once mentioned Obama's eligibility.

The only thing 'reminiscent' about the two is that Trump was a Birther idiot in both cases.

I draw a distinction between questioning constitutional interpretation of issues that have yet to be firmly settled......and making up elaborate batshit conspiracy theories involving secret flights, faked birth certificates, and half a century of international intrigue.

Even the CRS acknowledges that on those born outside the US......its not settled. Its not perfectly ambiguous, definitely leaning toward an interpretation that recognizes Cruz as a natural born citizen. But its not settled.

I wouldn't consider it irrational to discuss it. While the 'faked birth certificate, Hawaii lied' tin foil idiocy is worthy of every drop of scorn heaped upon it.

Yeah engaging in a despicable ploy involving questioning one's nationality is obviously beneath someone as ethical as Hillary, a woman who claimed to have visited troops under sniper fire, and who engaged in unethical behavior during the Watergate Commission by trying to intentionally present a brief she knew to be false in an attempt to deny an Americancitizen / sitting President of rightful counsel.

lol

Yeah engaging in a despicable ploy involving questioning one's nationality is obviously beneath someone as ethical as Hillary, a woman who claimed to have visited troops under sniper fire and engaging in unethical behavior during the Watergate Commission by trying to intentionally present a brief she knew to be false in an attempt to deny an Americancitizen / sitting President of rightful counsel.

lol

Which has not a damn thing to do with the Birther conspiracy. But thanks from running from your own claims.

It demonstrates even you don't give a fuck what you're saying.

Which is convenient. We don't either.

Movement? I'd say she brought up the issue which is not the same as starting a movement. Not sure she even brought it up herself but if not I'm not saying she wasn't behind floating the idea. I just don't recall her making a mountain out of a molehill or even openly talking about it. If I'm wrong somebody will set me straight with some links from her speeches.

(Skylar) SCORE...I hit a nerve. ROFLOL!

Poor Skylar was forced to come face-to-face with the truth about Hillary! :p

(Skylar) SCORE...I hit a nerve. ROFLOL!

Poor Skylar was forced to come face-to-face with the truth about Hillary! :p

Laughing.....and your argument predictably devolves into babble about me. And abandonment of your entire argument.

Your argument breaks in the exact same place: You can't prove that Hillary had anything to do with the Birther conspiracy. As the email you're citing.....was anonymous.

Until you can solve that problem, your entire argument is DOA.

Forum List

Back